A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Pip Tweek

Re: Kick a Ginger Day

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:59 am

M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:21 am

Well Jackie about what you said about Jews being made fun of on South Park, everyone who actually knows anything about the show knows that Matt comes from a Jewish family, so I think most people informed about the show know the Jewish jokes are not serious.

And isn't calling someone who can't take one joke on South Park a hypocrit and hating on them also a form of intolerance and bigotry?. Ok, we don't know anything about this geekman guy other than what he said, yet certain people here are making assumptions about how bad of a bigot he is for having what sounds like only a slight issue with one episode. And it sounds like he only really has an issue becase he thinks Trey might seriously hate people with red hair and freckles, and he thinks kids might become ginger haters because of that episode and beat the sh*t out of ginger kids at their schools. Even though we don't know him, that fact makes him a horrible person, doesn't it? You are calling him a hypocrit and making assumptions how he was being a bigot and laughing his ass off when the show was making fun of everyone else, but for all we know he might be like me and not even give a f*ck about someone's religion is if they are a nice person. Come on, do we want to be so judgemental? Acting like this is going to scare new people away from the board and it would be nice to get some new regular posters.

Oh yeah I love The Far Side..Thanks for posting it.
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:26 am

Well if I didn't want to make the judgement that he was a hypocrite, I wouldn't have made it. (I don't say that to be a bitch...but that's like asking "Do you really want to wear that shirt?" Well if I didn't want to wear it I wouldn't have put it on.) And no I don't know him, but I am judging him based on his own words, which were, in summation, "I've watched SP since 1997 and loved it..but after the ginger episode I'm not gonna watch anymore." This guy also has a perception that Trey hates gingers (which is a lie) so I don't think I'm the far off the mark. He laughs at everyone else until his group is made fun of...and obviously doesn't have a thick enough skin to watch this show if he takes it that personally. Will was right. What happened on Kick A Ginger day was said to be just a prank by the person who started it and no link to South Park has been proven...the only link is Ginger Kids but that episode is over three years old...so why stop watching SP over it now? Because he's pissed and looking for an outlet for his anger and SP is an easy target.

So yea I'm rather afraid I have to stand by my statement at this point.

...and if you don't want people to make a judgement of you, making a post like that prolly isn't a good idea.
candace

Postby candace » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:19 pm

This is to all the people out there who participated in "Kick a Ginger Day".

One incident involves an 8 year old boy, who was kicked all day long at school. He went home in tears. This is bullying, straight out. Take some responsibility guys for your part in this.

Children should not be watching this show because they do not understand the meaning behind it, they only understand the "funny side". So they are exposed to it and they take it to school, where they tell their friends. The result is other children being picked on and feeling self conscious for the rest of their lives. It is like a ball of twine that starts out small but gets bigger and bigger the more it rolls.

I love South Park, but this was a bit to much for me.
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:39 pm

I agree children should be watching this but it's the responsibility of the parents to monitor what their kids watch, not South Park.

And the only link between this episode and this incident is they did an episode about ginger people, like three years ago, and there was no encouragement of violence against anyone in that episode. These stupid kids did that on their own.

If you want to continue your logic...the next time a homeless person is murdered you would blame South Park due to the episode they did about homeless people, Night of the Living Homeless.

And if SP didn't apologize for the situation with John and Patsy Ramsey, don't hold your breath waiting for them to apologize over this...especially when they have nothing to apologize for.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:40 am

I love South Park, but this was a bit to much for me.
Because the show said in one of it's episodes "go out and kick a ginger on [insert date of kick a ginger day]" or had a character telling people to bully? Oh wait, it never said anything of the sort. Kids get bullied all the time for being different, ginger hair is a source of difference, though this was probably not helped by south park they'd have found something else to pick on the kids for, spongebob could probably motivate violence in some kids. Bullying has more important causes than watching TV shows and those causes are what should be focused on. What about all the kids who bully who don't watch SP?

I can tell you how I would react.

How I reacted after Snuke and anything with Pip in it :P

Especially if it was something that in some way applies to me and people like me

Sorry to say this but that'd make you a hypocrit too. If you found the jokes about other groups funny. If not, why watch SP?

if you felt like something you saw wasn't a joke, but it was someone hating on people like you, how would you react

If he thinks trey actually hates ginger people, then he's not only a hypocrit; he's a stupid hipocrit. I'd actually make sure the guy was hating on me first. I'd have a "so this is how all those white women must have felt" moment, but I wouldn't do a the show has gone too far by insulting me moment, I'd learn to take what I aproved of being dished out.

I think when Trey said all the things he did 2 years ago after Hayes quit, I think he was just pissed at the time

I don't care what Trey said. I agree wholeheartedly with what he pruportedly said, if hayyes left for the reasons that have been stated. He can forgive the guy for being a hypocrit (in that one instance) but he was still (at that one point) a hypocrit.

I think most people informed about the show know the Jewish jokes are not serious

And anyone who's seen that epiode would know it was just a joke. Same level of offensivness. So same level of hypocacy to get offended by one and not the other.

isn't calling someone who can't take one joke on South Park a hypocrit and hating on them also a form of intolerance and bigotry?.

Postmodern Phail. Intollerence and biggotry =/= hypocracy. Jackie is accusing geekman of being a hypocrit, not of being intollerent. I don't care if I'm intollerent of hypocracy personally.

Acting like this is going to scare new people away from the board

Scare a guy who says in his first post that he's leaving forever away?

I agree children should be watching this but it's the responsibility of the parents to monitor what their kids watch, not South Park.

With propper parental guidance, the show could be watched by kids. Even without it I think most kids would get the message. I'm not sure how you could miss the message that it's cartman who's in the wrong, unless you're already a racist or something.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:16 am

Umm Jackie, was what you said about "If you don't want people to make a judgement of you, making a post like that isn't a good idea", were you directing that statement to me or Geekman. If it was for me I think you should know if people on this board are going to make bad judgements of me, I couldn't give two f*cks. I am going to say what I think, and I think you and SS are getting a litle too judgemental. I like SS, but I am going to be honest about what I think. And I stand by what I said, I would like to see more regular posters here, so this board can have more activity and be more fun. People who are lurking here, and see you guys ripping apart everyone who you disagree with are going to maybe not want to post for fear of getting a bunch of crap. Not everyone who comes here is going to think exactly the way you do, and not everyone who wants to come post here who likes South Park knows as much about the show as people here.Yes some people are going to just be here to complain and leave, but some might want to stay and make friends with other fans..They might change their minds if they think they are going to get sh*t on for having an unpopular opinion. And that sucks for me, because I want to meet some new fans. I don't know about you, but I would like to talk about something else other than who is a hypocrit.

Seriously, this board is begining to resemble a board I have mentioned before on here many times. A board filled with wanna be Neo Nazi alcoholic assh*les who were a disgrace to other Rob Zombie fans. Over there, if someone said one thing they didn't like or didn't think was "cool" they got ripped apart by at least 10 or 11 people ( needless to say most new people didn't stay long), and it seems like I am seeing the begining of that kind of trend on here. But,I wasn't afraid to tell them what I thought of them, so I am not going to be afraid to say what I think on here. So if anyone wants to judge me as a hypocrit for not fully agreeing with everything said on here, fine.

And Candace, as far as I know there aren't any regular posters who had anything to do with the kick a Ginger Day thing. As I said earlier, I would be more likely to kick the little bullies who were a part of it and let them know how it feels to be picked on by someone bigger than themselves. I was bullied all the time in grade school and junior high, and you are right I know from personal experience that being picked on all the time as a child makes one grow up to be self conscious and have bad self esteem, But that was a long time ago, way before South Park, was created. So the show wasn't to blame. I don't think any show or movie was to blame, it is a very bad part of human nature. Kids single out someone for whatever reason and make their lives a living Hell. Even if their parents teach them better and they aren't exposed to certain cartoons that are not meant for them. They learn to be little sh*ts and bully someone from their peers. I am not sure what the solution is to stop it. When South Park shows the kids picking on eachother they aren't endorsing bullying, more like the writers are reflecting the reality of what really goes on in schools. Anyway, Candace, as I was saying, I would like to see more regular posters on here, if you didn't just come to complain, then welcome to the board.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:18 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote:
Seriously, this board is begining to resemble a board I have mentioned before on here many times. A board filled with wanna be Neo Nazi alcoholic assh*les who were a disgrace to other Rob Zombie fans. Over there, if someone said one thing they didn't like or didn't think was "cool" they got ripped apart by at least 10 or 11 people ( needless to say most new people didn't stay long), and it seems like I am seeing the begining of that kind of trend on here.

I don't see that happening. Sure, some people can be hard-headed, but I don't see a kind of xenophobic trend of conformity developing.
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:40 pm

Yes,it was directed at you. You made a post directed at me and asked if I wanted to make my judgment....
M00ndragon69 wrote:Well Jackie about what you said about Jews being made fun of on South Park, everyone who actually knows anything about the show knows that Matt comes from a Jewish family, so I think most people informed about the show know the Jewish jokes are not serious.

Come on, do we want to be so judgemental?

And I replied if I didn't want to make the judgement, I wouldn't have made it.

In that same message you say he has a slight problem with the episode, but, saying he isn't going to watch the show over the ginger thing anymore seems to be more than a slight problem.

M00ndragon69 wrote:People who are lurking here, and see you guys ripping apart everyone who you disagree with are going to maybe not want to post for fear of getting a bunch of crap. Not everyone who comes here is going to think exactly the way you do, and not everyone who wants to come post here who likes South Park knows as much about the show as people here.Yes some people are going to just be here to complain and leave, but some might want to stay and make friends with other fans..They might change their minds if they think they are going to get sh*t on for having an unpopular opinion. And that sucks for me, because I want to meet some new fans. I don't know about you, but I would like to talk about something else other than who is a hypocrit.

None of this applies to the guy I was talking to because he made it very clear he was a "first and last time poster". He had no intention to stay here and chat or become friends with any of us. He came here to bitch and then leave.

And if what I'm saying is so upsetting to you please feel free to ignore my posts. I mean, no offense but you've been going on about this for days. I feel that when you apply one set of rules to yourself and another to others, that's hypocrisy. I'm afraid that there is nothing you can say to change that.
MEPT72

Postby MEPT72 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:33 am

If you kids don't cut this Ginger hatred I'm going to beat you like the red-headed step child...
... Wait...
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:37 am

It is more like I am a bit annoyed than I am upset.There isn't much activity on this board, but on the threads that seem to have the most activity seem to be nothing but "blah, blah, blah, so and so's a hypocrit, blah, blah, blah", from my point of view that is pretty f*cking boring. But hey, if you want to toss the label hypocrit around go ahead. Everyone ( including myself) is one at some point in their life, as I keep on saying no one is perfect. But just so you know, the people who point their fingers and call other people hypocrits the most are the most fun to go after when their own hypocracy is exposed.

But yeah, that is my issue. I am bored here.
un_named

Postby un_named » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:32 pm

well... im ginger and jewish and i havn't found any of the episodes offensife and even the ginge one i loled about!!! =p

but kik i ginge day... thats gay.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:32 am

I have heard that expression about beating someone like a redhaired stepchild long before South Park was even created. I don't really get it. Most biases I know of come from things that happened historically that turned certain people against eachother or they are due to religion. And there is that stereotype about blondes being stupid..But what I don't get is why anyone would have a problem with redheads. Does anyone know how that form of predujuice started?
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:08 pm

I don't have the slighest idea. The minority is normally picked on because the majority would feel better. But just because someone is a minority doesn't mean you can pick on them.

I don't know why you guys are fighting over if someone is a hypocrite or not. Why does it matter?
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
BigCamera4892

Postby BigCamera4892 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:38 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote:I have heard that expression about beating someone like a redhaired stepchild long before South Park was even created. I don't really get it. Most biases I know of come from things that happened historically that turned certain people against eachother or they are due to religion. And there is that stereotype about blondes being stupid..But what I don't get is why anyone would have a problem with redheads. Does anyone know how that form of predujuice started?

I seem to remember learning something in public school re: red heads. What I recall (don't quote me on this, but it IS what I was taught in school), that red heads come from Scotland, and genetically breed over the centuries to be red heads, big child bearing hips, and big breasts. No joke and no sarcasm here on my part. This is what I was actually taught in school re: Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Is there any one of you posters out there who can confirm this? My source is from public school. I hope this helps in your quest to find out, MOOndragon69.

As to the prejudice re: red heads, I can only speculate it has something to do with the prejudice by the British against the Scottish with the MacGregor/Campbell controvery from the 1700's. Bottom line, there was a big feud in those days between Scotland and England. The classic books by Robert Louis Stevenson entitled Kidnapped and it's sequel Catriona deals with the red head issue. In fact, the main Character, Catriona, was a red head.

Hope this helps with your question :D

--BigCamera4892

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”