Worst ever genre of music?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Kensuke
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:59 pm

Re: Worst ever genre of music?

Postby Kensuke » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:05 am

I listen to just about every type of music except for New Rap (Soulja Boy Etc.) and Pop.
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
Jay C
Posts: 4299
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:33 pm

Re: Worst ever genre of music?

Postby Jay C » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:20 am

I used to be on the whole 'Every genre has it's good points' bandwagon, but as of last week: whatever genre 'Bring Me The Horizon' is in. Metalcore? Or something? God, I don't even want to f*cking know. That band, along with 4/5 others I had the stupidity to try out, were in something along the lines of that. What horrible music.

Note to self: don't download music simply because an old friend says it is good.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
marvel_freak_42
Posts: 1776
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:55 pm

Re: Worst ever genre of music?

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:12 pm

I myself am a very open minded person, especially to music. I too used to hate rap, hip-hop, R & B, etc., but now I'll listen to anything that sounds good, though right now I'm in my metal phase. f*ck man, a good song is a good song. So I don't specifcally hate a genre of music, what I hate are two things: 1) People who don't give a band/artist a chance based on image or because they're catergorized in a specific genre. 2) The way the pop music industry is runned because of that. I'm not gonna go into any more detail right now.
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
Kelly MacCornmac
Posts: 6142
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:05 am

Re: Worst ever genre of music?

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:06 am

1)Country/Gospel ...pretty much the same damn thing...
and that is with the exeption of Devil Went Down to Georgia
2) Popular sh*t. includes any thing that's not to good/funny
3) blues and slow music, with exeption of really awesomistic slow music....
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others


SPU! Join it!
Essey
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:09 am

Re: Worst ever genre of music?

Postby Essey » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:59 pm

I'm not a huge fan of death metal, honestly. xD I can listen to some types of metal like heavy metal, gothic metal, even some types of nu-metal, and I've even liked some power metal... but death metal... eh...

I wouldn't count anything like Slayer though, since they're technically thrash metal. There's some songs I've liked by them, but I haven't listened to them that much to say.

There is that one song by Devildriver I like. Buuut... that's about it. There's an occasional song or two, as long as it's like melodic death metal, but if it's like "COOKIE MONSTER BECAME A SATANIST WITH THE SAME OBNOXIOUS THEME IN EVERY SONG", I can't stand it. It's not like it's too 'hxc' for me, it just bores me. Every song like that sounds the same. Unless they can get creative with it, I won't like it.

And speaking of songs that sound the same... I have to add metalcore. I admit, I like some of it. But not too much of it. For example, I can only listen to one song by As I Lay Dying before getting bored. But that's just me.
JBgoode
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:59 pm

Re: Worst ever genre of music?

Postby JBgoode » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:32 pm

If you hate that kinda stuff, here's a cartoon show for you!
"METALOCALYPSE" , which airs on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block, shows in a comedic manner, what the world would be like if that type of metal was mainstreamed beyond belief.
Hence the satirical bloodbaths, intentionally obnoxious personalities of members of the blackmetal band Dethklok (grunt-voiced (even when he talks) lead singer Nathan Explosion, Scandinavian guitarists Swiskkar & Toki whose English is no so good, bassist & overgrown brat William Murderface & alcoholic, drug-addled drummer Pickles) & fans who actually are willing to risk thier own lives at thier concerts. I must say "METALOCALYPSE" does a great job at making fun of death metal, so I suggested it to someone like you who considers death metal already laughable. :lol:
Essey wrote:I'm not a huge fan of death metal, honestly. xD I can listen to some types of metal like heavy metal, gothic metal, even some types of nu-metal, and I've even liked some power metal... but death metal... eh...

I wouldn't count anything like Slayer though, since they're technically thrash metal. There's some songs I've liked by them, but I haven't listened to them that much to say.

There is that one song by Devildriver I like. Buuut... that's about it. There's an occasional song or two, as long as it's like melodic death metal, but if it's like "COOKIE MONSTER BECAME A SATANIST WITH THE SAME OBNOXIOUS THEME IN EVERY SONG", I can't stand it. It's not like it's too 'hxc' for me, it just bores me. Every song like that sounds the same. Unless they can get creative with it, I won't like it.

And speaking of songs that sound the same... I have to add metalcore. I admit, I like some of it. But not too much of it. For example, I can only listen to one song by As I Lay Dying before getting bored. But that's just me.
Aym_Dand
Posts: 2236
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:31 am

Re: Worst ever genre of music?

Postby Aym_Dand » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:30 am

Reggae

However, I don't even know if reggae is a genre of music. To me it just sounds like one continuous, nauseating song.
________________________________________________________
I probably would have just put the f*cking lotion in the basket.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
cartman04
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:19 pm

Re: Worst ever genre of music?

Postby cartman04 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:14 am

Aym_Dand wrote:Reggae

However, I don't even know if reggae is a genre of music. To me it just sounds like one continuous, nauseating song.


are you new to sps? I to dislike reggae
Aym_Dand
Posts: 2236
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:31 am

Re: Worst ever genre of music?

Postby Aym_Dand » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:09 pm

cartman04 wrote:
Aym_Dand wrote:Reggae

However, I don't even know if reggae is a genre of music. To me it just sounds like one continuous, nauseating song.


are you new to sps? I to dislike reggae


Hi cartman04. Actually I'm very old to sps, but I haven't been here in a while. I came back to see what the new episode was about and found your thread.

As for reggae, I'm glad I'm not alone.
________________________________________________________
I probably would have just put the f*cking lotion in the basket.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
cartman04
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:19 pm

Re: Worst ever genre of music?

Postby cartman04 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:50 am

Aym_Dand wrote:
cartman04 wrote:
Aym_Dand wrote:Reggae

However, I don't even know if reggae is a genre of music. To me it just sounds like one continuous, nauseating song.


are you new to sps? I to dislike reggae


Hi cartman04. Actually I'm very old to sps, but I haven't been here in a while. I came back to see what the new episode was about and found your thread.

As for reggae, I'm glad I'm not alone.


youre welcome
Wii fit man
Posts: 11153
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: Worst ever genre of music?

Postby Wii fit man » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:01 am

I'm gonna get shot for saying this but... rap is the worst, followed closely by religous music.
Update: I also hate anything and everything fall out boy.
Last edited by Wii fit man on Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Schliby
Posts: 769
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:48 pm

Re: Worst ever genre of music?

Postby Schliby » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:06 am

everything mainstream, so...

pop
alternative rock
mainstream rock
techno
but i especially despise GLAM METAL, METALCORE, NU METAL, AND RAP!!!
"Time is a thing we must accept.
The unexpected I sometimes fear.
Just when I feel there's no excuse
for what happens, things fall into place.
I know there is no way to avoid
the pain that we must go through,
to find the other half that is true"
Lazydan
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:00 am

Re: Worst ever genre of music?

Postby Lazydan » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:27 am

I don't like Rap. AT ALL. (Hip-Hop is bearable)
Pop Music is also Terrible.
I don't like Jazz, Grindcore (sh*tty Grindcore which is most), Mainstream (although if it is not overplayed, I might Enjoy it), and Boring/Repetitive Techno. (There is some cool Techno Though)
http://www.bcdan.blogspot.com
MEGADETH + DAVE MUSTAINE FTW
Metallica Blows! \m/ f*ck Yeah METAL! \m/
Marijuana is great, and should be smoked 24/7
RideTheLightning
Posts: 3643
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:48 am

Re: Worst ever genre of music?

Postby RideTheLightning » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:55 am

I keep an open mind because if you just say, "Yea, I'm only into metal and some rock" or "i lik rap ya herd? bitch ho sh*t" then you don't know what you're talking about. You need variety. I guess if you say anything from prog metal to death metal you're good because that's from stuff that's softer than rock to ultra brutal agressive Swedish death metal...but you always need a little of every genre, EVERY single one has some talented band here and there.

I'd have to say the only ones that don't are: Mainstream emo (just f.ags in it for the money) and new rap (SOulja Boy, T Pain, Lil Wayne, anyone who uses autotune)

But every genre has something (except the ones above) has at least SOME talented bands.

Rap-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcYVKrBatj8 This is amazing...as talented as most metal or jazz out there.
Metal-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkpZ645ztl0&feature=channel_page
Hell even mainstream rock has SOME talent-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2rFbJcXZyk, if you're able to perform that well live you have a little bit of talent.
Ska/Punk-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyvB8Sz8gjY
...Spanish?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYkz30RL_GU&feature=channel_page (One of the greatest guitarists ever, better than MAB, Steve Vai, Paul Gilbert)

So yea, keep an open mind. My favorite genre is metal (all kinds) but I respect classical, being Bach, Handel, Beethoven, Mozart, much more than metal.
Lazydan
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:00 am

Re: Worst ever genre of music?

Postby Lazydan » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:13 am

RideTheLightning wrote:I keep an open mind because if you just say, "Yea, I'm only into metal and some rock" or "i lik rap ya herd? bitch ho sh*t" then you don't know what you're talking about. You need variety. I guess if you say anything from prog metal to death metal you're good because that's from stuff that's softer than rock to ultra brutal agressive Swedish death metal...but you always need a little of every genre, EVERY single one has some talented band here and there.

I'd have to say the only ones that don't are: Mainstream emo (just f.ags in it for the money) and new rap (SOulja Boy, T Pain, Lil Wayne, anyone who uses autotune)

But every genre has something (except the ones above) has at least SOME talented bands.

Rap-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcYVKrBatj8 This is amazing...as talented as most metal or jazz out there.
Metal-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkpZ645ztl0&feature=channel_page
Hell even mainstream rock has SOME talent-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2rFbJcXZyk, if you're able to perform that well live you have a little bit of talent.
Ska/Punk-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyvB8Sz8gjY
...Spanish?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYkz30RL_GU&feature=channel_page (One of the greatest guitarists ever, better than MAB, Steve Vai, Paul Gilbert)

So yea, keep an open mind. My favorite genre is metal (all kinds) but I respect classical, being Bach, Handel, Beethoven, Mozart, much more than metal.



I'm pretty sure Immortal Technique is Hip-Hop.
But Yes, you are right.
http://www.bcdan.blogspot.com
MEGADETH + DAVE MUSTAINE FTW
Metallica Blows! \m/ f*ck Yeah METAL! \m/
Marijuana is great, and should be smoked 24/7

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests