Ha...so I think I am in a bit of trouble at school....

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

NickMajor

Ha...so I think I am in a bit of trouble at school....

Postby NickMajor » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:37 am

My english teacher wanted us to make Fables, ya know those moral stories with animals, in a comic book style. Everyone had nice cute little animals...and then I was up. So I get up there and say "My fable is called RUDY THE WHITE SUPREMACIST CHICKEN" and no one even laughs, people were shocked I think...and my teacher was just pissed. So in my fable, Rudy the chicken is a white supremacist chicken who hates the black chickens and he sneezes one day and all his feathers come off and he realizes his skin is black so when he goes to apologize to the black chickens they kill him. And that was about it...the the other KKK chickens fear the black chickens so they give the "plunder and women" (south park reference teehee) so they will not kill them.

So my teacher had everyone turn their fables into one pile but she had me hand mine to her and she set it off the side of her desk. I am guessing I will get called to either the counselor (God I hope) or the principal. This is gunna be fun!
peterpertrelli

Re: Ha...so I think I am in a bit of trouble at school....

Postby peterpertrelli » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:06 am

what's the point. :(
is it funny?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:30 am

B& for racism.

Seriously, what were you thinking?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
SouthParks#1Fan

Postby SouthParks#1Fan » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:37 am

Big-Will wrote:B& for racism.

That wasnt racism, what he did at school was racist but right there he was explaining what happened, Its the behaviour on THIS board, not at school
Solitude and Sin, Calm my nerves with Gin. Sleep, wake up and do it all again.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:35 am

SouthParks#1Fan wrote:

That wasnt racism, what he did at school was racist but right there he was explaining what happened, Its the behaviour on THIS board, not at school

And people say I'M thickheaded...

No, he's not banned here.

SouthParks#1Fan

Postby SouthParks#1Fan » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:48 am

Big-Will wrote:
SouthParks#1Fan wrote:

And people say I'M thickheaded...

Are you implying tht im thickheaded? wow. Seriously... And people say im a couch potato! and a fruit cake!
Solitude and Sin, Calm my nerves with Gin. Sleep, wake up and do it all again.
NickMajor

Postby NickMajor » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:32 pm

Ha...ya, I didn't really think about it when I was writing it, since the white supremacist chicken died I was thinking ok its all good, and then when I read it out loud I thought to myself "what the hell did I write". Well, I'll find out what happens today!
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:12 pm

That is what I call humour. It sounds like a funny story (it depends how you presented it but the premise would make a good episode of an Adult Swim cartoon) and more importantly has a political message beneath it that is neither Racist (in fact it sounds anti-racist) nor hatefull. People are not forgiving of those who genuinely want to change, and this includes victims of prejudice, whch only helps to promote hatred and fear to future generationby stopping white supremacists (and sexists, antisemites and homophobes) from seeing the error of their ways and changing; say that THAT was the moral of your story and see if they punish you for it!

It sounds like an intelligent piece of comedy, far better than the wishy-washy Disney fables (who's morals are probably of the family friendly kill everyone who's different and remove anything that's not perfect from our whitewashed world varity) most of the kids probably produced. I'm incredably proud that you had the guts to touch on a contraversial topic. If I were your principle (and the story was how I picture it from the premise, it could've been totally unsuitable, i havn't seen it and so don't know) then I'd probably give you an award rather than punish you. Good luck and hope it is "fun" :wink:

Did I ever mention my 10th grade creative writing assesment, where I wrote about a stalker who ends up killing himself after the TV presenter he's stalking dies? THAT is what you call disturbing writing, and I only got myself an A* for it, hope the same goes for you XD
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:18 pm

Well, the title alone made me laugh. And I continued to giggle whilst skimming your story.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:38 pm

SouthParks#1Fan wrote:
Big-Will wrote:And people say I'M thickheaded...

Are you implying tht im thickheaded? wow. Seriously... And people say im a couch potato! and a fruit cake!

Why, yes, yes I am. You automatically assumed I was talking about, ahem, his "behaviour on THIS board, not at school" when I was asking why he wrote such a story.

And if people say you're a couch potato and a fruit cake, who am I to disagree with them? You could be far worse; I don't know.

As for the story, if it ain't making the class laugh, it ain't funny at that school. Maybe the school has a history of racism it's trying to get past, and would rather just not have any fables about it, well-meaning though they may be.

Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:11 pm

Big-Will wrote:And people say I'M thickheaded...

OMG Not fair, he's setting me up!
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:43 am

BigWill wrote:B& for racism.

BigWill wrote:No, he's not banned here.

Is it just me or are these posts contradictory? Or am I just immagining the first post :|
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:58 am

Ok I can SORT of relate to this. The KKK chickens is funny. I'm not racist but it sounds like something me and someone else did back in middle school (8th grade) and got in trouble for. I wish I still had them.

The guys I hung out with in middle school (after middle school, I turned loner) were VERY good at drawing. One of them is in college for graphic design.

We were sitting in 8th grade social studies class and we had to make a comic and the dude I was paired up with had a comic with a white kid, a black kid and the KKK.

The black kid says "come join us black folk"

The white kid says "KKK sucks. Leaving"

KKK guy with a hood on and his hands up in the air "come back here you traitor!"

The teacher put it in a folder and wrote in blue marker "KEEP OUT. TOP SECRET. FBI" She didn't have a problem with it.

Somehow we got found out by the dean of students (who just happens to have an adopted black girl) and she put us in her office, lectured us, the teacher who put it in the folder acted like she had no idea what was there and the dean takes a framed picture off her desk and holds it up SEE THIS? THATS MY LITTLE GIRL!!

I don't know what punishment came out of that can't remember. 2000 or early 2001 so that was at least 8 years ago.
Stan and Kyle :)
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:39 am

I have to say your (kfgg) comic actually sounds racist. Unlike the OP of this thread's comic, which sounds to me like it would be very hard not to interprit it as an anti racist message. It'd be about as easy to watch SP:BLU and think that, because a charactar in it expresses support for censorship, that the film supports censorship, by rejecting what happens to that charactar (summons satan/gets torn to shreads by the chickens) and entire bigger picture. You'd have to be a member of CAPalert to make that kind of interpritation, from what I immagine from the concept having never seen the actual comic this comic was about.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:44 am

B& On The Run!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”