why cant my parents get off my back?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

cartman04

why cant my parents get off my back?

Postby cartman04 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:33 am

i come home from school, everythings normal and when we sit down to eat my mom grabs my hand and found I drew on myself again. she says she blind without her contacts yet she can see a small speck of ink on the back of my hand. then it goes into an all out war on my opinions and other stuff and I cant take it anymore. Im tired of being treated like this whenever something happens. my parents even blamed my friend when i started cutting, when my style of music changed etc. they always find a way to point things away from me and they dont sit down and think about other possibilities. now becuase of this I have no friends outside of school becuase theyre to afraid to come in my house.
How come parents are like dictators (my parents anyway) ?
any suggestions will be appreciated.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: why cant my parents get off my back?

Postby Big-Will » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:29 am

Because you still live at home, and since it's their home, it's their rules? If you don't like it, get the f*ck out.

And why are you drawing on yourself? Get a damn tattoo!
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:22 am

Haven't you heard the new campaign for drawing on yourself Will? "The Arm: It's nature's Post-It."
Indica

Postby Indica » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:03 am

damn your parents sound just like South Park parents!!! Like Kyle's mom... anyway the reason they are like that and why they are acting that way are two very diff questions... Think about why they are home schooling you in the first place and that might give you some insight into why they are acting that way.... I would bet 10 grand that your parents are "religious". I would also wager that they think you are "possessed" and that the music you listen to opens you up for possession... if I'm wrong I apologize, but I don't think I am... am I ???
Yeah, I use drugs. I can do what I waunt, biatch! Yeah, I have sex, and I don't use protection! It's my hot body; I'll do what I waunt! I don't go to school and I kill people! What-evah! I'll do what I waunt!
cartman04

Postby cartman04 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:24 pm

Big-Will wrote:Because you still live at home, and since it's their home, it's their rules? If you don't like it, get the f*ck out.

i dont know why i draw on myself except for the fact it feels good. i cant get a tattoo becuase im not 18.
if i had the opurtunity i would get out and go stay at my friends house.
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:35 pm

Yea I can totally relate.

When I was growing up I lived with my dad and step mom. My stepmom blew everything I did out of proportion. She made my life a living hell, then when I went to live with my mother, my step mother had her own kid and was like "Wow I was a bitch to you. I didn't really understand the right way to look at or raise kids until I had my own. Sorry, k?" and I was like :? .

As much as a lot of kids don't want to hear this, the best thing to do about difficult parents is to do well in school. Most kids just blow that off, but if you get good grades, get into a good college...which means into a dorm and out of their house...get a good education..which means a good job... and never have to go back again.

Then when they are old and need money, treat them the way they treated you when the roles were reversed. :twisted:
Quintuplets_Father

Postby Quintuplets_Father » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:40 pm

Dear cartman04,

sure it's frustrating to obbey some rules that seem some sort of unnecessary... but remember that all parents want all the best for their children, despite that they are not too good at showing it right or often enough. Also it's absolutely normal that not all parents can be same as good regarding psychological skills when it comes to their relationships with their children.

Some one before me said: "(...) the best thing to do about difficult parents is to do well in school.", i say u're doing that for yourslelf first of all. What u can do for your parents is trying to be even more understanding than they are.. u are growing, they will hardly change from now on. "Sacrify" some of your ego in order to keep the peace, there are other things that worth rising against...

And it's obvious that sooner or later the time will come and u will get to be on your own, don't worry about that, that's the only way it goes.. you will get to make your own decissions, face the challenges of your life; then u will see with other eyes where your parents did wrong and why, where they did well and how, and you will be able to be better than they were on your turn.

..and remember that the parents are the only true unconditioned friends u will ever have (and they are not forever).

(sure exceptions might apply, i hope it's not your case)
PS: if u are good at drawing and u think u could do something great out of it, try to show it to them and ask for their support, see what their reaction will be. i gave up drawing (and i was pretty damn good at it) 10 years ago because "i was doing well in school", i was doing great on maths, physics.. now i am an engineer.. but somewhere deep inside i feel sorry for my choice...
and btw: i broke the dam...
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:13 pm

cartman04 wrote:
Big-Will wrote:Because you still live at home, and since it's their home, it's their rules? If you don't like it, get the f*ck out.

i dont know why i draw on myself except for the fact it feels good. i cant get a tattoo becuase im not 18.

The drawing on yourself isn't a big deal. I used to do that when I was younger..The cutting is. You need to stop that. It is not a good way to deal with problems. You not only can hurt yourself, but when people find out you are doing it, they make all kinds of bad assumptions. I know someone who was cutting themselves to deal with problems and his roommate called the cops on him and that made things worse for him. That is sh*t you don't want to do.If you are having problems, get yourself a blog and rant about everything that pisses you off on there. Or better yet rant about it on here, because it seems to annoy Will when people make threads about their problems in offtopic.

And just so you know everyone goes through that kind of thing with their parents. Parents seem to forget what it is like to be your age once they have kids..They get way over protective and they don't get that what they are doing sometimes pisses their kids off to the point where they want to do all the things they warned them about. But this won't last forever.You will move out and things will get better between you and your parents.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:38 pm

That blog thing is a good idea. Go with that. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:45 pm

Get off the Internet and do your homework! Do you hear me? And stop listening to that devil-worshiping music! And you are NOT leaving the house dressed like that! Go upstairs and change into some decent clothing or you're not going out at all! Look at me when I'm talking to you! I want you in the house by nine! One minute later and you're grounded til you're 23!

Sincerely,
Your Parents.
cartman04

Postby cartman04 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:44 pm

Pip Tweek wrote:Get off the Internet and do your homework! Do you hear me? And stop listening to that devil-worshiping music! And you are NOT leaving the house dressed like that! Go upstairs and change into some decent clothing or you're not going out at all! Look at me when I'm talking to you! I want you in the house by nine! One minute later and you're grounded til you're 23!

Sincerely,
Your Parents.

wow dude, was that necessary?
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:48 pm

I think he was being sarcastic.

You know parents are the same
No matter time nor place
They don't understand that us kids
Are going to make some mistakes
So to you other kids all across the land
There's no need to argue
Parents just don't understand

I remember one year
My mom took me school shopping
It was me, my brother, my mom, oh, my pop, and my little sister
All hopped in the car
We headed downtown to the Gallery Mall
My mom started bugging with the clothes she chose
I didn't say nothing at first
I just turned up my nose
She said, "What's wrong? This shirt cost $20"
I said, "Mom, this shirt is plaid with a butterfly collar!"
The next half hour was the same old thing
My mother buying me clothes from 1963
And then she lost her mind and did the ultimate
I asked her for Adidas and she bought me Zips!
I said, "Mom, what are you doing, you're ruining my rep"
She said, "You're only sixteen, you don't have a rep yet"
I said, "Mom, let's put these clothes back, please"
She said "no, you go to school to learn not for a fashion show"
I said, "This isn't Sha Na Na, come on Mom, I'm not Bowzer
Mom, please put back the bell-bottom Brady Bunch trousers
But if you don't want to I can live with that but
You gotta put back the double-knit reversible slacks"
She wasn't moved - everything stayed the same
Inevitably the first day of school came
I thought I could get over, I tried to play sick
But my mom said, "No, no way, uh-uh, forget it"
There was nothing I could do, I tried to relax
I got dressed up in those ancient artifacts
And when I walked into school, it was just as I thought
The kids were cracking up laughing at the clothes Mom bought
And those who weren't laughing still had a ball
Because they were pointing and whispering
As I walked down the hall
I got home and told my Mom how my day went
She said, "If they were laughing you don't need them,
"Cause they're not good friends"
For the next six hours I tried to explain to my Mom
That I was gonna have to go through this about 200 more times
So to you other kids all across the land
There's no need to argue
Parents just don't understand!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:04 am

cartman04 wrote:wow dude, was that necessary?

I didn't mean to offend you. Like Aym_Dand said, I was being sarcastic about the situation, not trying to be rude to you.

I don't know what to say about the situation other than try not to react strongly when you feel your parents are out of line.
inlovewith_oi

Postby inlovewith_oi » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:10 am

cartman04 wrote:

You can get a tattoo, DIY. Haha, but no really, I had a lot of trouble with my parents growing up, once I hit like 14-15 years old, I ran away, I didn't come back for like a year and a half and when I did they were just so happy to have me back that they didn't really care what I did.
I dunno, some parents are just f*ckin weird...just hang in there til you turn 18...or run away..either one.
Essey

Postby Essey » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:24 am

My mom yells at me for writing on my stuff all the time. XD Usually, I don't care and do it anyway. *shot*

Eh... I used to having cutting issues too, and my parents blamed it on the music I listened to. *shrug* And then everyone thought it was a 'cry for attention', when that was the last thing I wanted. I just happened to have anger issues. But I'd rather not whine about my personal life... for fear of coming off as an 'emo/attention whore'. I digress.

It's normal for parents to act like that, don't worry about it. It took everyone a while to ease up on me and my decisions, but just wait it out.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”