Pittsburgh Steelers Win Super Bowl XLIII

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

triplemultiplex

Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Win Super Bowl XLIII

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:29 pm

Arizona was the Rodney Dangerfield of this post-season. They got no respect.

You read it! You can't unread it!
aparsons

Postby aparsons » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:33 pm

They sure were. Even after they proved people wrong at the end each of the three games, doubters still found stuff to critisize. But it wasn't like the cards got their asses kicked. They overcame a 17 point defecit, the biggest one in super bowl history and prevented shittburgh from taking the game away.
Favorite Character: Kyle
Favorite Episodes: Tsst, Tonsil Trouble, Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy
Known as kylesbigfan69 on kylefanclub.com
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:35 pm

So did anyone here see the dong in the 4th "live" as it was happening?
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:04 pm

aparsons wrote:I'm not saying he didn't catch it, it looked like when he got control of the ball and landed, one foot was out of bounds. There were even some steeler fans who were customers where my mom works, that said some of those calls shouldn't have happened. But them losing doesn't, in any way, make a lot of people lose faith in the cards. It was a historic season, and they shut a lot of people up who said the cards didn't have what it take to be in the playoffs. There was a huge welcome home thing at the airport yesterday and it just shows that everybody here has something to be proud of with this football team. I'll be looking forward to seeing them give other teams hell, and even some retribution against shittsburgh.

Yes, and I know Cardinal fans who think those calls were correct. Point? :lol:
And he dragged his right foot with control of the ball. It was the right call. Something tell me that if that score made it 38-0, then you wouldn't think it was a poor call.:P And yes, you were saying he did not make the catch- if you don't catch the ball in bounds, then it is not a catch.

Cardinal fans shoul be proud. Getting to the biggest stage in American sports is a thing to be proud of. Once I got over the few cals that screwed the Hawks, I was proud of the team.

Cards have too many issues and everyone will be giving them their best shot. The Card will be lucky to make the playoffs- hopfully they will. Boldin may or may not be there. Warner may or may not play. The running game is not good. Thedefense is okay, not all that great.

As for "shittsburgh", I i find that nickname stupid. The refs gave the game, the Steelers didn't steal it. Plus, it just reeks of sore losers who can't think creatively. :lol:
That's how it's down here on the farm!
kaileykorn

Postby kaileykorn » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:24 pm

LMAO. Shittsburgh? You guys here are so funny.

I'll say here what I said in 2006: The Steelers won. Get the hell over it. You can debate the plays all you want, but the fact still remains that your team lost.

What an excellent game, though. Too bad I wasn't in Pittsburgh when they won~!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:35 pm

kaileykorn wrote:LMAO. Shittsburgh? You guys here are so funny.

I'll say here what I said in 2006: The Steelers won. Get the hell over it. You can debate the plays all you want, but the fact still remains that your team lost.

What an excellent game, though. Too bad I wasn't in Pittsburgh when they won~!

Wait, you want them to get over it you you also say they can debate the plays all they want? :lol:
That's how it's down here on the farm!
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:23 pm

BRMBug wrote:So did anyone here see the dong in the 4th "live" as it was happening?

Anyone around here a Tucson resident?

You read it! You can't unread it!
aparsons

Postby aparsons » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:15 am

Well so much for being entitled to my opinion. I can see i'm going to be overruled so f*ck it then. And to answer the last question, no i don't live in tucson, i'm about two hours north of that over by phoenix and i don't think comcast exsists over here.
Michaeloptv

Postby Michaeloptv » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:39 am

Man, people in Tucson and Detriot got a show the'll never forget :P

-But I do feel sorry for Matt Mullen's dembacle.... and the people of Ariziona who saw "Much More" than a bad loss by their cardinals :wink:

The game: Pretty good. Boring until the Harrisson TD before halftime. Then the great catch in the end zone by Santanio Holmes. The Fitzgerald run was great as well :)

Refs were penalty happy, and could have called a better game...but let's face it, Kurt Warner blew the game....and the steelers deserved the game.

Bruce Springsteen: Pretty good show. My favs were U2 and Paul McCartney (and of course Janet Jackson :lol: ) but none the less, better than Tom Petty's me thinks....

The Commercials: I loved the "Hate your job commercial with the kiwalla". I also still can't get enough of poor Ed McManhon and Cash 4 gold! :lol:
"Where I go, Destruction will follow"

I am a hybrid of Butters, Tweek, and Clyde.

Official Winner of Page 1900!
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:31 pm

aparsons wrote:
Kelly MacCornmac wrote:I didn't watch it. I'm not much of a sports fan, but where there any good commercials? Those are probably the only thing good about the super bowl.

My favorite one was the doritos one where the old guy got hit in the balls with the snow globe.

Loved that! :lol: I also loved the one with the lady who hates her job. If you have the urge to punch small animals.. :lol: Commercials are the only reason I watch the super bowl.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:06 pm

Thanks for the links angledb42. I like the snowglobe one

Yea, the commercials are the only good thing about the super bowl..... that and I don't have a tv to watch the commercials, both are reasons I opted out.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
aparsons

Postby aparsons » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:32 pm

Wii fit man wrote:
aparsons wrote:
Kelly MacCornmac wrote:I didn't watch it. I'm not much of a sports fan, but where there any good commercials? Those are probably the only thing good about the super bowl.

My favorite one was the doritos one where the old guy got hit in the balls with the snow globe.

Loved that! :lol: I also loved the one with the lady who hates her job. If you have the urge to punch small animals.. :lol: Commercials are the only reason I watch the super bowl.

My stepdad's brother kept laughing at the part in the commercial when it kept repeating everything. The super bowl commercials are easily the best of any in the whole year but it would be better if they were played more than once. I do admit that warner did make a f*ck up pass at the half but it was still one hell of a game. Well worth watching.
spfan1494

Postby spfan1494 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:54 am

aparsons wrote:My stepdad's brother kept laughing at the part in the commercial when it kept repeating everything. The super bowl commercials are easily the best of any in the whole year but it would be better if they were played more than once. I do admit that warner did make a f*ck up pass at the half but it was still one hell of a game. Well worth watching.

That pass at the half was f**ked up. Warner threw a game- costing interception pass that led to a touchdown for Pittsburgh.
"It's not over until someone gives up the ghost."- My own quote.
"You never know what'll happen when you're on... Snork Patrol!" -Corky
"Change, or die." -Chef Gordon Ramsay
BigCamera4892

Postby BigCamera4892 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:14 pm

aparsons wrote:My stepdad's brother kept laughing at the part in the commercial when it kept repeating everything. The super bowl commercials are easily the best of any in the whole year but it would be better if they were played more than once. I do admit that warner did make a f*ck up pass at the half but it was still one hell of a game. Well worth watching.

On Los Angeles Television News, that commercial of the repetition was played so many times during the week before the Super Bowl, that when the commercial actually aired I had watched it so many times before that there were no more surprises for me in that commercial.

As to the game, that 100 yard run, the whole length of the field, was an awesome touchdown. No one could stop him.

Great game.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”