RELIGION - what? LET'S UNITE AGAINST SOCIAL CONSERVATIVES!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

miracle123

Re: RELIGION THREAD

Postby miracle123 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:06 am

Wii fit man wrote:He's quoting me, the guy who read your posts. :(

I read all the posts on this thread, but I can't possibly remember them all THAT well. I cant find where you wrote that though :(

RideTheLightning wrote:And Miracle, I think he means they are dangerous because they create wars. (Which is a failure to realize war is natural and would be fought about territories and political disagreements if religion was abandoned)

Oh, if he means that then I completely agree with you on that notion.
Kyle Is God

My YouTube Account
I'm Jewish Pride 1
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:10 am

Wii fit man wrote:I read that post, just like I read Miracle's posts! :x

Dude, chill... I read the posts too, and I have to reread them to check if I read them right, and reread them again. Some people's memories aren't that good.. they forget minor details.

Where were we at again? ah yes....

How are wars natural though?
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:11 am

There's no way of knowing that, RTL. Some lurkers may have read it. .... Creepy.

By the way, Miracle, it's at the beginning of the post right after MOOndragon's long one. And I was just kidding about reading your posts.

Anyway, I look past religon just like I do race. I'm not one of those annoying people who only likes people of their own religon.

This is my belief: There are no gods, the Earth was made by the big bang.( Before you say anything, the big bang was not cause by god) Supernatural things don't exist. Jesus was real, but he was just a good person. The bible is just filled with stories that have been changed over time. And ice cream is delicous. :mrgreen:
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:13 am

Wii fit man wrote:
This is my belief: There are no gods, the Earth was made by the big bang.

How did the big bang happen? It could not possibly come from nowhere. If the mass was there at the start, then what cause it to expand? Or do you belive in the string therory?

SPU! Join it!
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:16 am

This is a fun one to answer... The big Bang was caused by a buildup of explosive elements on a hot star. :) I'm known as the only person at school who knows that. :D
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:21 am

Yes, but how did it occur? If the mass was there all along, then it would taken an indefinite number of time to get to today. What event caused the big bang to occur? It could not come out of nothing.

SPU! Join it!
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:22 am

Kelly MacCornmac wrote:How are wars natural though?

Alright, Matt and Trey are smart guys right? You're in college, I'm finishing up high school, and they are YEARS ahead of everyone on here. So they are bound to just know more. Sure, maybe they don't have such a crazy vocabulary as SS, but it doesn't mean they know less about religion and that kind of stuff... now, in the two Go God Go episodes, they symbolize how there would be war without religion by having the three atheists groups fighting over which name is the best. This is a metaphor for all of the wars that would be sparked without religion.

Firstly, as long as a Democrat is leading the country, war shouldn't even be a problem. But when the conservatives come in (and f*ck everything up) they get into wars that can be about religion most of the time. But think of it this way, Hitler would've said, "Yes, well Germany is too small, we will take over the rest of Europe" Instead of, "Kill the Jews!". There are bad people out there they want war, and religion is just an excuse they take to have it.

Most wars are started by people like Saddam or Osama or Hitler where they use religion as an excuse to fight.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:24 am

Conservatives do f*ck things up! And Kmac, I don't know everything. You'll have to go to SS for that. :lol:
miracle123

Postby miracle123 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:02 am

Kelly MacCornmac wrote:How are wars natural though?

People like animals just tend to fight, for territory, power and plenty of other stuff, living in society always leads to disagreements and fights, it's in our nature. The wars come from the organization of such fights, which of course doesn't happen to animals because they don't have our level of intelligence.
Sounds natural enough to me.
Kyle Is God

My YouTube Account
I'm Jewish Pride 1
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:14 am

I wish it wasn't natural, though. :(
Your Shadow

Postby Your Shadow » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:29 am

Ok if god doesn't exist, and we aren't sure what caused the big bang, siimple this whole thing is like imagionary think about it. Pretend the whole universe is in your hand, think long and hard about posibilities. Then you can figure out what I just meant.

Ok I truely believe that there is a higher power, not so sure it's god or jesus but a higher power. Iv'e explained this once before.
Just call me Z-J

Check out My DA Art

OMG, OMFG, BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING CKECK THIS sh*t OUT
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:38 am

I didn't understand the first sentence of your post, but anyway, in my opinon, there are no higher powers. (except maybe Will.) :lol:
Your Shadow

Postby Your Shadow » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:08 am

You idiot, go buy some sandels.
Just call me Z-J

Check out My DA Art

M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:38 am

Welcome to the board Miracle. Yeah I can see how you didn't like what I had to say to Triplemutliplex and I can see your point of leaving the insulting out of these types of discussion. I said what I did, because as he even admited today that the way he phrases things he can end up being a jerk, and after a few years of that, well I am annoyed..He said he doesn't mean it personally, but my mind works differently. When I have no problem with someone, I don't attack their intellect, or their beliefs, or anything. There is no need to. But if someone pisses me off, they had better watch it. I have had such bad experiences in my life with fundamentalist Christians, and Atheists and people who practice black magick that now I see attacking someone's beliefs as an act of hate. If someone has different beliefs than me, but I don't see them as harming anyone, I will leave them alone. If someone isn't bothering me, then what gives me the right to challenge their beliefs?

Triple said how religions look to him as an outsider, well from my point of view as an outsider when it comes to organized atheism, the view isn't so great. When I was younger I used to think that people who are Pagan like me are in the same boat as Atheists, and that they probably wouldn't have a problem with me because they know what it is like to be discriminated against for their beliefs. Well, the only person who is an athiest who I know who lived up to that expectation is my friend I mentioned earlier. She has been cool, and she has in many ways been a nicer person than me, but certain other people, well if I was them I would want to crawl under a rock right now, because of all the unwarranted sh*t I would have been talking about people for their beliefs.I agree with what Miracle said about atheists discriminating against people with different beliefs than them. I agree because I have seen it. I am sorry, but from my point of view I have seen some of it on this board. All I have to say to Athiests who discriminate against others is congrats. You managed to keep the worst part of any religion. The part where you look down your noses at people who are different than yourselves and push your beliefs on others.What a great achievement. I would much rather be a self decieving superstitious idiot.

Seriously though, people might think I am good at debating on here, but I don't really like it. I don't like how this board is all about debating anymore, I miss how this board used to be more laid back, and I miss the two horror boards I posted at where people were just all about chilling and socializing rather than this bullsh*t you see here. Unfortunately both of those boards are closed,but one may reopen. I don't know, maybe I will go back to FearNet's message board and see if I can make some friends there. I think you get what I am trying to say. I am not happy with what the board has turned into, I haven't been happy in awhile,I have been thinking about leaving for awhile. And once I find a better board I am gone. And I have already been looking.
Your Shadow

Postby Your Shadow » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:45 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:Welcome to the board Miracle. Yeah I can see how you didn't like what I had to say to Triplemutliplex and I can see your point of leaving the insulting out of these types of discussion. I said what I did, because as he even admited today that the way he phrases things he can end up being a jerk, and after a few years of that, well I am annoyed..He said he doesn't mean it personally, but my mind works differently. When I have no problem with someone, I don't attack their intellect, or their beliefs, or anything. There is no need to. But if someone pisses me off, they had better watch it. I have had such bad experiences in my life with fundamentalist Christians, and Atheists and people who practice black magick that now I see attacking someone's beliefs as an act of hate. If someone has different beliefs than me, but I don't see them as harming anyone, I will leave them alone. If someone isn't bothering me, then what gives me the right to challenge their beliefs?

Triple said how religions look to him as an outsider, well from my point of view as an outsider when it comes to organized atheism, the view isn't so great. When I was younger I used to think that people who are Pagan like me are in the same boat as Atheists, and that they probably wouldn't have a problem with me because they know what it is like to be discriminated against for their beliefs. Well, the only person who is an athiest who I know who lived up to that expectation is my friend I mentioned earlier. She has been cool, and she has in many ways been a nicer person than me, but certain other people, well if I was them I would want to crawl under a rock right now, because of all the unwarranted sh*t I would have been talking about people for their beliefs.I agree with what Miracle said about atheists discriminating against people with different beliefs than them. I agree because I have seen it. I am sorry, but from my point of view I have seen some of it on this board. All I have to say to Athiests who discriminate against others is congrats. You managed to keep the worst part of any religion. The part where you look down your noses at people who are different than yourselves and push your beliefs on others.What a great achievement. I would much rather be a self decieving superstitious idiot.

Seriously though, people might think I am good at debating on here, but I don't really like it. I don't like how this board is all about debating anymore, I miss how this board used to be more laid back, and I miss the two horror boards I posted at where people were just all about chilling and socializing rather than this bullsh*t you see here. Unfortunately both of those boards are closed,but one may reopen. I don't know, maybe I will go back to FearNet's message board and see if I can make some friends there. I think you get what I am trying to say. I am not happy with what the board has turned into, I haven't been happy in awhile,I have been thinking about leaving for awhile. And once I find a better board I am gone. And I have already been looking.

I can understand. Just make another thread abour socializing and chilling hell i'll go there. We need some chillax round here. PS HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY :D
Just call me Z-J

Check out My DA Art

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”