Mod Disscusion Thread

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Kelly MacCornmac

Mod Disscusion Thread

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:24 am

I've been thinking about this during work, and I think it is time to get some more mods. There is only one that is active right now, and things aren't really the best around here. We need more mods to do the modding like lock threads and stuff. No offense will, but you have sent some unnecessary bans quite recently. If we have some more mods on the board then they can choose if the user should be banned or not.

My suggestion is that it should be a person (or people) who have been on the boards for quite a while and know their away around. Someone who will be pretty fair to the users.

ShaneHaughey is a good candidate because he has been on the board longer than I have and is fair, doesn't mind discussion, and he takes things seriously.

triplemultiplex is a mature user that has been here a bit longer than I have. I'm sure he will be decent enough to mod the forums.

BRMBug is here nearly from the day he started on this forum, and he seems fair.

...Even though I would like to be mod, I don't think I am worthy for the title. Sure, I help people out sometimes, but I constantly doubt it would be the same if I get modded. That and I haven't really done much in the last year in the board, I don't see that as mod behavior. But if so, I would like to work my way up, like start in games and maybe poll sections or another specific forum I could be placed in.

So, I ask you all, who do you think should be a mod? And why do they deserve this title?
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
Pip Tweek

Re: Mod Disscusion Thread

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:52 am

*sigh*

BW has issued some bans that I thought were uncalled for, but the BBS is not a democracy. We are all guests here, and though we essentially provide the 'content' of these pages (for good or ill) we are not entitled to a say in the matter as to how things are run. It would be nice if things could be different and we didn't have to see our friends getting banned for what we see as petty reasons, but I personally don't see adding on more moderators solving any problems.

I'm not trying to invalidate your point, Kmac, but I am skeptical about discussing the subject leading to any kind of reform here. :(
Michaeloptv

Postby Michaeloptv » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:59 am

How much do the mods get paid!! :wink: :mrgreen:

Bug or Pip Tweek would be my nominations....
Last edited by Michaeloptv on Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Where I go, Destruction will follow"

I am a hybrid of Butters, Tweek, and Clyde.

Official Winner of Page 1900!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:01 am

Pip Tweek wrote:*sigh*

BW has issued some bans that I thought were uncalled for, but the BBS is not a democracy. We are all guests here, and though we essentially provide the 'content' of these pages (for good or ill) we are not entitled to a say in the matter as to how things are run. It would be nice if things could be different and we didn't have to see our friends getting banned for what we see as petty reasons, but I personally don't see adding on more moderators solving any problems.

I'm not trying to invalidate your point, Kmac, but I am skeptical about discussing the subject leading to any kind of reform here. :(

Discussion can't hurt unless we are calling for BW to be de-modded, which we aren't. I think he is oing a great job.

You'd actually make a good mod. Same with JustJackie.
Last edited by ShaneHaughey on Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:04 am

Michaeloptv wrote:How much do the mods get paid!! :wink: :mrgreen:

Bug or Pip Tweek would be my nominations....

Did someone say "paid?" :shock: Where do I sign up?? :lol:
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:05 am

sigh*

It would help because there will be a little bit less stress on will, and more mods will be more likely that the forum can run smoother at the very least, and get rid of unnecessary threads. And we have some say in the matter, for with out the users, there will be no forum and no forum means that people are less likely to come here and less likely to click on the ads with bring revenue to the site.

Pip Tweek probably can be a good mod, he is mature and is more laid back than most.

PT: Mods aren't paid.

SPU! Join it!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:10 am

Only issue I have with myself is that my 'net connection was sporadic for a time. It is fine now and she before the futue, but still.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:14 am

Kelly MacCornmac wrote:

Pip Tweek probably can be a good mod, he is mature and is more laid back than most.

PT: Mods aren't paid.

I sorta knew that ;). Being a forum moderator at the official SPS BBS would be enough of a reward in itself. 8)

I agree with every name mentioned so far, but if BW doesn't want our help, then it's a moot point. I wonder if the man himself will come in here and give us his perspective on the matter.
miracle123

Postby miracle123 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:21 am

I agree, it's too much work for BW alone, too big a site for one person, and there have been some unfair bans (not mine) that maybe could be avoided in the future if there was another mod sharing the load of mod-work needed for this forums.

I think Kelly MacCornmac should be a mod, she's one of the BBSers that spends more time in here, she's helpful with noobs and she seems responsible and fair enough to do the work.

SuperiorSaviour would also be a good mod, he's on the site regularly enough and he's a fair guy, he would do great.
Kyle Is God

My YouTube Account
I'm Jewish Pride 1
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:25 am

HAI GUISE!?! DONTCHA TINK I SHUD B A MOD!?!?11/ huhH>?1

...I'd say Kmac, PT, Bug, and Shane would be good candidates.

Just a thought, imagine SJ as a mod... :lol:
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:27 am

miracle123 wrote:SuperiorSaviour would also be a good mod, he's on the site regularly enough and he's a fair guy, he would do great.

I don't think SS is a good canidate to be a mod, he was banned for a week and then he posted under AHAD and PipPaul while under the ban. The AHAD account is currently banned, and he has some other accounts to.

SPU! Join it!
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:29 am

Why was HE banned?
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:50 am

I remember him bashing will's religion because will said something about how a girl's boyfriend was pussy whipped or something similar. SS got banned for a week and during that time he made AHAD and PIPaul. If there are any other bans, then I do not remember them or I do not know them.

SPU! Join it!
miracle123

Postby miracle123 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:17 am

Kelly MacCornmac wrote:
miracle123 wrote:SuperiorSaviour would also be a good mod, he's on the site regularly enough and he's a fair guy, he would do great.

I don't think SS is a good canidate to be a mod, he was banned for a week and then he posted under AHAD and PipPaul while under the ban. The AHAD account is currently banned, and he has some other accounts to.

Only a week ban? And you think he shouldnt be a mod because of that? One small screw up and he has criminal records for life? =P
I don't see how having more than one account changes anything, many people here have more than one account, including you.
Kyle Is God

My YouTube Account
I'm Jewish Pride 1
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:33 am

The AHAD account was permabanned because he spammed/trolled with that account. He re-put nommel's fics on the board and kinda acted like SJ. But I didn't really see his postings though because I think some of them got deleted or something and I got there too late to know much about AHAD till afterward.

SPU! Join it!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”