We All Die in 2012?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Benjamin27

We All Die in 2012?

Postby Benjamin27 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:20 am

O.K., I just got the Cult of Cartman dvd set today and on it Cartmen keeps saying that "We All Die in 2012", does anyone knows what he means? Is it the date of the last season of South Park?
gtaca2005

Re: We All Die in 2012?

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:22 am

No, South Park is contracted to go to AT LEAST 2015.

2012 is a conspiracy theory that says the world ends then because that is when the Mayan calender ends...
http://www.armageddononline.org/mayan.php

http://www.armageddononline.org/2012.php
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:56 am

Yep, the 2012 winter solstice. Earth will be in perfect alignment with our star and the center of our galaxy. And apparently that causes the world to end. You know, just like it does every 26,000 years when this alignment happens on a solstice.

You read it! You can't unread it!
allan420

Postby allan420 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:11 am

Benjamin27 wrote:O.K., I just got the Cult of Cartman dvd set today and on it Cartmen keeps saying that "We All Die in 2012", does anyone knows what he means? Is it the date of the last season of South Park?

I hate to say it but .. omg.. my domain expires in...

da da daaaaa

... but wait ... some believe in Aliens.. and then you might have heard the US deal with the Aliens that runs out in 2014 or 2015 so .. if that is true... Id be more worried about that date

Im pretty sure its 2037+ with the asteroid ...
not 2012 .. but even then .. is it ???
axis or asteroid ? and all thats a guess .. could be a nuke

another theory is that means we're supposed to reset the calendar to account for the new alignment

I DO KNOW I played an old video game that was invite only called Strange New Worlds Online based on Star Trek and ugh I played a Ferengi and when my planet was destroyed due to a nuclear attack I moved to Orion. Ironically I played this game in the 90s and my job was to guard the FCA Trade Tower on Ferenginar. The Romulans and others tried to take down my tower a couple times once with a nuke but I blew up their ship enroute to my city which was a mistake because it caused a fallout in the city I blew their ship up in. I had to rebuild the city after. Still, they never blew up my tower until they blew up my entire planet one day while I was logged off. So if you heard of Rigel III ... Don't laugh.. This Planet Earth used to be filled with Apes. Also, I have a birthmark over my heart and guess what it is, omg, Orion's Belt.

My friend in Orion and I met and had drinks and toasted to our own success. We spoke of past years and victories. We went on about the enemy and what they had done. We spoke of a new day and how we would approach it. When we logged off, we dropped our In Character and went for their heart. Strange New Worlds would never restart. Game Over.

it was a good RP session and as we were the top ranked in the game I thought it only fitting we had the last RP session in the history of the game.. picture it.. an old Ferengi Nagus and an Old Orion warrior speaking of times past in a bar a lounge .. a relaxing seat.. and a dancing girl.. drinks for all.. and music thru the night

my thoughts

destroy my planet

I smite thee

God or not
Michaeloptv

Postby Michaeloptv » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:55 am

There are three years in which the world will end. So if one fails, the others will surely get us.

So, my life will eventually end before I want it to.
But I am hoping it is the latter.

So three things will eventually kill us.

A) massive wildfires that engulf the earth somehow combined with earthquakes..

B) Nuclear Holocost!!

C) the same way dinosaurs became extinct :shock:

:cartmanevil:
"Where I go, Destruction will follow"

I am a hybrid of Butters, Tweek, and Clyde.

Official Winner of Page 1900!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:08 am

gtaca2005 wrote:No, South Park is contracted to go to AT LEAST 2015.

2011!!!

They are scheduled to go through season 15, which airs in 2011.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:12 am

Big-Will wrote:

2011!!!

Oh yeah, got confused. :lol:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Michaeloptv

Postby Michaeloptv » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:14 am

Well then, maybe what Cartman ( or Trey Parker) are saying that the world will end once south park goes off the air :wink:

So may it live on for eternity! :D
"Where I go, Destruction will follow"

I am a hybrid of Butters, Tweek, and Clyde.

Official Winner of Page 1900!
AlRich

Postby AlRich » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:15 am

...The magnetic poles are going to shift, switching Earth's axis and destroying all life in the process. 2012. Terrence McKenna also predicted this via some acid induced time line formation to destruction... Then he died of a brain tumor, so you know he's creditable.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:43 am

Big-Will wrote:

2011!!!

Well, unless the schedule puts them into the beginning of 2012.
I have some wild theories on that however, and they contradict one another.

1. Matt and Trey always said that they wanted to end the show while it's still good. Maybe they feel that 15 seasons should be the cut off point.

2. Didn't Trey mention somewhere that if he and... L-Lady Trey were to start a family, he wouldn't want the hectic schedule of the show taking away from raising the kid(s)?

3. Matt has said that they've almost ended it a couple of times, but they like having the ability to say what they want. Therefore I think they may re-up for another couple of years.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:01 am

Typical the world would end just as London is hosting the olympic games that year :roll:
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:08 am

2012?

well yeah they have a contract for three more seasons after this one, until season 15 that is, which should air on 2011
they havent said anything for sure but i have the feeling they are gonna stop there, and i think i prefer it that way, i still love south park and am afraid that, if it goes as long as the simpsons, it will loose it's charm like i feel the simpsons did

about since season 8 they have been doing a definite of 14 episodes per season, all of the seasons ending in the same year in which they started, but a couple of seasons that had about 17 or 18 episodes (dont remember which ones) ended the following year

maybe that's what it means? maybe they are planning on making their last season longer than the ones they've been doing lately and south park will end at the beginning of 2012?

it would be a joke im guessing, i dunno, just saying, its 5 am and i cant sleep for the excitement of a new episode, lol im such a looser :P
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:46 am

The world will not end in 2012.
Or 2027.
Or 2036.

If the world was about to be destroyed and such a threat was credible, something tells me the governments of the world would be focused on that.

Doomsday, when tied to a date, is no longer Doomsday. The very nature of Doomsday requires it to happen suddenly; humans, by nature, are surviviors. They will do what it takes. If a threat can be spotted from far off, then it will not be the end of mankind because humanity would try and stop it or find ways to survive.

So no. Nothing will happen. And even if the dates are tied into something, Mayan calendar doesn't call it the end of the world. It calls it the end of an age, start of another age.

And by the way, why the hell is this topic in this forum? I understand it is on the DVD, but keping it here would be like keeping an IJ:TCS topic in here because it was mentioned in the show.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:09 am

Good eye. ;)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
allan420

Postby allan420 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:16 am

I will say they have a new 'the sky is falling' story every so often but ugh

with this one for example.. see my old posts.. but ugh
even I said back in the 90s can I have a spaceship ? lol

more so I Wanted to leave the planet you know with my girlfriend f*ck this sh*t but ugh they wouldnt let me .. no .. I mean not that they really have spaceships or anything ...

but yea I don't really think the planet is ending I just wanted to get the f*ck outta here for awhile

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”