Old SP reunion members

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

RacheyraE

Re: Old SP reunion members

Postby RacheyraE » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:25 pm

AngusMcTavish wrote:Here we go, for the occasion:
http://angusmctavish.deviantart.com/art ... -438482007

Thanks to everyone here, past and present.

Congratulations on ten years! Cute picture~

--

I definitely have to agree with a lot of what Niels said. This website altered the course of my life. Most of my major life decisions and closest friendships can be traced back to when I signed up for this forum while I was sick over Christmas break all those years ago. Weird, right?

As for the show itself, while I've continued to watch episodes as they've aired over the years, the obsession did die out. Recently, when my life took an unexpected turn, I've found myself returning to my old obsession and it, along with friends and family, pulled me out of a dark place I never expected to be. Like KSWF, even when I claim other shows are better, South Park will always be my favorite.
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:23 am

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:Eh, I don't tend to be nearly as fanatical about the show as I was back when I joined here. Great times were had though and I'm glad I got to know many of the people I met here even if we don't have much contact anymore.

Though my interest in SP has definitely been gaining since I've been playing SOT pretty obsessively for the last few days. It does have Tweek after all...

At least you still got to keep your image signature. On my old account (that is going on 10 years this coming January), it was hosted on imageshack, so I couldn't change at all as I had no access to that exact filename/url location. So I kept it until the day it died on imageshack. Then I finally went with text only. ;_;
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:54 am

Joined in late 2007 or January 2008....it was somewhere around then. This is a second account due to a "civil war" with noobs and wannabes. Will banished many because of that. Good times. Good times 8) :twisted:

While the show is still somewhat existant in me, and like most I will be sad when it goes, to me I am thrilled that they made the "Stick of Truth" and that the show does syndication (although I'm STILL waiting on why they won't do over season 10 any of that!! :evil: ).

It's unfortunate with me....I start a phase in my life, live constantly on it for 3-4 years, and then it slowly withers and dies away. So that would put me at early 2012 when this started, which sounds about right as to the time I started to go away a little. Again while the show is still part of my life, I felt it going away with the not so great storylines of the past 2/3 seasons. (basically after the Coon Episodes...those were awesome!)

One of my best friends was a forum member, and although he's not on here today, I am still honored to know and be friends with some of you and I hope that these friendships will remain long after the show ends. :)
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
ThatSaltyDog

Postby ThatSaltyDog » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:49 am

Ahaha, well, I remember being here under some embarrassing username that I conveniently seem to have forgotten. But I was here quite a long time ago. I remember being on this website when I was in elementary school, and I've been out of high school for a long while now, so.
Hello again! :timmy:
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:51 am

RacheyraE wrote:
AngusMcTavish wrote:Here we go, for the occasion:
http://angusmctavish.deviantart.com/art ... -438482007

Thanks to everyone here, past and present.

Congratulations on ten years! Cute picture~

Aw, thanks, RacheyraE! *hug*

And welcome back to the forum!
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:37 pm

In addition to being a great game, it's nice to see the Stick of Truth has brought some familiar names around. 8) Or at least they should be familiar. Damn you brain!

You read it! You can't unread it!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:09 am

You're gonna have to poke it with a q-tip later to teach it a lesson.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:51 pm

Oh man, I joined the big dumb party a few weeks late! I randomly had the urge to check in on this place earlier today - strange to think it's been 8+ since I first started posting here. Does anybody know what happened to some of our more notorious - if you will - members, such as Stovepipe Jam? :V

EDIT: I'm now being a vein and sexy motherf*cker by reading all of my old posts!! Holy sh*t I was the worst!!
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:58 am

No friggin' idea. I haven't heard from any one of his 1700 aliases in years.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:28 am

Jay C wrote:Oh man, I joined the big dumb party a few weeks late! I randomly had the urge to check in on this place earlier today - strange to think it's been 8+ since I first started posting here. Does anybody know what happened to some of our more notorious - if you will - members, such as Stovepipe Jam? :V

EDIT: I'm now being a vein and sexy motherf*cker by reading all of my old posts!! Holy sh*t I was the worst!!

Haha, you weren't the worst. I can think of quite a few members who were worse than you. Hell, I was one of them... ;)
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Fri May 02, 2014 3:05 am

Hey, guys. I really don’t know what to say, other than has it really been three years?

To be honest, my interest in South Park fizzled sometime between 2008 and 2009, but I ultimately stayed for the people here. This was a great community, especially eight years ago, and I am grateful to have known it, although my immaturity and hunger for attention probably deterred people from actually including me in the community. Now I very seldom set foot on the internet due to real life, but occasionally this forum and its members (especially the older ones) come to mind. Although I’m no longer interested in the show, South Park will always remain an important part of my life thanks to this forum.

I’m currently doing clinicals at an inner-city hospital. I’ve learned tons from my patients’ stories and learned to count my blessings and treat the person rather than the pathology. It gets kind of heavy at times, and I’m there up to 13 hours a day, but it’s rewarding. I’m also extremely busy with planning conferences and professional development workshops for students. There is also a man in my life but we are not talking engagement until he finishes his MBA in 2015. I also have a rekindled interest in swing dancing.

And now some unfinished business to attend to:

Will, per a facetious comment you made back in 2007, I finally got out more and enjoyed it so much I just might stay. I like the outdoors, except for all of the stinging insects and melanoma risk.

Bug, I’m sorry for going off on you right before my departure, and for any grief it might have caused. Your brand of humor must have unintentionally triggered some residual PTSD, plus there was a lot going on at the time. I failed to recognize that you were playful with everyone. Keep being a beacon of good humor and community spirit.

2006 crowd (Shane, Kailey, RacheyraE, Schantrac, whomever else), you all seemed like such amazing people, and I just wish my maturity levels and willingness to socialize had been higher. To be honest, it might have been the fear of rejection that prevented me from reaching out. I also apologize for dropping contact with many of you.

Max (aka Twinneh), I know you don’t use this forum anymore, but I miss you tons and tons and tons. We were practically identical in so many ways, and you were always respectful and willing to lend a listening ear.

PT and Angus, you are very admirable for treating everyone with respect and reaching out to those who needed it the most. You are also very approachable and laid back. I had a clinical instructor who reminded me of you both. She was brilliant.

To someone who will not be named, I was very much in love with you, but afraid to tell you, again, for fear of rejection. When I discovered you had a girl I was devastated, but knew I had to let you go and not get in the way of your happiness. I love the man in my life, but part of my heart will always belong to you.

I’m sorry for losing contact with so many of you. To those of you I have wronged, I apologize. To those of you who offered support, thank you. Please take care of yourselves.

Much love,

Dr. BT
Illegitimi non carborundum.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:02 am

It's wonderful to hear you're doing well, BT! You were always a joy to talk to, here and elsewhere. I'm glad you came back, albeit briefly, to check in. I don't really post anymore, myself, but I drop in periodically.

Best of luck to you and yours! Hopefully we can chat more sometime!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri May 02, 2014 10:15 pm

The ride never ends.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Mon May 05, 2014 12:22 am

Blue Twilight wrote:Hey, guys. I really don’t know what to say, other than has it really been three years?

To be honest, my interest in South Park fizzled sometime between 2008 and 2009, but I ultimately stayed for the people here. This was a great community, especially eight years ago, and I am grateful to have known it, although my immaturity and hunger for attention probably deterred people from actually including me in the community. Now I very seldom set foot on the internet due to real life, but occasionally this forum and its members (especially the older ones) come to mind. Although I’m no longer interested in the show, South Park will always remain an important part of my life thanks to this forum.

I’m currently doing clinicals at an inner-city hospital. I’ve learned tons from my patients’ stories and learned to count my blessings and treat the person rather than the pathology. It gets kind of heavy at times, and I’m there up to 13 hours a day, but it’s rewarding. I’m also extremely busy with planning conferences and professional development workshops for students. There is also a man in my life but we are not talking engagement until he finishes his MBA in 2015. I also have a rekindled interest in swing dancing.

And now some unfinished business to attend to:

Will, per a facetious comment you made back in 2007, I finally got out more and enjoyed it so much I just might stay. I like the outdoors, except for all of the stinging insects and melanoma risk.

Bug, I’m sorry for going off on you right before my departure, and for any grief it might have caused. Your brand of humor must have unintentionally triggered some residual PTSD, plus there was a lot going on at the time. I failed to recognize that you were playful with everyone. Keep being a beacon of good humor and community spirit.

2006 crowd (Shane, Kailey, RacheyraE, Schantrac, whomever else), you all seemed like such amazing people, and I just wish my maturity levels and willingness to socialize had been higher. To be honest, it might have been the fear of rejection that prevented me from reaching out. I also apologize for dropping contact with many of you.

Max (aka Twinneh), I know you don’t use this forum anymore, but I miss you tons and tons and tons. We were practically identical in so many ways, and you were always respectful and willing to lend a listening ear.

PT and Angus, you are very admirable for treating everyone with respect and reaching out to those who needed it the most. You are also very approachable and laid back. I had a clinical instructor who reminded me of you both. She was brilliant.

To someone who will not be named, I was very much in love with you, but afraid to tell you, again, for fear of rejection. When I discovered you had a girl I was devastated, but knew I had to let you go and not get in the way of your happiness. I love the man in my life, but part of my heart will always belong to you.

I’m sorry for losing contact with so many of you. To those of you I have wronged, I apologize. To those of you who offered support, thank you. Please take care of yourselves.

Much love,

Dr. BT

Hello! I remember you under your old screenname of Athena1999 (I had to do a little sleuthing to remember who you are, though). Glad to hear you're doing well!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon May 05, 2014 12:49 am

Blue Twilight wrote:Will, per a facetious comment you made back in 2007, I finally got out more and enjoyed it so much I just might stay. I like the outdoors, except for all of the stinging insects and melanoma risk.

At first I thought you said "Facebook comment" and I was like "Whaaat? I wasn't on Facebook in 2007." Then I read it again and I was like "Hmmm, I should remind myself what I said." I'll do that later. :3

Best of luck to ya. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”