Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to son

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

angeldeb82
Posts: 4124
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:42 pm

Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to son

Postby angeldeb82 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:14 am

Story

All I can say is... Congrats!
Still the same as it ever was.
zzyzx
Posts: 967
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to son

Postby zzyzx » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:21 am

Thanks for posting this, angeldeb82. I was wondering about this baby as I really haven't heard anything about the baby since the Republican Convention in the Summer.

As for the baby's grandmother (Sarah Palin), another case of do as I say, not as I do (in her beliefs on this subject).

As for me, I am glad to hear that the baby is healthy. Welcome to the world, little one.
BRMBug
Posts: 18534
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:43 am

Re: Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to son

Postby BRMBug » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:40 am

And now we have a GILF-y Governor.
Just thought I'd make an attempt to be the first one to say it.
superiorsavior
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to son

Postby superiorsavior » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:03 am

Why are people still talking about this woman? She's had her fifteen minutes outside Alaska.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Kelly MacCornmac
Posts: 6142
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:05 am

Re: Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to son

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:14 am

And so do many others.... why does this one matter more?
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others


SPU! Join it!
zzyzx
Posts: 967
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to son

Postby zzyzx » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:17 am

"You betcha! I can see Russia from my house!" :lol:
missycartman
Posts: 7287
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:06 am

Re: Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to son

Postby missycartman » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:21 pm

Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston is the name !
Just_Jackie
Posts: 1409
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 1:38 am

Re: Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to son

Postby Just_Jackie » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:18 pm

zzyzx wrote:As for the baby's grandmother (Sarah Palin), another case of do as I say, not as I do (in her beliefs on this subject).


Excuse me? When Sarah Palin was faced with a troubled pregnancy she carried it to term as well. So, how is this, "do as I say, not as I do", other than the fact you are just using Bristol's pregnancy to kick Sarah Palin just because you don't like her?

It would have been "do as I say not as I do" if Sarah would have herself, had an abortion while forcing Bristol to have her baby.

And it should be obvious why people are still talking about Sarah Palin. There are people already talking about her being on the conservative ticket in 2012. She is by no means old news. Not to mention we do live in a celebrity obsessed society. If stories about Sarah or Bristol Palin will still sell magazines or get visitors to websites where they can be advertised to, stories about them are still going to run. Watch to see how long before either some pap snaps a picture of the baby or before the million dollar offers from magazines like People start coming in for the first pictures.
zzyzx
Posts: 967
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to son

Postby zzyzx » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:54 pm

Just_Jackie wrote:
zzyzx wrote:As for the baby's grandmother (Sarah Palin), another case of do as I say, not as I do (in her beliefs on this subject).


Excuse me? When Sarah Palin was faced with a troubled pregnancy she carried it to term as well. So, how is this, "do as I say, not as I do", other than the fact you are just using Bristol's pregnancy to kick Sarah Palin just because you don't like her?


1. Sarah Palin's words, I was referring to were that she was opposed in her Republican platform that Sarah supports that is opposed to teenaged pregnancy and pregnancy without marriage. Yet her daughter had a baby as a teenager without marriage.

2. You say: ". . .Sarah Palin just because you don't like her?" I never said I didn't like here. Never. I think she's a fool, that she's stupid, and a lot of other things, but I never said that I didn't like her. In fact, I feel sorry for her.
Pip Tweek
Posts: 5101
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:15 am

Re: Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to son

Postby Pip Tweek » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:16 pm

Retracted because of offense taken.
Last edited by Pip Tweek on Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just_Jackie
Posts: 1409
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 1:38 am

Re: Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to son

Postby Just_Jackie » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:19 pm

zzyzx wrote:
Just_Jackie wrote:
zzyzx wrote:As for the baby's grandmother (Sarah Palin), another case of do as I say, not as I do (in her beliefs on this subject).


Excuse me? When Sarah Palin was faced with a troubled pregnancy she carried it to term as well. So, how is this, "do as I say, not as I do", other than the fact you are just using Bristol's pregnancy to kick Sarah Palin just because you don't like her?


1. Sarah Palin's words, I was referring to were that she was opposed in her Republican platform that Sarah supports that is opposed to teenaged pregnancy and pregnancy without marriage. Yet her daughter had a baby as a teenager without marriage.

2. You say: ". . .Sarah Palin just because you don't like her?" I never said I didn't like here. Never. I think she's a fool, that she's stupid, and a lot of other things, but I never said that I didn't like her. In fact, I feel sorry for her.


Well, honestly, I feel sorry for you.

Bristol Palin's mistake has nothing to do with Sarah Palins ability to perform her job as governor or as VP if she would have won. Obama has said it, Biden has said it...and I agree.

Bristol is an individual, separate from her mother. She, as an unexpierenced youth, made a mistake. Does a child making a mistake mean their parents is a bad parent or unable to do their job?

Sarah Palin not only disagrees with sex before marriage, but believes that if you do get pregnant before marriage that you don't have an abortion but take responsibility and raise the child, which is exactly what happened in this case. Her daughter made a mistake, and took responsibility so I'm sure Sarah Palin is very proud of her daughter. Making a mistake is something that we all have done, except for you apparently that you feel the need to go around placing judgement on people. I guess none of us had the privelidge of being born perfect.
Last edited by Just_Jackie on Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18830
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to son

Postby Big-Will » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:21 pm

zzyzx wrote:Republican platform ... is opposed to teenaged pregnancy and pregnancy without marriage. Yet her daughter had a baby as a teenager without marriage.

Yes, yes, but being happy that a new life has come into the world does not mean teen pregnancy should be encouraged.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Just_Jackie
Posts: 1409
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 1:38 am

Re: Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to son

Postby Just_Jackie » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:25 pm

Pip Tweek wrote:Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to son?

Oh, yay, just the what the world needs - MORE STUPID


Way to be insensitive...

Some people who are liberal are way to mean. The candidates all agree the families should be off limits, so why can't everyone else? Jesus Christ..

There is no way any member of the Palin family is anywhere near as stupid as that comment was.
Pip Tweek
Posts: 5101
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:15 am

Re: Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to son

Postby Pip Tweek » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:44 pm

Just_Jackie wrote:[

Way to be insensitive...

Some people who are liberal are way to mean. The candidates all agree the families should be off limits, so why can't everyone else? Jesus Christ..

There is no way any member of the Palin family is anywhere near as stupid as that comment was.


Sorry for the sacred cow-tipping. It's just that I have so little interest in the family lives of politicians, I thought my remark was just snarky at best, not offensive. I edited my original post just to show I meant no harm.
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6121
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Re: Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to son

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:44 pm

I have to laugh at how any discussion about Palin's kid getting knocked up immediately jumps to abortion. And that completely misses the point of why this story is so hypocritical for conservatives. The same idiots who try and say abstinence-only sex education will prevent/reduce teen pregnancy turn around and applaud some stupid, but well-connected teenager for getting dicked in high school and "doing the right thing".

C'mon, she's the governor's goddamn kid, it was never an issue whether or not she'd have the time or resources to raise this kid. The abortion angle on this story seems to assume that for any accidental pregnancy, the default reaction is to terminate it regardless of circumstance.

But the issue here is obviously sex & contraceptive education in America. It's clear nobody said to this Levi kid, "If your gonna screw around, use a muthaf*ckin' condom, dillweed! They rarely break, it'll feel just fine, and you'll have control over your respective lives."
Otherwise you'll have to drop out of school and work for somebody your dad knows. (That's what they mean by "dropped out of high school to become an electrician's apprentice".)

18 years old is too frickin' young to be starting a family. Life's short, it's true, but not so short that you can't put off reproducing until your 20's.
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 2 guests