Old SP reunion members

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

KennyStanWendyFan

Re: Old SP reunion members

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Mon May 05, 2014 9:33 pm

It is with a heavy heart that I report the loss of Emily "Emmy" Cliff, who once posted here circa '05 through '07 under the moniker of ilovestanmarsh. Emmy had battled leukemia on and off again for half her life. Earlier this year, she was diagnosed with terminal cancer, which quickly spread to her spine and brain. Earlier today, Emmy passed away. Words cannot express the pain that we're all feeling today, but there is reassurance in the knowledge that Emmy will never feel pain again.

Thank you for everything, Emmy. Goodbye.
August 15, 1989 - May 5, 2014
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue May 06, 2014 4:20 am

ah. :cry:
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Sat May 10, 2014 6:39 am

I'm going to be honest. I'm still in complete shock and saddened by Emmy's passing. I remember posting with her on this very forum, thinking 2005 or so. I believe I was friends with her on MySpace. We had a few things in common (Favorite character, lived in the same state) Very upbeat person. Lost touch over the years. Really sad. She was only 24.

Here's her obit
http://host.madison.com/news/local/obit ... 21329.html
Stan and Kyle :)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat May 10, 2014 7:39 am

I remember the name, but her posts are gone. They shouldn't be unless she had asked me to delete them. My own posts go back to 2003. :o

She left behind this legacy:
DeviantArt: http://ilovestanmarsh.deviantart.com/
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/ilovestanmarsh
Photobucket: http://s6.photobucket.com/user/ilovesta ... t=3&page=1

A few other pages mention her, but nothing in there worth linking to.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Sat May 10, 2014 9:19 pm

She was talented in every form of art she did; drawing, painting, singing, and even jewelry making. She was never pessimistic or depressed. Despite what life threw at her, she took it in stride and always smiled. She was a wonderful friend. I was very honored that I could attend her funeral and be a pallbearer for her casket.

The hardest part wasn't seeing her body. It wasn't looking at her burial site and telling myself she's no longer with us. It was looking at the Kyle doll on her bed, days after she passed. She taught me as much in life as she has in death. Miss you very much, Emmy.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Sun May 11, 2014 4:44 am

Big-Will wrote:I remember the name, but her posts are gone. They shouldn't be unless she had asked me to delete them. My own posts go back to 2003. :o

She left behind this legacy:
DeviantArt: http://ilovestanmarsh.deviantart.com/
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/ilovestanmarsh
Photobucket: http://s6.photobucket.com/user/ilovesta ... t=3&page=1

A few other pages mention her, but nothing in there worth linking to.

It turns out that she went by the username of tweekslady here. She used ilovestanmarsh elsewhere.

I, too, had the privilege of being a pallbearer for Emmy. It was such an honor.

I'm so broken right now. If I had known Ohayocon 2008 would've been the last time I'd see her, I would've hugged her a lot tighter before I left and not let go for a long, long time.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun May 11, 2014 5:19 am

A look back at her post history, then.

And her ilovestanlymarsh history (I was missing the -ly, heh)

KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Sun May 11, 2014 5:52 pm

Big-Will wrote:A look back at her post history, then.

And her ilovestanlymarsh history (I was missing the -ly, heh)

Thank you for sharing these links! I'm taking a nostalgic trip down memory lane. :)
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Mon May 12, 2014 3:16 am

Is this a real story about someone who died? How did people learn that Emmy had died? And why are people I’m guessing lying about being her pallbearer and things like that? I feel bad that someone died. She was from before I was here though. I will take some time and read her old posts.
What seems to be the officer problem?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon May 12, 2014 6:01 am

Yes, it's a real story. We learned about it on Facebook first, since we hang out there more than here, then came back here to reminisce.

KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Mon May 12, 2014 7:34 pm

JamesPup wrote:Is this a real story about someone who died? How did people learn that Emmy had died? And why are people I’m guessing lying about being her pallbearer and things like that? I feel bad that someone died. She was from before I was here though. I will take some time and read her old posts.

Seriously? Yes, we met her over the internet, but we're adults with jobs and incomes. We are capable of travelling the country to meet with our friends over the internet. Though Niels and I had only met Emmy once back in 2008, we still considered her a close friend. When we heard that Emmy had died, we both made it a point to attend her funeral and console her boyfriend Schan. It was a last-minute decision on the part of the family to let Niels and me be pallbearers, but why the f*ck would we lie about that? Seriously, f*ck off.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Mon May 12, 2014 8:03 pm

Sorry I just didn’t think people were meeting with each other who met online. Just didn’t sound believable to me sorry. I wasn’t sure if people were being mean to a dead girl or what. Sorry that she died. Cancer kills many people these days and a cure must be found. I’m glad she had good friends like you guys.
What seems to be the officer problem?
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Mon May 12, 2014 8:21 pm

JamesPup wrote:Sorry I just didn’t think people were meeting with each other who met online. Just didn’t sound believable to me sorry. I wasn’t sure if people were being mean to a dead girl or what. Sorry that she died. Cancer kills many people these days and a cure must be found. I’m glad she had good friends like you guys.

Thank you. I'm hoping a cure will be found too. The University of Wisconsin Hospital where she was treated is taking donations for cancer research, so I'd like to donate sometime when I have money, but I've already spent most of my savings account on travelling. I'll give whatever I can though.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Tue May 13, 2014 8:37 am

JamesPup wrote: And why are people I’m guessing lying about being her pallbearer and things like that?

Right, because I would totally lie about anything leading up to and/or following seeing my friend dead in a casket, with her body discolored from being embalmed and filled with formaldehyde, and the subconscious destruction of my sanity taking effect.

I got no fuckin' words for you. That's a first. Consider yourself honored, but don't get used to it.

n00b.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:52 am

I skipped about a month while working a project in Alaska and I see I did not miss very much.
The summer doldrums are even more so these days.

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”