Worst ever genre of music?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

RideTheLightning

Re: Worst ever genre of music?

Postby RideTheLightning » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:36 pm

Cartkicker24 wrote:
RideTheLightning wrote:
Cartkicker24 wrote:No best, no worst. All opinion.

no.

yes

If all music was based on opinions then saying "no best, no worst, all opinion" would be your opinion and therefor not actually true.

There's no best genre but there are a couple of genres that full-on suck, Disney music, autotune raggae, autotune rap, christian/atheistic/satanistic, etc.

So there. You're poop.
Cartkicker24

Postby Cartkicker24 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:59 pm

RideTheLightning wrote:
If all music was based on opinions then saying "no best, no worst, all opinion" would be your opinion and therefor not actually true.

There's no best genre but there are a couple of genres that full-on suck, Disney music, autotune raggae, autotune rap, christian/atheistic/satanistic, etc.

So there. You're poop.

Yeah Disney music is complete faggotry, but strangely some (weird) people like it.

So....no best no worst
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:06 pm

Cartkicker24 wrote:
RideTheLightning wrote:

So there. You're poop.

Yeah Disney music is complete faggotry, but strangely some (weird) people like it.

So....no best no worst

People like it but that's not what decides if it's good or not. Whether the music is literally written well or not decides if it's good or not.
Cartkicker24

Postby Cartkicker24 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:07 pm

RideTheLightning wrote:
Cartkicker24 wrote:
RideTheLightning wrote:

So there. You're poop.

So....no best no worst

People like it but that's not what decides if it's good or not. Whether the music is literally written well or not decides if it's good or not.

Think abouts this:
If people didnt like it, it wouldnt exist, right?
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:13 pm

Cartkicker24 wrote:If people didnt like it, it wouldnt exist, right?

Right... but what does that have to do with how it's written? People can like stuff that's written like sh*t because a lot of the time stuff that's written like sh*t sounds really catchy, it's still bad though.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:18 pm

Kanye West.

..but...Kanye's not a genre of - YEAH WHATEVER. Just Kanye West. No arguments.
Jake, M'kay?

Postby Jake, M'kay? » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:43 am

RideTheLightning wrote:

Right... but what does that have to do with how it's written? People can like stuff that's written like sh*t because a lot of the time stuff that's written like sh*t sounds really catchy, it's still bad though.

Yes but people still think its good...

Do you need a PhD in music, the most simple artform ever, to know wether its good or not?
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:59 am

Jake, M'kay? wrote:
RideTheLightning wrote:

Yes but people still think its good...

Do you need a PhD in music, the most simple artform ever, to know wether its good or not?

No you just need to know what makes a song bad. Some people know what makes music bad, some people don't.

OK, so if people think the Jonas Brothers make good music because they think they're hot, does this mean the Jonas Brothers are good and I can't say they make bad music because people like them?

If people like Miley Cyrus because she's hot and her songs are catchy does that mean I can't say her music sucks because people like her music?

Some people don't know what the meaning of the words "good music" is, so they like sh*tty music. That's why I can truthfully say some music sucks.

Or maybe it's just the same deal with T Pain, he uses autotune therefor he can't sing and he sucks. No questions asked. Sure people like him... but then again he literally can't sing and doesn't write his own music... he sucks, I don't care who likes him, I don't care who thinks he's good for whatever reason, don't over think it, he doesn't sing his own music, he sucks, his music is bad. End of story.
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:07 am

I think the problem is too many people over think it. When you hear a song you don't think, "Oh well this song is bad... wait... well I mean some people out there like it. So I guess it's good."

No... if a song is bad it's bad. There's a quote that goes "Musicians know that there is only good music and bad music." There ya go. People can like whatever the f*ck they want and it can be good to some people and it can be good in a sorta kinda weird way, but in reality there's music that's written well and music that isn't written well. End of story.

And by the way, music isn't the most simple artform because some music isn't art. Art is created by an artist or someone who cares about what they make. Kanye West doesn't care what he makes and doesn't put thought into what he does, he doesn't care, that's why he has 50 songs about f*cking women that he didn't even sing or create. So in other words Kanye West isn't an artist.

I mean I'm just saying, I devote my life to music and I know there's good music and bad music, same with my guitar teacher who majored in music in college, same with most good musicians in interviews who say the quote, "Any musician knows there's good music and bad music", and most people who just... kinda know some stuff about music and like a couple of bands usually think it's all subjective.

You can think whatever you want, I don't care, I just get bummed out when people tell me I'm wrong and then start preaching about how they're right but the thing they're preaching is, "no on is right, no one is wrong."
Last edited by RideTheLightning on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jake, M'kay?

Postby Jake, M'kay? » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:17 am

Im not saying you cant have an opinion..
I dont like em either but that doesnt mean my opinion is better than anyone elses.

If someone bangs on some pots it can be music.

EDIT: I dont wanna get into this convorsation again, so... yeah.
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:25 am

And if someone draws a circle it could be called a painting.

My opinion literally is better than someone else who says, "Miley Cyrus is hot and her songs are catchy." because I used to be like that and then I learned and grew and learned what makes something bad music.

Listen dude, you can think whatever you want, I don't care, I just get bummed out when people tell me I'm wrong and then start preaching about how they're right but the thing they're preaching is, "no one is right, no one is wrong." if you really thought that then you wouldn't be arguing with me.

But yeah, back on topic: Christian music and anything that's autotuned is bad.
fuxipuxi

Postby fuxipuxi » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:00 pm

There's nothing worse then reggea and the sh*t in the charts
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:08 pm

Stuff that's really really technical for no reason sucks.
Linlee1000

Postby Linlee1000 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:23 pm

Even though I'm black...I hate rap. Techno is the way to go!
Morgueanna

Postby Morgueanna » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:03 am

In my opinion, I really can't stand:

-Emo (and scremo). Guys whining about their girlfriend dumping them, life being too rough because their daddy bought them an Acura instead of a Ferrari, and all while playing the same mind numbing-unoriginal-dropped D-tuned riffs.

-Hardcore Death Metal with high pitched screaming to where they could be saying "I miss you so much baby. Want to hold you in my arms." and instead you get something unpleasant. It sounds like Madonna's face.

-Anything that comes out of Kanye West's mouth whether it be music or not. I heard about him 3 years ago when some kids in my class made a big hype about him. I thought he was a douche then, and he's definitely a big douche now. THE BIGGEST DOUCHE IN THE UNIVERSE '09. His music kind of-REALLY-sucks a**.

-Male country singers. Most of them are just annoying and don't even have real country accents. A lot of them fake it, and that's just lame.
My parents said they'd ground me if I (insert ridiculous stunt here).

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”