RELIGION - what? LET'S UNITE AGAINST SOCIAL CONSERVATIVES!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Wii fit man

Re: RELIGION - Puttin' faith aside, gettin' down to morals

Postby Wii fit man » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:56 am

It's just that I'll neva forgive you!!!!1111!!

Yes, it is. I am atheist as well.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
JohnHorn

Postby JohnHorn » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:43 pm

Humanist, so yeah another atheist.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:48 pm

novemberm00n24 wrote:ya, what of it?

RE:

Edit:
Isn't this thread supposed to be about religion?

I am an Atheist. Morals are somewhat like a Christians: Love thy neibor and all that... Nail your neibor's wife and such!!!

I'm an Atheist.

And I see you are from St. George, Utah. :o

I bought my PSP at the Wal*Mart there! And I also know that there is a huge Mormon temple there. (I seen it in person. :mrgreen: ) A LOT of Mormons there...... :| How do you deal with it?
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Michaeloptv

Postby Michaeloptv » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:08 am

You make it sound like religion is a bad thing....

I have no problem with the Mormon Faith, Jewish Faith, or even the Catholic faith (I am Catholic :wink: ). I just wish that people would learn to respect each other and the freedom of the faith we have.

I understand that more and more people are turning athiest, and that belief is no longer a "cool" thing in our age group and at our time.

But that gives people NO right to make it sound like people who do have a religious belief are F*cked up!! :x
"Where I go, Destruction will follow"

I am a hybrid of Butters, Tweek, and Clyde.

Official Winner of Page 1900!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:46 am

I'm sorry, but I am hard-pressed to find a Mormon who doesn't hold bigoted views. I lived on the border of Nevada and Utah for a year with my sister, and went to St. George, Utah often to go shopping, and there are a lot of Mormons there, and I NEVER found one to be Liberal on social issues. Indeed, their faith is WAY deeper than any Catholic or Christian group other than the Westboro Baptist Church.
(They are the biggest donors to the Proposition 8 campaign. And they aren't even in California. ALSO, by doing so they broke the law. They should lose their tax-exempt status as a result. A church cannot use money to donate to any political issue that effects public policy, or they lose tax-exempt status, but some how, they get away with it....)

novemberm00n24, do you know where Caliente, Nevada is? I lived there for a year. :mrgreen:
novemberm00n24

Postby novemberm00n24 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:31 am

gtaca2005 wrote:

RE:

Edit:

I am an Atheist. Morals are somewhat like a Christians: Love thy neibor and all that... Nail your neibor's wife and such!!!

I'm an Atheist.

I bought my PSP at the Wal*Mart there! And I also know that there is a huge Mormon temple there. (I seen it in person. :mrgreen: ) A LOT of Mormons there...... :| How do you deal with it?

Mormans are funny! I just laugh when I see them. :lol: When I go to the Wal-Mart here, I also see a bunch of Poligamists from Colorado City, they dress like they're from the 1800's, they are also fun to laugh at!!! I have a dream to burn down the St. George Temple :lol: , but I'm to much of a nice guy to ever follow through with it...fun to think about though :D I never really see Mormans that often... I work at a coffee shop, and Mormans aren't allowed to drink coffee.

novemberm00n24, do you know where Caliente, Nevada is? I lived there for a year. Ya, I know where it is, but I've never been there... Closest I've been to there is near Enterprise or somewhere in Pine Valley. Isn't Area 51 somewhere close-ish to there?
Last edited by novemberm00n24 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sex, South Park, and Rock n Roll
SPDude666

Postby SPDude666 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:43 am

Michaeloptv wrote:I understand that more and more people are turning athiest, and that belief is no longer a "cool" thing in our age group and at our time.
You're acting like they are atheists to be 'trendy' which is extremely disrespectful, dude.

gtaca2005 wrote:I'm sorry, but I am hard-pressed to find a Mormon who doesn't hold bigoted views.

Generalization here, most mormons I know aren't. I've heard that's only in Utah...

gtaca2005 wrote:and I NEVER found one to be Liberal on social issues.

...And?

novemberm00n24 wrote:I am an Atheist. Morals are somewhat like a Christians: Love thy neibor and all that... Nail your neibor's wife and such!!!
lol....I am Christian/protestant.

gtaca2005 wrote:(They are the biggest donors to the Proposition 8 campaign. And they aren't even in California. ALSO, by doing so they broke the law. They should lose their tax-exempt status as a result. A church cannot use money to donate to any political issue that effects public policy, or they lose tax-exempt status, but some how, they get away with it....)
Dude, have you ever actually SEEN it happen? :|
Taking the banner of the holy Marsh! Death to the vile lard!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:53 am

novemberm00n24 wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:

RE:

Edit:

I'm an Atheist.

Mormans are funny! I just laugh when I see them. :lol: When I go to the Wal-Mart here, I also see a bunch of Poligamists from Colorado City, they dress like they're from the 1800's, they are also fun to laugh at!!! I have a dream to burn down the St. George Temple :lol: , but I'm to much of a nice guy to ever follow through with it...fun to think about though :D I never really see Mormans that often... I work at a coffee shop, and Mormans aren't allowed to drink coffee.

novemberm00n24, do you know where Caliente, Nevada is? I lived there for a year. Ya, I know where it is, but I've never been there... Closest I've been to there is near Enterprise or somewhere in Pine Valley. Isn't Area 51 somewhere close-ish to there?

Yeah, it's about an hour from Area 51. :wink:

And that is the first place I seen a Polygamist was at that Wal*Mart! :lol: And they look like they are from "Little House on the Prairie". :lol:

(Coffee shop? Sounds like a good place to be a heathen in a "heavenly" place. :wink: )

Generalization here, most mormons I know aren't. I've heard that's only in Utah...

And? This is where I am talking about...

About the Liberal thing:
You just haven't been here long enough. If you have been, you would know my issue with Social Conservatives...

Dude, have you ever actually SEEN it happen? :|

I do not have to see them write the checks out, it is well documented.

Go here:
http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid64163.asp

Here is a snippet from there:
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has mobilized followers to give an estimated 77% of donations to support California's proposed marriage ban.

Need I say more? I don't think so.
SPDude666

Postby SPDude666 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:55 am

You just haven't been here long enough. If you have been, you would know my issue with Social Conservatives...
Oh....didn't know that...
Taking the banner of the holy Marsh! Death to the vile lard!
JohnHorn

Postby JohnHorn » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:44 am

gtaca2005 wrote:I'm sorry, but I am hard-pressed to find a Mormon who doesn't hold bigoted views. I lived on the border of Nevada and Utah for a year with my sister, and went to St. George, Utah often to go shopping, and there are a lot of Mormons there, and I NEVER found one to be Liberal on social issues. Indeed, their faith is WAY deeper than any Catholic or Christian group other than the Westboro Baptist Church.
(They are the biggest donors to the Proposition 8 campaign. And they aren't even in California. ALSO, by doing so they broke the law. They should lose their tax-exempt status as a result. A church cannot use money to donate to any political issue that effects public policy, or they lose tax-exempt status, but some how, they get away with it....)

novemberm00n24, do you know where Caliente, Nevada is? I lived there for a year. :mrgreen:

Isn't it kinda disturbing that ones faith effects one politics so directly?— ever ask that. isn't it perverted to have blind faith in an extraordinary claim?
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:39 am

I haven't been to Utah..My brother's ( well, I consider him a brother because we have been good friends for 11 years, and we live next door to eachother now. ) girlfriend, who moved in with him half a year ago is from Utah..She is by no means Mormon, she doesn't seem very religious, although she kind of leans towards paganism. She is goth, has tattoos, and back in Utah, she has a gay friend. So there are not just Mormons in Utah..However, from everything I have heard about that state, because of all the Mormom influence, it sounds like for me, going over there would be like going to another country. In Washington, it seems that people stay out of the business of people they do not know. I think there are also probably a lot of Pagans and Wiccan's here..My friend said people he met out of state who were Christian said they heard that there are a lot of witches in Washington..He laughed about that. And of course there are a lot of other beliefs represented, and there are of course some people who go door to door pushing their religion on other people..But not as much compared to what you see in other states I think. In general, here, people don't really talk to people unless they know them, so that means most people are not bothering people they don't know to change their beliefs. If you don't want to be bothered about religion, I guess you should move here.
novemberm00n24

Postby novemberm00n24 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:07 am

Honestly, I think there are more Non-Mormans than Mormans here in Utah, and half of them are what we call "Jack Mormans" (pretty much raised to be, but don't want to be.) I've learned alot about what they believe in just in case they try to sell their religion to me. I'll get them to buy a baby flavored lollypop before they sell me that Bull$#!t. But, like I said before, I don't really see a whole lot of Mormans, (just got to avoid going near the Temple.)
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:13 am

novemberm00n24 wrote:Honestly, I think there are more Non-Mormans than Mormans here in Utah, and half of them are what we call "Jack Mormans" (pretty much raised to be, but don't want to be.) I've learned alot about what they believe in just in case they try to sell their religion to me. I'll get them to buy a baby flavored lollypop before they sell me that Bull$#!t. But, like I said before, I don't really see a whole lot of Mormans, (just got to avoid going near the Temple.)

I don't know... That is a big temple... :lol:

When I was in your city, there was this amazing Mexican restaurant where the line was almost out the door. They serve the take-away in round, pie-pan looking things. Do you know of this place? It is f*cking amazing! :mrgreen:
novemberm00n24

Postby novemberm00n24 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:25 am

gtaca2005 wrote:
novemberm00n24 wrote:Honestly, I think there are more Non-Mormans than Mormans here in Utah, and half of them are what we call "Jack Mormans" (pretty much raised to be, but don't want to be.) I've learned alot about what they believe in just in case they try to sell their religion to me. I'll get them to buy a baby flavored lollypop before they sell me that Bull$#!t. But, like I said before, I don't really see a whole lot of Mormans, (just got to avoid going near the Temple.)

When I was in your city, there was this amazing Mexican restaurant where the line was almost out the door. They serve the take-away in round, pie-pan looking things. Do you know of this place? It is f*cking amazing! :mrgreen:

I think your thinking of "Cafe` Rio" mmmm... I haven't been there in a while. And yes, the Temple is huge, Funny how they won't alow any building in the town to be as tall or taller than the Temple. :lol:
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:31 am

novemberm00n24 wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:

I think your thinking of "Cafe` Rio" mmmm... I haven't been there in a while. And yes, the Temple is huge, Funny how they won't alow any building in the town to be as tall or taller than the Temple. :lol:

Is that why the hospital has 2 basement floors? So it doesn't rise above the temple? :?

(I was there with my brother-in-law's sister, and we were visiting her dad in the hospital, and I noticed the 2 basement floors, and I thought it was pretty stupid, they should just make the building taller.... :? )

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”