The Metal Thread

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

TOTAL_BRUTAL

Re: The Metal Thread

Postby TOTAL_BRUTAL » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:51 pm

You name it, man, I've probably heard it. Lazarus A.D. is one of the best up-and-coming thrash bands out there, if you ask me. And who the hell DOESNT remember Superjoint Ritual. Personally I love em, but I was always more partial to Down myself for some reason. Love sludge metal. Been listening to a LOT of Crowbar, Acid Bath, Down, Superjoint, as you mentioned, and Eyehategod as of late.
Starchild91

Postby Starchild91 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:42 pm

I think folk metal is quite awesome. I'm really interested in old Norwegian folklores and other old stories about vikings and stuff. My favourite band is Lumsk. Their first album was definitely the most metal-like, and their second one was kinda metal-like, and the third one wasn't really that metal-like at all. It's kinda sad when artists/bands do that. They start out really good, but then just end up being really watered-down and ... bleh.

But Lumsk are definitely one of my favourite bands. I think they're in the process of making a new album, with a new singer and everything. Hopefully it'll be better than their last album, and go back to the first or the second one. The second one had more story to it, with lots of folklore stuff. But the first one had much more viking stories, and was cooler that way. I don't think the third one had enough metal in it, and it all sounded too... Happy. :P

Ok, I'll stop ranting now, as I'm sure this isn't that interesting to anyone. :)

- I Lytinne Två
- I Trollehender

- Dunker
- Nøkken

- Høstnat
- Om Hundrede Aar Er Alting Glemt

Dean Winchester: Cherub?
Castiel: Yeah, they're all over the world. There are dozens of them.
Dean Winchester: You mean the little, flying, fat kids in diapers?
Castiel: They're not incontinent.
TOTAL_BRUTAL

Postby TOTAL_BRUTAL » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:31 pm

I'm not too big into folk metal, but I do like Fintroll. Does that count? Early Lumsk, as u mentioned, is pretty good too. Other than that, I can't really get into much folk metal.
TOTAL_BRUTAL

Postby TOTAL_BRUTAL » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:05 pm

Anyone here a fan of straight up, no-frills florida death metal?

Been in touch with former Death/Massacre guitarist Rick Rozz via facebook for the past few months and apparently he's got a new band called M. Inc. Nothing fancy about it, really, but some of the heaviest sh*t I've heard in years, and their vocalist is so good it's f*cking scary. Check em out if you're into that sort of stuff. N dont be shy to contact rick, he's one of the coolest guys you'll ever meet.

http://www.myspace.com/rozz1967
Ye Black Knight

Postby Ye Black Knight » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:51 pm

[red_as_the_blood_of_the_Innocent]Lo, for this knight hath slaked his thirst for metal from thine new'eth disk of unholy odes by Lords Grand Magus!
"Hammer of the North"!
Behold:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPLiZ2ePZTs

This post now concludeth![/red_as_the_blood_of_the_Innocent_now_concludeth]
TOTAL_BRUTAL

Postby TOTAL_BRUTAL » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:37 am

Just read recently that guitarist/vocalist Adam "Nergal" Darski of Behemoth, one of my favorite blackened death metal bands, has been diagnosed with advanced stage leukemia. The only hope he has of surviving is a bone marrow transplant.

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/de ... wsid=59196

Very sad news. His fiancee has already donated marrow but they still need to confirm the compatability via DNA.
ScUmFoX

Postby ScUmFoX » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:24 am

I love the classics like Maiden, Pantera, OLD Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Motley Crue, Van Halen, WASP, and all those guys.

I am also a HUGE GWAR fan. They play some very quirky metal. They consisted of a buncha music geeks from 1988 to 1994 or so, and wrote very unique music. They used the jazz scale, chromatic notes, pinched harmonics, odd tunings (one song from 1990 has the bass tuned C,C,G,D#), and general badassery. They also have a great lyricist with them, Dave Brockie. If they didn't wear the costumes, they'd still be just as popular

I hate new screamo metal. It's not music, it's noise. It makes no sense.
Sometimes you have to burn everything down so you can have nothing at all
evilcupcake72

Postby evilcupcake72 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:15 am

ScUmFoX wrote:I love the classics like Maiden, Pantera, OLD Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Motley Crue, Van Halen, WASP, and all those guys.

I am also a HUGE GWAR fan. They play some very quirky metal. They consisted of a buncha music geeks from 1988 to 1994 or so, and wrote very unique music. They used the jazz scale, chromatic notes, pinched harmonics, odd tunings (one song from 1990 has the bass tuned C,C,G,D#), and general badassery. They also have a great lyricist with them, Dave Brockie. If they didn't wear the costumes, they'd still be just as popular

I hate new screamo metal. It's not music, it's noise. It makes no sense.

Oh I love GWAR, I think it would be cool to go to one of their concerts one day
I too am more a fan of the classics, but I confess to being a teeny bit of a screamo fag (but don't worry, there's only like 3 bands I like anymore)
PopRocksAndSoda

Back off, snickerdick!
I wanna ride your Rapidash ;D
TOTAL_BRUTAL

Postby TOTAL_BRUTAL » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:57 am

You have NO idea what you're missing if you haven't seen GWAR live. I've seen them twice. Probably the most entertaining live show by any metal band by far. And they're really tight, musicwise.
Peg

Postby Peg » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:50 am

Gwar, the name kinda reminds me of Gnarkill. XD Someome knows them? It's not even metal but more kind of a punky/parody style. I love them, their songs are hilarious and most of the times have gross lyrics.

I got an erection (my fav for obvious reasons :lol:): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyVwBMCezQM

Mustard Man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGTHoMUU8BY

Skeletor Vs. Beastman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GZzC3E8 ... verified=1
Oh hi. So, how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato.
*slow clap*
TOTAL_BRUTAL

Postby TOTAL_BRUTAL » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:07 pm

I'll admit, Gnarkill is hilarious, but I'd still go to a GWAR show over a Gnarkill show any day.
TOTAL_BRUTAL

Postby TOTAL_BRUTAL » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:55 pm

Bump.

A year from tomorrow, which will be 11/11/11, should be declared national Nigel Tufnel day!
An_Underachiever

Postby An_Underachiever » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:29 pm

Boo hoo, even the metalheads and goths (that I know) of my school listen to poser music. I'm so lonely...

The Faceless is a great band. Kalmah and Skyfire too.
Also some indie artists that play metal like this dude called Hiroyas "Iron" Chino. He plays neoclassical metal songs that are remixes of game music and I love his solos.
TOTAL_BRUTAL

Postby TOTAL_BRUTAL » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:19 am

I haven't listened to Kalmah in a long time. The last album I bought was The Black Waltz. Killer album. I've been in a Meshuggah mode for the past 5 days, though, and I just pulled out a few of my Deicide albums and gave them each a spin today. Another band I'd inadvertantly strayed away from, even though they're awesome.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”