IT'S SNOWING....IN NEW ORLEANS!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

CHEL BEAN

IT'S SNOWING....IN NEW ORLEANS!

Postby CHEL BEAN » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:15 pm

So I wake up this morning, drudging work...and i look outside....AND IT'S EFFING SNOWING!!!!!...in New Orleans....which is in the south....where it never snows...and I've never seen snow....and holy sh*t this is awesome.
Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly!

Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonaisse.
BRMBug

Re: IT'S SNOWING....IN NEW ORLEANS!

Postby BRMBug » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:47 pm

Yeah, it was snowin' like a motherf*cker here Tuesday night. Since it was 75 degrees that morning it didn't stick though.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:20 pm

Whew, I can stop worrying about all this global warming bullsh*t. Oh wait, they changed the term to "climate change" ...which the planet goes through all the time and has for millennia.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Frosty_D

Postby Frosty_D » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:17 pm

^Actually climate changes every season :D

wootness no global warming!
zzyzx

Postby zzyzx » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:22 pm

Al Gore wrote:global warming is real. Didja see my movie?

So why's there snow in the Big Easy?
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:17 pm

Jesus need Selsun Blue.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:05 am

Frosty_D wrote:^Actually climate changes every season :D

Weather changes every season. Climate refers to 'average weather' experienced over centuries. The quote is usually, "Climate is what you can expect; weather is what you get."

Also, keep in mind, people, a single event like this doesn't offset a centuries-long planetary-wide warming trend.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:05 am

Big-Will wrote:Whew, I can stop worrying about all this global warming bullsh*t. Oh wait, they changed the term to "climate change" ...which the planet goes through all the time and has for millennia.

But z0mg j00 m3@n th3r3 iz n0 g10b@1 w@rm1ng??///?? N00o00o3z!!

Dude, there are still people at my school spazzing over global warming.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:17 am

Well, that's a relief. Now that there's no global warming, we can all go back to treating the environment that sustains us like one big giant toilet.

I'm going to throw a car battery into a lake to celebrate! :D
Frosty_D

Postby Frosty_D » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:21 am

XD do it and kill all the fishes...poor things...
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:07 am

I kind of wish it was snowing here in Washington state.
Ranius

Postby Ranius » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:18 pm

wtf... i can't believe what i'm reading. are you people by any chance retarded? just because you see snow for one day you say there is no global warming? i's like saying that australia doesn't have summer when you have winter!

Don't you get it? it's because of this that there is snow there! global warming doesn't only mean that the temperatures will never go down again, it means that the average temperature with its ups and downs is higher every year and the fluctuations of the said temperatures are intensified, meaning that summers will kill from the heat(in case you didn't notice it yet) and winters will not have snow all the season, but will have incredibly cold spikes here and there. also, temperatures in all seasons will fluctuate insanely, bringing snow in summer and 40°C in the winter.

Saying that i've seen Gore's film would be political suicide after he's been made a total mockery of in the show - which was (by what i see) actually meant to show you that people don't believe him from the simple reason the warming doesn't wear a sign saying "i'm global warming", andbecause the government would have to work for a change if any changes were made... but seriously, has any of you seen it? it is simple to understand, even i noticed that! it didn't show me anything i didn't know before, but from what i just read here it is evident that there are still people that can benefit from it.

people, global warming is not a joke for your amusement, it is happening and the only reason you don't know is because you think that because it snows it can't be true, failing to see that snow in mexico and orleans is proof of changes taking place!

I am sincerely dissappointed. i thought that all the people here knew to verify information, not diss it or bow to it to appease the public "opinion". i can only hope that this is just the people i'm currently so angry with an idea of a bad joke.
____
Idiocracy, Fog of war, Enemy Image, Zeitgeist, Addendum, Zeitgeist Refuted, B. and B. two faces of the same coin... So what is the truth?
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:19 pm

Oh God, another one.

First of all, people dying from very hot summers has happened every summer throughout history. We have always heard that we need to check up on the very young and the elderly during hot spells of the summer. So, your idea that people will die from extremely hot summers due to "global warming"....fail.

Second of all, yes, Al Gore is a hack. Gore goes around preaching all this global warming bullsh*t to everyone...but what's the truth about his own house? Well, according to the Tennessee Center for Policy Research, Al Gore's house uses 20 times more energy than that of the average American.

http://www.tennesseepolicy.org/main/art ... cle_id=367

"The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh—more than 20 times the national average.

In total, Gore paid nearly $30,000 in combined electricity and natural gas bills for his Nashville estate in 2006."

Then there was the time he came to an event in an SUV which was kept on with the air conditioner running.

So I'm afraid I can't take him seriously at this time when he doesn't even buy into his own bullsh*t.

I go to the University of Texas and have had to take Biology and Geology and have discussed the idea of global warming with both of the professors I've had for these classes. Both have Ph. D's and do research. It's really amazing what you learn when you talk to people who are not in Gore or Soros's pocket.

According to both of them, there is no global warming in the form Al Gore talks about. As a matter of fact, the largest irritant of the ozone and cause of climate change is the toxins put into the atmosphere by volcanoes.

So, are you willing to plug up all the earths volcanoes, which I'm sure will cause a pretty reaction when the heat and pressure can't escape from the core of the earth?

missycartman

Postby missycartman » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:10 pm

so..............lets build a snowman :D
have fun in the snow :mrgreen:
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:21 pm

If you build me a snowman, then I'll build one for you!
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”