Why would God treat good people badly and bad people goodly?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

allan420

Why would God treat good people badly and bad people goodly?

Postby allan420 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:05 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM9fXZbMlqU

because people are mean

look at me for example I worked for the Post Office and my supervisor was black so what happened to me the white guy well somehow my wages were not paid properly and I didnt get any time off not one day plus my medical didnt get paid as is mandated so just to say the answer really is because people are evil

so sure we have other scenario where a person stumbles into a really bad situation and are goodly

yet I like to trace at least I try to follow what connects to that situation or what by technical is bad and how did it come to occur and despite that sure bad things still happen to good people but I feel a lot of the time that links back to evil people

& also

ROA #285
No good deed ever goes unpunished.
http://www.sjtrek.com/trek/rules/
Quintuplets_Father

Re: Why would God treat good people badly and bad people goodly?

Postby Quintuplets_Father » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:19 pm

i am not the first to say: "Life is like a jungle";

but it's obvious that (since we are talking about God) religion's moral values and guidelines are good to catch when the individual is young.. very young... but after a certain age u start to learn that the world around obbey to other rules.. and u have to develope your "tools" and skills in order to adapt to those "new" conditions...

think about a chess game.. are there any good moral values? no, there are rules that u have to know them and u also have to know how to apply them in order to succeed...

each one of us starts with some initial pack of talents, opportunities around, but also handicaps and others.. the rest (life itself) is only a story about how the others around you gave you a helping hand to make the best out of you.. or otherwise, about how others tried to drag u down, maybe unvoluntarely, and u had to stand up, and about how u managed to get the best out of all that ...

it's all a game, for many an unfair game.. i am not a religious guy, but in my opinion one major think determines the "need" for religion (i am talking about the basic concept, no example can fit here): the fact that, unless we admit that we are all one, we are completely alone in this huge game.
and btw: i broke the dam...
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:19 pm

Probably because you're a loser.

haha j/p

My advice would be to remove God from the equation and concentrate on the things over which you have control. If you are being treated unfairly, make it known to your boss, and if your boss is the problem, make it known to his or her boss. Or just do your job half-assed like the rest of us.

Worrying about God's Intervention Strategy is, in my opinion, a waste of time. If God truly did create this amazing, massive, complex, ever-changing and expanding universe, then how could our little monkey brains possibly understand any of God's intentions or interventions?

It's best not to worry about it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:54 pm

Aym_Dand wrote:Or just do your job half-assed like the rest of us.

From my experience, this is the only solution from which you can get any kind of satisfaction. :lol:

But seriously, my response to the basic question is that there are only three possible answers:

1.) There is no God.
2.) The ways of God are unknowable.
3.) God is evil.

Choose whatever answer satisfies you; but ultimately it doesn't change the nature of existence. Generally, there is some reward for good behavior (even if it's only a clear conscience) and in some way the universe imposes its own negative consequences on people who do bad things. But as Aym_Dand said, don't bother applying morality to the business world - it doesn't exist.
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am

Pip Tweek wrote:2.) The ways of God are unknowable.

Win.

I have never wasted my time trying to figure out why God does what he does, because there is no way my feeble human brain will ever to be able to comprehend. I mean, why is it that good or bad thing happen...who knows.

God gave us our own fee will so I don't think it's fair to blame God for everything bad...or give him credit for everything good. I mean, why is it if a person does something bad, they blame the person...but if a person does something good, they praise God. Is it possible that a creature created by God can do something good of it's own free will?

I tend to be one who agrees with Matt and Trey on God. I believe in creationism but I also believe in evolution as the answer to "how" instead of "why". Just because God saw the earth and saw it was "good" doesn't mean it was "finished".
pdfsmail

Postby pdfsmail » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:49 am

This is dangerous territory... anything religion is.....

but most religions see God as GOD - define god - an omnipotent being or source, all knowing....

That would mean God knows all, who the heck are we to ask why, maybe we should say what did we do wrong?

If your child throws your $450 vase on the floor thinking its a toy, breaks it and you spank him/her which of the above is a likely question from their mouth.... just why, no.

I personally do believe there is some God there, and i don't like to rub it in like other people. I just feel that people want to blame God for all the troubles but either don't "want to think" that they are causing the problems or want to not believe any other time - you know the turn your back on someone method.

I guess the gist of what i am saying is GOD is bigger and smarter than us, whatever is done must be for a reason, why question it. The next time you have to give your dog a bath or take it to the vet and it bites you, just don't beat the heck out of it for that!
me=a hybrid of Tweek,Butters,Cartman,&Kyle!

GIVING INTO AN EXTREMIST SHOWS WEAKNESS, AND OPENS A DOOR TO FAILURE THIS WILL NOT APPEASE THEIR THREATS.
Quintuplets_Father

Postby Quintuplets_Father » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:41 am

Pip Tweek wrote:(...)
But seriously, my response to the basic question is that there are only three possible answers:

1.) There is no God.
3.) God is evil.
(...)

good point, but i would put them in other order:
1.) God is evil.
3.) There is no God. (atleast not the way the relgions of the last few thousand years imagine it)

we tend to simplify things in order to make them more understandable and, when some one doesn't agree with what we believe, we get pissed off.. but there is something that u can ask questions, explore etc. without bothering the others.. your own self, your spiritality; many ask themselves what is conscience, what is the spirit, the soul, but not many enough.. even fewer from these ask what all these should be....

... and this is the point where i stop to be an agnostic, cose i can say that God is nothing, or wrongly defined, or that his ways are not to be undersood, but the spirit is here, very handy, u can't deny it.. is just "here" and u can "see" it. All unbelievers ask for proofs, want to "see" "stuff". What is closer to you than your soul? who can't "see" it? If u deny your spirit u automatically fail to make it into something better (because u dont think/believe it is there) YOU will cease to exist.. u will still be a part of the game, sure, the physical death comes later in "life", but u won't belong to yourself anymore.

So, you are the spirit! ignore this aspect of your life and look around at the aspect of the game in which we are all involved, we all do same mistake.. and look at the outcome.. .

am i wrong? do i need someone to approve?!
and btw: i broke the dam...
bumpa

Postby bumpa » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:27 pm

everyone is evil to an extent.. sooner or later good people live a little, or evil people get some concept of conscience.. as far as god, well god is timeless so maybe think about it like deeds balance over eternity..
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:23 pm

I'm an Agnostic Atheist, so.........

I don't believe.....
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
bumpa

Postby bumpa » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:55 am

i dont believe in god either
bumpa

Postby bumpa » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:58 am

but i have seen some crazy mother f*cking sh*t that can only be explained as god
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:30 am

bumpa wrote:but i have seen some crazy mother f*cking sh*t that can only be explained as god

......... Ironic?
bumpa

Postby bumpa » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:15 am

those ni99er5 be loggin' u out every second.. irony is f*cking a chick that doesnt like you and hangin out with a chic you don't like..
Last edited by bumpa on Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:27 am

I am pagan, I believe in more than one God. I don't really believe EVERYTHING that happens good or bad is because of the will of a god or goddess. I believe that people do have free will, and good or bad things happen as a result of how people choose to exercise their free will. I do believe in Karma, even though, yes bad things happen to "good people" and good things happen to "bad" people. Someone can do bad things or be an assh*le and maybe have good luck in some areas of life, but eventually things happen and in the long run they end up paying for their actions. Or someone can do good things and be nice but have a lot of bad things happen to them, but because they were nice maybe they will have a lot of people willing to help them out with their problems.

I also don't really believe people are just "good" or "bad". That is completely over simplified thinking. People can do good or bad things, and be nice or be total assh*les but no one is just good or bad. And also, when you complain about good things happening to bad people how bad are the people you speak of? Are you talking about people who have killed other people or done serious harm to other people, or just people you personally do not like? Sometimes not liking someone can f*ck up your perception of things. Seeing someone you seriously can't stand have good fortune can f*ck with you. Like that episode Cartmanland where Kyle starts believing there is no God because Cartman inherited a million dollars, because Cartman is an evil little f*cker and some very bad things did happen to Kyle. Cartman did get a million dollars, but his mom was still a whore..And what eventually happened by the end of the episode?

There is no easy answer to your question. Whether good things happen to bad people or bad things happen to good people more than the opposite is all in how one percieves things. The truth is everyone has bad sh*t happen in their lives to some degree, and everyone has things in their lives that are blessings. It is all in how you precieve things, if you choose to focus on the good or bad in your life.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:59 am

While I cannot say with certainty, no one can, God does not exist. All logic says this. If you come at me with where did everything come from, what caused the "Big Bang", I will ask you "Where did God come from?" And if you come at me with the STUPID idea that God is eternal and isn't bound by space and time, then I say "Well why can't the Universe, or for that matter, that matter that makes up the Universe be eternal?" Then you'll say "Well everything needs a creator, a building, and painting, everything has a creator..." Then I say "Hey, I again must ask, who or what is Gods creator?" Then you say "I told you, God is eternal." And I'll say "Well I already asked you, why can't the Universe be eternal?"

It is a never ending paradox of unanswerable questions going around the world of religion and science in a never ending cluster-fuck. I will not be scared into believing with the prospects of hell, or the promise of heaven. f*ck it all, f*ck it ALL...

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”