Best Punk Band? NO POP PUNK!!!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

republocrat23

Re: Best Punk Band? NO POP PUNK!!!

Postby republocrat23 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:48 pm

It's fine if people want to listen to that crap, but don't call yourself punk while you're at it. Pawning that corporate money maker off as even remotely punk rock is an insult to all of those people who put out the zines, play in the bands, listen to the music, etc. Yes, it is still around. Oh, and Avril Lavine is definitely making it into a trend.
Rave

Postby Rave » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:23 am

Shiny Toy Guns, Nirvana, and Bad Religion are my favorites. :]
inlovewith_oi

Postby inlovewith_oi » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:50 am

Nirvana's considered "grunge/alternative" aren't they? Also way overrated.
CHEL BEAN

Postby CHEL BEAN » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:13 pm

Shiny Toy Guns aren't punk either.
Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly!

Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonaisse.
republocrat23

Postby republocrat23 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:26 am

Shiny Toy Guns aren't punk at all. And the only reason Nirvana is overrated is because everyone treats Kurt Cobain like he was some kind of god or something. I think all of their stuff is great...with the exception of Smells Like Teen Spirit.
inlovewith_oi

Postby inlovewith_oi » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:20 pm

I guess I just don't dig em, regardless of Kurt Cobain worshipers.
Not my kind of music...
CHEL BEAN

Postby CHEL BEAN » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:36 pm

Eh, I like Nirvana but they're definitely NOT punk. They were the band that defined the grunge genre.

ZAchAtTacK42013

Postby ZAchAtTacK42013 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:10 am

My favorite punk bands (there's a lot): Municipal Waste, Cross Examination, Suicidal Tendencies, D.R.I., Dirtbag, Spitting On Cops, Extreme Noise Terror, Toxic Narcotic, Poison Idea, Negative Approach, Gang Green, Battalion Of Saints, Naked Aggression, The Subhumans (From Canada), Antischism, GG Allin and his various bands, Cryptic Slaughter, Nausea, Wasted Youth, Minor Threat, The f*ck Ups (80s SF band), Disfear, Cress, Fear, J.F.A., The Accused, Septic Death, Lethal Aggression, Man Is The Bastard, Youth Brigade (DC), Zounds, NOFX (Liberal Animation and S&M Airlines only), Amebix, Black Flag, Disclose, Discharge, Dischange (D-beat=good), The 4-Skins, Agnostic Front, Body Count, 25 Ta Life, Cro Mags, Agression, Jerry's Kids, Negative FX, Guttermouth (early), Extinction Of Mankind, Dr. Know, DS-13, Vitamin X, Blatz, Blitz, Bad Religion, Aus Rotten, Angry Samoans (Hardcore era, not the bs garage rock crap. PS f*ck METAL MIKE), Zyklome A, The Varukers, Avskum, Skitsystem (Again, more D-beat), The Misfits (only Earth AD. The other sh*t is grossly overrated in my book. Later era bootlegs before the first breakup are good as well. "Skulls", "Astro Zombies", etc. sound so much better sped up.), Napalm Death (same with ENT, GRIND IS PUNK), Pennywise (favorite damn band, always will be), Zero Boys, TSOL, Sublime, RATOS DE PORAO!!, Oi Polloi....

I could go on. Some bands are questionable in the definition of punk by some elitists (myself included). I must also state, that although I recognize their influence, I HATE THE RAMONES. I also hate every dumbass who justifies listening to Skrewdriver by citing their first album as the only one they listen to. You still support a racist band, jackass.

P.S. f*ck METAL MIKE!!!
ZAchAtTacK42013

Postby ZAchAtTacK42013 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:13 am

CHEL BEAN wrote:Eh, I like Nirvana but they're definitely NOT punk. They were the band that defined the grunge genre.

Nirvana is punk. Grunge is an evolution of Hardcore.
Easts

Postby Easts » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:54 am

Personal favourites of mine include;
Radio Birdman,Frenzal Rhomb,New Race,The Exploited,Sex Pistols(of course),The Misfits & The Cramps
If i filled my pool with dry ice,does that mean i could swim without getting wet?
ZAchAtTacK42013

Postby ZAchAtTacK42013 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:15 pm

I forgot to add in my original post: The Circle Jerks, Oppressed Logic, Beowulf, No Mercy, Circle One, The Germs, Asschapel, and Murder Disco X.
CHEL BEAN

Postby CHEL BEAN » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:32 pm

I can't stand Social Distortion because all they do is sing the title of their songs over and over again.

CHEL BEAN

Postby CHEL BEAN » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:33 pm

OH! Rosa is awesome.

republocrat23

Postby republocrat23 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:39 am

The Daycare Swindlers, Set to Explode, Government Warning, Lion of Judah, Alleged Bricks, Common Enemy, Frontside Five (newer DC/Baltimore and California hardcore bands with the exception of Frontside Five). Also, Sham 69, The Casualties, The Exploited, Flipper, Gang Green, TSOL, Screaching Weasel, The Queers, Black Flag, Minor Threat, The Vandals, D.R.I., and THE DEAD MILKMEN. Those are just some more.
GoingDown2SouthPark

Postby GoingDown2SouthPark » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:10 am

Good Charlotte arn't posers!!!
:oops:
It says in the bible you have to be saved to go to Heaven. The only way I see it is you have to be yourself to go to Hell.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”