why cant my parents get off my back?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: why cant my parents get off my back?

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:07 am

superiorsavior wrote:
shane wrote:None of which involve complaining about your parents and their rules

I have to utterly disagree here. If you're in a horrible situation, and can't do anything about it to change it, why the hell can't you bitch about it online, where your parents won't find out? You can tollerate something but that doesn't mean you need to convince yourself that it's just.


Bitching to us doesn't do anything. Their rules won't change. Their thoughts won't change. Wanna vent? Go on ahead. But if you actually read the post, there was an RL argument. That doesn't seem to have helped the cause in the slightest, and in the future it shouldn't happen again.

And who said convince yourself it's just? I said man up and deal with it. Don't put words in people's mouths again.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
cartman04
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:19 pm

Re: why cant my parents get off my back?

Postby cartman04 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:27 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:Bitching to us doesn't do anything. Their rules won't change. Their thoughts won't change. Wanna vent? Go on ahead. But if you actually read the post, there was an RL argument. That doesn't seem to have helped the cause in the slightest, and in the future it shouldn't happen again.

And who said convince yourself it's just? I said man up and deal with it. Don't put words in people's mouths again.

Dude, show some sympathy, Im only 14.
Stop talking down to me, :evil: im not an employee thats done wrong.
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: why cant my parents get off my back?

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:25 pm

cartman04 wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:Bitching to us doesn't do anything. Their rules won't change. Their thoughts won't change. Wanna vent? Go on ahead. But if you actually read the post, there was an RL argument. That doesn't seem to have helped the cause in the slightest, and in the future it shouldn't happen again.

And who said convince yourself it's just? I said man up and deal with it. Don't put words in people's mouths again.

Dude, show some sympathy, Im only 14.
Stop talking down to me, :evil: im not an employee thats done wrong.

Bolded, italicized, and underlined the important part.
You're right. You're only 14. You get three meals a day, the internet, cable, and a place to stay. You aren't abused. You have an education.
You have everything you need at this age provided by your parents, yet you complain about minor things while seeming to forget the gifts that have been laid at your table. You don't deserve or need an ounce of sympathy because the reason you started this topic is not worthy of it.

You want to vent and say, "Damnit, I wish I could do X but my parents won't let me."? That's actually fine.

This:
"then it goes into an all out war on my opinions and other stuff and I cant take it anymore. Im tired of being treated like this whenever something happens."
Is not fine because it goes from being, "It sucks that I can't say/do X." to being, "The fact that I have a right to education, food, a place to stay, and avenues of entertainment is currently overshadowed because I drew on myself again despite(from what I can gather) my parents telling me not to. My life sucks because of this.(From another thread) I hope the world does end, despite the fact that I am 14 and have yet to experience even the tiniest percent of what life has to offer."
In other words, you don't get sympathy because you are making a mountain out of an ounce of dirt. You knew you could get in trouble and did it ayways, and then whined to us about it. We can't do anything. We can't talk to your parents. Only thing we can do is say, "That sure sucks." because it does. But it doesn't make them wrong or you right. If this was the first time you did it(I infer from the post that this has happened before.) then you may get a smidgen more support from me. But this isn't, so it goes from being a simple misunderstanding to a known rule breaking, and therefore no sympathy.
"my parents even blamed my friend when i started cutting"
- Well maybe. Why ARE you cutting? Did you just do it one day for no reason at all?

"now becuase of this I have no friends outside of school becuase theyre to afraid to come in my house."
- Based only on what you've said here, yeah, I can see that your parents are tightasses.
But guess what? The fact that your friends don't want to come over because they wouldn't be allowed to be exactly like how they want to be is less of a damning condemnation of your parents and more of a wag of a finger to your friends. If y'all got along so well, then theyd' be willing to make sacrifices or you'd go over to their houses.

You said you wanted suggestions. I've given you my suggestions and, frankly, they are the only suggestions you'll find that will work more often than not. Deal with it, mature mentally, and move forward in life.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
superiorsavior
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: why cant my parents get off my back?

Postby superiorsavior » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:55 pm

there was an RL argument

Forgive me shane-o for I have sinned, I didn't read all this guy's posts before I replied :o I did see about the RL argument, but it seemd like you were asking him not to complain, at all, or he wouldn't be "manly" anymore. For a person to convince themself not to complain about stupid rules, when they get the chance to do so online, would involve making themself believe it's just what's happeni ng to them; I understand why he'd vent to his parents even though it's not going to make things any better, he is just a stupid kid though. Not that being 14 automatically makes you dumb (i know some 13 year olds who outsmart me on a regular basis and some 21 year olds who I relgate to the dustbin of idiocy) but I think the hormones make it difficult not to get angsty :p

I was thinking about the possibility that he might have been abused in some way unsaid that outweighed all the benefits of living at home but then I realised, some kid who's willing to complain about being told off for doodling on themselves isn't the kind who's actually abused :p

I never saw the "i hope teh world ends because my parents won't let me draw on myself" post, that doesn't deserve much sympathy at all. Parents should be taught not to have stupid rules like that, before they have kids. It's the parents fault either way that this kid is a spoilt brat who complains about them :p

I agree about the friends part though, from both of you; i wouldn't hang round with anyone willing to drop me just because my parents were lame shiela broflovski clones, but my mum wouldn't let anyone come round my house and that helped me develop into the asocial freak I am today so... meh.

Deal with it isn't really good advice though; I think what this kid needs is advice on HOW to deal with it. Some people naturally have the ability to get along with the bad, othets can't; unfortunatly I don't have many tips on how to get along with it myself. Anyone got any tips?
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: why cant my parents get off my back?

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:11 pm

To deal with it, all you need to do is not break the rules, as stupid as they may be. That is all. You don't have to like it and you can vent about it, but don't act like it is a super ass big deal.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
cartman04
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:19 pm

Re: why cant my parents get off my back?

Postby cartman04 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:47 pm

superiorsavior wrote:
there was an RL argument

Forgive me shane-o for I have sinned, I didn't read all this guy's posts before I replied :o I did see about the RL argument, but it seemd like you were asking him not to complain, at all, or he wouldn't be "manly" anymore. For a person to convince themself not to complain about stupid rules, when they get the chance to do so online, would involve making themself believe it's just what's happeni ng to them; I understand why he'd vent to his parents even though it's not going to make things any better, he is just a stupid kid though. Not that being 14 automatically makes you dumb (i know some 13 year olds who outsmart me on a regular basis and some 21 year olds who I relgate to the dustbin of idiocy) but I think the hormones make it difficult not to get angsty :p

I was thinking about the possibility that he might have been abused in some way unsaid that outweighed all the benefits of living at home but then I realised, some kid who's willing to complain about being told off for doodling on themselves isn't the kind who's actually abused :p

I never saw the "i hope teh world ends because my parents won't let me draw on myself" post, that doesn't deserve much sympathy at all. Parents should be taught not to have stupid rules like that, before they have kids. It's the parents fault either way that this kid is a spoilt brat who complains about them :p

I agree about the friends part though, from both of you; i wouldn't hang round with anyone willing to drop me just because my parents were lame shiela broflovski clones, but my mum wouldn't let anyone come round my house and that helped me develop into the asocial freak I am today so... meh.

Deal with it isn't really good advice though; I think what this kid needs is advice on HOW to deal with it. Some people naturally have the ability to get along with the bad, othets can't; unfortunatly I don't have many tips on how to get along with it myself. Anyone got any tips?


:shock: :cry: I'm not stupid, but i'm not smarty either.
as a matter of fact, in the 7th grade, i would get teased, humiliated, embarressed, whatever. :cry:
i wasnt physically abused i was emotionally and mentally abused. no one showed me sympathy for my anquish and sorrows, ever. thats all i have to say to you superiorsavior.
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18836
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: why cant my parents get off my back?

Postby Big-Will » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:13 am

cartman04 wrote:Dude, show some sympathy, Im only 14.

The Internet is still a wild place, and not very sympathetic. If you're gonna last in it, you've gotta develop a tough skin. Once you do, it might help you in real life. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Just_Jackie
Posts: 1409
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 1:38 am

Re: why cant my parents get off my back?

Postby Just_Jackie » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:45 am

You know, Shane, it's very easy to tell him to "man up" but, and this may come as a shock to you, parents (and adults in general) are not always right. He may be just a "stupid kid" but he's also a human and if his parents are acting like assh*les then he is totally justified in being upset.

There were plenty of people who gave me the same advice you did. I should just suck it up and be "grateful" for what I had at home. However, what I had at home was a father who was "spanking" me with a board, swinging it like it was a ball bat, leaving deep purple bruises on my backside, lower back and upper thighs...and then proceeded to make my life a living hell after he got arrested for it. Call me crazy, but I don't think "suck it up" is always quite best advice to give a kid.

I agree that he should be grateful for what his parents provide for him, assuming they are providing a stable home, but they are also obligated as his parents to do so...so I don't think there is a need to throw a parade for them just yet. If they are not helping in shaping him mentally and emotionally they are neglecting him just as much as if they were not monetarily providing for him. And, it seems he is getting the "We are parents so we are right even when we are wrong." line. Way to alienate someone.

Apparently you have become so old you've forgotten what it's like to be his age. Family issues have been happening for as long as their have been families. The whole idea of "Just shut up and take it." has obviously not been working for the last few thousand years, and I doubt it will work here, either. Adults will always think they are right just because they say so...and their children, being humans with emotions and all, are going to continue to grow frustrated with it...and they are going to find some kind of outlet for their emotions. I think it's important to remember he is 14. He is still developing emotionally and mentally. "Suck it up" is coming from you, as an adult, who has mentally reached a point he has not yet reached. Now is a time when his parents should be helping him deal with his emotions. Instead, his parents won't listen to him, so now he's been cutting himself. I don't like it and wouldn't do it myself. But, I understand the position he's in, having been in a similar situation. And if he has that means of emotional outlet taken away from him, it may lead to something worse.
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: why cant my parents get off my back?

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:33 am

Just_Jackie wrote:You know, Shane, it's very easy to tell him to "man up" but, and this may come as a shock to you, parents (and adults in general) are not always right. He may be just a "stupid kid" but he's also a human and if his parents are acting like assh*les then he is totally justified in being upset.

There were plenty of people who gave me the same advice you did. I should just suck it up and be "grateful" for what I had at home. However, what I had at home was a father who was "spanking" me with a board, swinging it like it was a ball bat, leaving deep purple bruises on my backside, lower back and upper thighs...and then proceeded to make my life a living hell after he got arrested for it. Call me crazy, but I don't think "suck it up" is always quite best advice to give a kid.

I agree that he should be grateful for what his parents provide for him, assuming they are providing a stable home, but they are also obligated as his parents to do so...so I don't think there is a need to throw a parade for them just yet. If they are not helping in shaping him mentally and emotionally they are neglecting him just as much as if they were not monetarily providing for him. And, it seems he is getting the "We are parents so we are right even when we are wrong." line. Way to alienate someone.

Apparently you have become so old you've forgotten what it's like to be his age. Family issues have been happening for as long as their have been families. The whole idea of "Just shut up and take it." has obviously not been working for the last few thousand years, and I doubt it will work here, either. Adults will always think they are right just because they say so...and their children, being humans with emotions and all, are going to continue to grow frustrated with it...and they are going to find some kind of outlet for their emotions. I think it's important to remember he is 14. He is still developing emotionally and mentally. "Suck it up" is coming from you, as an adult, who has mentally reached a point he has not yet reached. Now is a time when his parents should be helping him deal with his emotions. Instead, his parents won't listen to him, so now he's been cutting himself. I don't like it and wouldn't do it myself. But, I understand the position he's in, having been in a similar situation. And if he has that means of emotional outlet taken away from him, it may lead to something worse.

1-
"You know, Shane, it's very easy to tell him to "man up" but, and this may come as a shock to you, parents (and adults in general) are not always right. He may be just a "stupid kid" but he's also a human and if his parents are acting like assh*les then he is totally justified in being upset.

There were plenty of people who gave me the same advice you did. I should just suck it up and be "grateful" for what I had at home. However, what I had at home was a father who was "spanking" me with a board, swinging it like it was a ball bat, leaving deep purple bruises on my backside, lower back and upper thighs...and then proceeded to make my life a living hell after he got arrested for it. Call me crazy, but I don't think "suck it up" is always quite best advice to give a kid
. "

Sadly for your point(but good for her), she isn't being physically abused so this point rings entirely hollow.

2- Guess what: From what I can tell, her opinion of mentally and emotionally abused equates to worrying about cutting, her music, and house rules against drawing on one's self. She thinks, from what I can tell, that parents are supposed to never have rules that would impede the wishes of their children and they should agree all the time. Guess what? That has never been the case and will never be the case, thank GOD. This generation(I am part of it as well) is so spoiled and ill-disciplined that it is shocking. As soon as they hit the first real roadblock in life that doesn't bend to their will, they implode. I've seen it happen before to people close to me, to people that weren't that close, and people that I hated. It happens all too often and one of the main things they all had in common was either physical abuse(Which isn't here) or their families lacked any discipline.

3- I'm 19, so yeah, I'm so old. I'm speaking from experience doing exactly what too many dumbass teenagers do: I rebelled. Guess what? If you don't rebel in a good, healthy way(AKA: Don't rebel over stupid sh*t like drawing on yourself and DON'T CUT) then it leads to many issues that will affect you later in life. I know, the idea that what happens to you as a teen can actually shape you as an adult will blow your mind.
Oh, and SHE is a SHE who is FEMALE.

4- My father used a belt. He was too hard. My mother used nothing. She was too easy. And that is the best parts about my childhood- so, please, stop using your debased mind to conjure up images of a happy home situation when I haven't seen my father since I was 14 and am estranged from every family member I know of, and even if drugged there are some things only one other person in the history of this forum knows about that I would ever tell. I speak from experience on what you do as a teen around that age can have a great impact on you when you get older. Making a mountain of a molehill just makes the mountains worthless: treat a molehill like a molehill so when a mountain pops up

5- She wants to vent? Like I said many times in this thread(but you ignore) she can vent. Venting is good. However, bitching and complaining about small issues(ZOMG MY PARENTS WON'T LET ME DRAW ON MY HAND AND I KNEW THIS BUT I DID IT ANYWAY AND WE FOUGHT AND THEY'RE SO MEAN BECAUSE THEY DON'T IGNORE SIGNS LIKE ME CUTTING MYSELF I GROW SICK OF MODERN SOCIETY I WISH THE WORLD DOES END IN 2012) trivializes people who have real f*cking issues. When she does have a REAL reason to complain, and all kids do at some point, if she has made it a habit of bitching about every little thing then there is a zero percent chance of anything good coming out of it. If, however, she vents at the right times and complains at the right time, then when she actually has a real problem(Which this isn't is) she will find much more support and more help to her liking.

6- She wants to vent? Let her. She wants to start a topic asking why parents come up with stupid rules? Let her. But, she wants to start a topic complaining that she got into an argument because she broke a rule she already knew about and she decides to blow out of focus? That doesn't jive like the rest.

7- In closing, try to make sure your brain is on when you post. If she said she was being physically abused or she gave something that actually spoke to true emotional or mental abuse, then my tone would be different. You, and people like you, are why teens don't grow the f*ck up until they hit that first roadblock. They are coddled and given sympathy when they don't need and are given the same treatment when they do need it.
All you saw was a good topic to have a good broadside against parents in general because your father was an assh*le who deserved a bayonet in the temple. Guess what? I hate many members of my family to the point that a volcano erupting underneath a bus carrying the whole lot of them would make me want to cook some popcorn and break out Steppenwolf.
But I don't, unlike you, use it to paint a bleak picture of all parents while giving teenagers complete sympathy regardless of the problem.
And to be frank, I'm getting rrreeeaaalllyyy sick of this "Emotions over logic!!!" that I see from 98% of all teens. Both are equally important and I try to employ logic as often as I can when it comes to a correct emotional response. It is why I don't get angry about my past ot get pissed over small things. They don't make sense to get angry over. Big things? I can be like a truck carrying nitroglycerin down a really bumpy road. But they're big things- they are right to get pissed over.

Let me use my roomate as an example:
He was on YouTube and found this Spanish uder who though 9/11 was funny. He flipped out and started yelling. I said, "That guy is an ass." and moved on. Why? I can't do anything about it and, in the grand scheme of things, the opinions of a schmuck don't mean sh*t to me.
But when the power was shut off for two days because they confused the bills with another apartment, I flipped out because I had walked four miles to make sure it was paid on time AND I lost contact with about 95% of my friends and what family I talk to. One of them thought I died. My alarm clock didn't work and none of have cell phones/watches, so I had to walk down to the lobby every few hours to see what time it was because my roomy had to be up at a specific time. Some of the food went bad. The fridge started leaking, and the ferret went missing all together for that time period.
That was something that was perfectly right to get upset about because there wasn't anything we had done to deserve it(Unlike the OP, who broke a rule she knew about already), actually affected how our lives functioned(IE: We had to alter how we eat and what we did with so much free time, no money, and an old car. This is unlike the OP, who says blanket, "emotional and mental abuse" which would be serious if the topic was about her not being able to draw on her hand), had what little non-ramen food we had go to waste, and had a service that was failing in it's stated goal.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
allan420
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:42 am

Re: why cant my parents get off my back?

Postby allan420 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:29 am

cartman04 wrote:i come home from school, everythings normal and when we sit down to eat my mom grabs my hand and found I drew on myself again. she says she blind without her contacts yet she can see a small speck of ink on the back of my hand. then it goes into an all out war on my opinions and other stuff and I cant take it anymore. Im tired of being treated like this whenever something happens. my parents even blamed my friend when i started cutting, when my style of music changed etc. they always find a way to point things away from me and they dont sit down and think about other possibilities. now becuase of this I have no friends outside of school becuase theyre to afraid to come in my house.
How come parents are like dictators (my parents anyway) ?
any suggestions will be appreciated.


its like a big game of hot potato ...
and the potato is really stress
Just_Jackie
Posts: 1409
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 1:38 am

Re: why cant my parents get off my back?

Postby Just_Jackie » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:50 am

I'm glad you posted your age because now I have to reconsider how much weight I will give your opinion on this particular issue... considering you are just a child yourself. I know you pay your own bills and that's extremely commendable at your age, but maturity is more than just paying bills. You are still very young and have a lot to experience yourself.

But...what the hell...

You can use your own "logic" to judge people in her situation all you want but I have it from therapists...in other words...people with a post grad degree and experience on dealing with these kinds of family issues... that my point is valid. Just deal with it because they are your parents doesn't solve anything. Families need to work out their issues. The old saying that kids don't come with instructions is true. Parents will make mistakes and these mistakes need to be dealt with.

My sister has two children about the same age as the OP and when they started having behavioral problems, she put the family in counseling. The counselor told her "Usually, in these situations the kids are brought in as the problem, but I end up treating the parents." The problem is not just the parents, nor did I say at any point that they are all bad. However, many parents rely on the whole idea of "I'm right because I'm the adult so sit the f*ck down and shut the f*ck up." as it relates to their kids...and in the long run it's a lack of basic consideration and it only breeds contempt in a person who is still developing as a person. I know because that's the way I was treated. Now that I'm almost 30, I get calls from my dad wanting to know why he hasn't heard from me in so long.

Parents are not evil..nor did I ever use a broad brush to say all parents are bad. But, if things have got to the point where she was cutting, there is more going on than just her being upset because she can't draw on herself. She most likely didn't get a slight slap on the wrist for that then turn instantly emo over it. There are deeper things going on and all the blame doesn't lie with her. I mean, she was cutting herself and if memory serves her parents response was to criticize one of her friends! Hello? That's the best straw man I've ever seen. The problem is within the family...not with her friends..give me a break. (Now again, I may be remembering it wrong...and if I am I apologize. I've got to be up in a few hours so I don't feel like going back to look at it right now.) If your kid is cutting themselves and your only decided course of action is to judge their friends... instead of getting to the root of the issue ...then you fail *miserably* as a parent.

You've stated you had serious family issues that have you living on your own at 19. And I can sympathize with family issues as you now know my history. And at your age living on your own is probably extremely tough (and you should be commended for the way you've handled it..as I've seen the same situation end much worse) so you have romanticized the idea of having someone pay for everything for you as easy and say, "Well my life sucked so you can deal with whatever you have since it's not as bad." But it doesn't work that way. We don't all live our lives by the Shane-O-Meter.

At my age I have a lot of friends who are parents and I hear it all the time. "Because I'm the adult that's why!" ...and I just want to strangle them. I'm concerned that train of thought may be the case for the OP. Her parents can discuss it with her, help her deal with her own mistakes as well as deal with the mistakes that they have also made resulting in the situation at hand. Then, they can pull together as a family to work it out. Or they can continue on their "you're just wrong" ideology and continue to alienate her.

Maybe they should ring up my dad and ask how well that worked out.
cartman04
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:19 pm

Re: why cant my parents get off my back?

Postby cartman04 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:06 pm

allan420 wrote:
cartman04 wrote:i come home from school, everythings normal and when we sit down to eat my mom grabs my hand and found I drew on myself again. she says she blind without her contacts yet she can see a small speck of ink on the back of my hand. then it goes into an all out war on my opinions and other stuff and I cant take it anymore. Im tired of being treated like this whenever something happens. my parents even blamed my friend when i started cutting, when my style of music changed etc. they always find a way to point things away from me and they dont sit down and think about other possibilities. now becuase of this I have no friends outside of school becuase theyre to afraid to come in my house.
How come parents are like dictators (my parents anyway) ?
any suggestions will be appreciated.


its like a big game of hot potato ...
and the potato is really stress

reasonably said :?
pdfsmail
Posts: 2038
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 3:08 pm

Re: why cant my parents get off my back?

Postby pdfsmail » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:13 pm

I would just deal with it...

Everyone older than you has had to be your age at one time, and had someone always on their back...

You are in that "teen" part of your life... which isn't bad, just come to terms that there are reasons for stuff and you aren't impervious to being scolded, because you will get it you whole life... from your teachers, from your boss at work, from the government... etc...

It's just a part of life, there is always someone / thing there to give you a hard time... and if you try to make it go away it usually causes more trouble.


Eventually you will be like me:
:tweek: :tweek: :tweek: :tweek: :tweek: :tweek: :tweek: :tweek: :tweek: :tweek: :tweek: :tweek:
me=a hybrid of Tweek,Butters,Cartman,&Kyle!

GIVING INTO AN EXTREMIST SHOWS WEAKNESS, AND OPENS A DOOR TO FAILURE THIS WILL NOT APPEASE THEIR THREATS.
cartman04
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:19 pm

Re: why cant my parents get off my back?

Postby cartman04 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:23 pm

OK STOP!!!!
all im getting now are lectures telling me that I need to grow up and to deal with it, I don't need that. Now, lets get back on subject. Here it is again.

i come home from school, everythings normal and when we sit down to eat my mom grabs my hand and found I drew on myself again. she says she blind without her contacts yet she can see a small speck of ink on the back of my hand. then it goes into an all out war on my opinions and other stuff and I cant take it anymore. Im tired of being treated like this whenever something happens. my parents even blamed my friend when i started cutting, when my style of music changed etc. they always find a way to point things away from me and they dont sit down and think about other possibilities. now becuase of this I have no friends outside of school becuase theyre to afraid to come in my house.
How come parents are like dictators (my parents anyway) ?
Michaeloptv
Posts: 3545
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:02 pm

Re: why cant my parents get off my back?

Postby Michaeloptv » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:29 pm

Um, because they are your parents :wink:


Simply put, I don't really care for everything my parents say and do, and you don't have to either. However, until you move out (or go to college like myself :lol: ) you have to deal with them because they are the ones who are responsible for your well-being.

You're lucky in some cases. I have no cable television at my house, no internet except wifi, and my place is a MESS!! I am 20, and I still cannot find a good paying job, or a girlfriend.... :x

I have too much stress, and my parents telling me to do stuff makes it worse, especially when you don't want to do it. But I have had to buckle down and deal with it. I am sick and tired of it as well, but until I actually get a job outside of where I live, and can actually support myself, I am stuck in the same boat as you are kid. :(

My parents don't like the music I listen to, and quite frankly they don't have to. We are our own people. Yes, I wish i could tell my parents to f*ck off, but I cannot because I will somehow get punished. So, my advice is to go into your own little fairy tale world and try to live it to the best you can right now because in a year or two, You'll have to make some very hard decisions on where and how you are going to live the rest of your life :?

P.S: Stop cutting yourself, and go do your homework!
If you don't you will end up in far worse problems down in life....and don't do drugs...

Drugs are bad M'kay. :lol:
"Where I go, Destruction will follow"


I am a hybrid of Butters, Tweek, and Clyde.

Official Winner of Page 1900!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests