Best Punk Band? NO POP PUNK!!!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Re: Best Punk Band? NO POP PUNK!!!

Postby 203177 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:32 pm

I like simple plan and good charlotte and alot more... :D
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
republocrat23

Postby republocrat23 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:43 pm

Just don't call them punk.
ZAchAtTacK42013

Postby ZAchAtTacK42013 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:01 am

Schliby wrote:Streetlight Manifesto is "Ska" which is a form of punk, while it is not punk like The Ramones or The Sex Pistols, it is not Pop Punk, so i think they count.

Ska is not a sub genre of punk, third wave ska is (essentially punk with horns). Two tone was inspired by punk but was more "ska" than punk. And also, Ska came before reggae, making reggae a sub genre of ska.
ZAchAtTacK42013

Postby ZAchAtTacK42013 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:03 am

republocrat23 wrote:
Authoritahh!!! wrote:Punk sucks and so do punks. METAL IS WHERE ITS AT!!!! UP THE IRONS!!!!!(Iron Maiden reference for you anarchist bastards)

Metal (except thrash, groove, or funk) is for the most part nothing except a bunch of people singing about their experiences playing dungeons and dragons (I am, of course talking about Dio and the late Iron Maiden). If you want to talk about hair metal (even worse) then it is a bunch of dumbass coke addicts singing about going to strip clubs and partying. Black Metal is the Satanic equivalent of Christian rock, so I don't even need to talk about that one. Metal is nothing compared to punk. To put it in your terms, METAL SUCKS YOU COKE SNORTING SATANIC PUSSIES!!!!!

Metal rules. Crossover is where it's at though. But I'll always love my punk.
republocrat23

Postby republocrat23 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:11 am

I was trying to make a point that punk (especially anarcho-punk and crust punk) is more meaningful than metal. I just thought that kid was being a dick.
spazmagee

Postby spazmagee » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:56 pm

Ska wins my heart. Streetlight Manifesto is awesome, and I love them. They'd have to be my number one ska band.

I used to like Against Me!, but I'm not so fond of their new stuff. Operation Ivy, the Adicts, and Rancid (yeah, shoot me, I like me some Tim Armstrong) have to be my favourite punk bands.
ZAchAtTacK42013

Postby ZAchAtTacK42013 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:22 am

republocrat23 wrote:I was trying to make a point that punk (especially anarcho-punk and crust punk) is more meaningful than metal. I just thought that kid was being a dick.

I get ya now. Crust is pretty much a form of metal though. As with meaningfulness, I'd have to agree with you, as most metal band's lyrics don't even come close to the issues presented by anarcho bands.
republocrat23

Postby republocrat23 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:12 pm

ZAchAtTacK42013 wrote:
republocrat23 wrote:I was trying to make a point that punk (especially anarcho-punk and crust punk) is more meaningful than metal. I just thought that kid was being a dick.

I get ya now. Crust is pretty much a form of metal though. As with meaningfulness, I'd have to agree with you, as most metal band's lyrics don't even come close to the issues presented by anarcho bands.

exactly.
republocrat23

Postby republocrat23 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:16 pm

spazmagee wrote:Ska wins my heart. Streetlight Manifesto is awesome, and I love them. They'd have to be my number one ska band.

I used to like Against Me!, but I'm not so fond of their new stuff. Operation Ivy, the Adicts, and Rancid (yeah, shoot me, I like me some Tim Armstrong) have to be my favourite punk bands.

Rancid and Operation Ivy are a couple of my favorites

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”