Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to son

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Just_Jackie

Re: Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to son

Postby Just_Jackie » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:01 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:But the issue here is obviously sex & contraceptive education in America. It's clear nobody said to this Levi kid, "If your gonna screw around, use a muthaf*ckin' condom, dillweed! They rarely break, it'll feel just fine, and you'll have control over your respective lives."

Okay. Question. And before I ask this question I want to make it clear the point of view I'm coming from. (BTW It's all good Pip-Tweek)

This question is coming from the point of view of a single straight woman at the age of 28 years.

Do you know how hard (if not damn near IMPOSSIBLE) it is to get a man to wear a condom? I'm going to reveal a bit of TMI info here and state that my first time was when I was 19 and the guy was 32. You would think at 32 he would understand the importance of condoms. I insisted on a condom and he tried to embarrass me out of my request by saying the only way he would wear it is if I put it on him. IDK, I guess he thought I wouldn't want to put it on. The point being is that males hate condoms so thinking that even telling him that would have caused him to actually wear it is, well, silly. Men twice his age don't want to wear them!

At that age kids (in general, not only ones with conservative parents ffs) are not stupid, just very inexperienced and naive. As someone who does consider herself left of center, I would expect people who views themselves as more liberal to be able to understand that and see that Bristol and Levi do infact live in the real world. Instead, all I see is judgement because people don't like her mother. It's very dissapointing to me and it's one reason why I won't call myself a "liberal" anymore.
zzyzx

Postby zzyzx » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:16 am

angeldeb82 wrote:Story

All I can say is... Congrats!

superiorsavior wrote:Why are people still talking about this woman? She's had her fifteen minutes outside Alaska.

Just_Jackie wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:But the issue here is obviously sex & contraceptive education in America. It's clear nobody said to this Levi kid, "If your gonna screw around, use a muthaf*ckin' condom, dillweed! They rarely break, it'll feel just fine, and you'll have control over your respective lives."

Okay. Question. And before I ask this question I want to make it clear the point of view I'm coming from. This question is coming from the point of view of a single straight woman at the age of 28 years.
(And some more stuff) and then:

It's very dissapointing to me and it's one reason why I won't call myself a "liberal" anymore.

So let me get this straight: This off-topic (of South Park) thread was started by angeldeb82 with a post of the story of Sarah Palin's grandchild. A question was asked in this thread as to why people are still talking about this? Sarah had her 15 minutes of fame. Then we get into details of Just_Jackie's personal life (too much information), ending in JJ claiming she no longer considers herself a liberal? What does that have to do with Sarah Palin's grandson? This is the "Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to a son" thread, and the conclusion is JJ is no longer a liberal? :?

btw, "liberal" is derived from "liberty," a concept of which this country was founded. Ever hear the phases, for example: "For liberty, and justice, for all"? How about "No deprivation of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?"

Well, if you don't want to be associated with the concept of "liberty" that's your business. Whether one calls one's self "Conservative" or "Liberal" or something else, I can't believe you don't want to be called a "liberal" whose very name came from "liberty" because Sarah Palin had a grandson? The birth of someone's baby has the power to change the way you consider yourself? Babies are born everyday. People don't change their politics because this one or that one had a baby :?

This thread started with the story of the birth and now discusses someone who won't go under the moniker of "liberal." The birth of a baby (that I assume you had nothing to do with) changed you from a liberal? :?
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:20 am

Dude, you are a judgemental douchebag and I don't give a f*ck what you think about what I wrote. If spending your time passing judgement on 18 year old girls that you don't know, whatever. If you aren't prepared to have your opinion picked apart, and in my case used as an example of why I don't call myself a liberal, than my advice would be to stay off of forums. God knows you would do me a huge favor if you would stay off of this one. These threads are not dictated by what you think they should be about, so if you don't like it PLEASE take note of where the door is.
zzyzx

Postby zzyzx » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:28 am

Just_Jackie wrote:These threads are not dictated by what you think they should be about, so if you don't like it PLEASE take note of where the door is.

That's right. This thread is "Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to son," and that's just what I think this thread should be about. It's in the title. All you have to do is look at the top of the page. The thread is not about JJ's abandonment of being a "liberal" or what you do in private. This is the "Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to a son thread," not "JJ will talk about random stuff about herself" thread.

btw, there are active random threads on this BBS for you to write random things, if you so choose.
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:33 am

zzyzx wrote:
Just_Jackie wrote:These threads are not dictated by what you think they should be about, so if you don't like it PLEASE take note of where the door is.

That's right. This thread is "Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to son," and that's just what I think this thread should be about. It's in the title. All you have to do is look at the top of the page. The thread is not about JJ's abandonment of being a "liberal" or what you do in private. This is the "Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to a son thread," not "JJ will talk about random stuff about herself" thread.

btw, there are active random threads on this BBS for you to write random things, if you so choose.

zzyzx

Postby zzyzx » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:56 am

You are off-topic. This is the "Sarah Plin's daughter gives birth to son" thread. I did not create this thread and the topic of what I think "these threads are not dictated by what you think they should be about" is a non-sequitur. I think the thread should be about what the author says, and not a random place to unload your burdens. We have active random threads for that.

Follow your own advice for you being off-topic in this thread:

Just_Jackie wrote:if you don't like it PLEASE take note of where the door is.

Just_Jackie wrote:Dude, you are a judgemental douchebag and I don't give a f*ck what you think about what I wrote.

What judgement I am pronouncing? Other than you are off-topic? And if you don't care about what I say, why the tirade against me? I had nothing to do with Sarah Palin's daughter giving birth to a son. You talked about yourself off-topic.

Back on-topic, I wish the child a good life, and a long and healthy life.
Last edited by zzyzx on Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 am

zzyzx

Postby zzyzx » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:14 am

^ Off -Topic! Put that picture in your own thread which you created called: "icanhascheezburger haz nu syte!!!11111"

On-Topic:

In today's economy, many people are out of work, losing their homes, and are hungry. At least Sarah Palin's grandson won't have any money worries growing up, he will always have a roof over his head, and will never be hungry.
Frosty_D

Postby Frosty_D » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:19 am

I do not think I am supposed to post, but......

Z wrote:Then we get into details of Just_Jackie's personal life (too much information), ending in JJ claiming she no longer considers herself a liberal? What does that have to do with Sarah Palin's grandson? This is the "Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to a son" thread, and the conclusion is JJ is no longer a liberal? :?

Your right, it has nothing to the thread, but the tread has gotten off topic a few posts before and it seems like she was reponding to that...

JJ wrote:Dude, you are a judgemental douchebag and I don't give a f*ck what you think about what I wrote. If spending your time passing judgement on 18 year old girls that you don't know, whatever. If you aren't prepared to have your opinion picked apart, and in my case used as an example of why I don't call myself a liberal, than my advice would be to stay off of forums. God knows you would do me a huge favor if you would stay off of this one. These threads are not dictated by what you think they should be about, so if you don't like it PLEASE take note of where the door is.

Calling names isn't going to help anything :/. Attack the argument, not the person...

Z wrote:That's right. This thread is "Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to son," and that's just what I think this thread should be about. It's in the title. All you have to do is look at the top of the page. The thread is not about JJ's abandonment of being a "liberal" or what you do in private. This is the "Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to a son thread," not "JJ will talk about random stuff about herself" thread.

You see.... threads can get off topic easily, and like I said, she could be referincing to an ealier post. Maybe she was using her life to show you why she belives in what she belives.

Z: I think she knows where her thread is :roll: you don't really need to tell us vets what threads to go on, we pretty much know about the board.... Sure it was off topic, but she was responding to you.
---
Okay, I will take my leave and hope I don't get perm banned.
zzyzx

Postby zzyzx » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:27 am

<<//off topic>> Frosty, before you go:

JJ talked about herself, and it got so off-topic that it concluded with a statement that JJ now is no longer a liberal. In the "Sarah Palin's daughter gives birth to son" thread? What does JJ's status as a liberal or not have to do with the new life that was born in Alaska?

Then JJ started to go further off-topic by name calling me here. This is not the thread called: "Let's name call zzyzx." And in another thread she called me "an idiot" to someone who asked a question relating to copyright law. I was called "a judgemental douchebag" in this thread when all I was doing was wondering why this child's birth caused JJ to stop being a liberal? I don't care what JJ calls herself, but why call me names? What did I do? And later I was the butt of a joke in still a third thread where JJ joked, and I quote: "ROTF Yea, be careful. The OT Police may come in and get you :lol: ".

Well, maybe they should, JJ. Will?

I don't want to get on the wrong foot with JJ, I really don't. Up until now I have always respected her posts. They were always interesting. I never had the opportunity to respond to a JJ post before. But to call me names? And for JJ to abuse me on the BBS? Note that I never called anyone names at any time. But JJ called me names many times. That's against the rules of the BBS. I know of some people (I don't know them personally) who got banned from this forum for less; abuse against other BBS users is not allowed in any forum on the interwebs.<<//off topic>>

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”