BBS HoF and HoS

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Kelly MacCornmac

BBS HoF and HoS

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:19 pm

Well... since the original poster for the HoF got banned, I thought I should take over. I like the idea of it, even if I didn't like the poster.

Basically:

ShaneHaugley wrote:Hall of Fame:
Best of the best. In order to be here you must have actually had an effect on them forum that makes you worthy of being included. If you're here, then you deserve to be known LONG after you have left.

This way, it is a Hall of Fame, and not a Hall of Famous People and Some Kinda Famous Guys Mixed In With WTF?

One thing here- Just like steroids and baseball, we should be tough about people who have been banned for breaking the rules.

Hall of Shame:
The worst of the worst. The flavor of the minute trolls and spammers shouldn't get in, only the ones who have seriously screwed the forum up.

We should debate who should be included. Just like a Real Life HoF commitee, the vote should be 70% to allow someone in. Once in, there is no way out. Likewise, in order to be nominated the mmber must have been here for over a year by the time they are nominated. This allows someone to actually accumulate some part of a reasonable "resume" for inclusion.

Also, I think it should be users that have been here for a while, a year at the very least.

I don't want to go through the whole thread and get quotes to put up for the nominees, so please, if you think that they are worthy, renominate them.

HoFers:
No Subsitute For You-For becoming a mod at age 12, I also heard that she was mature and nice.

Big-Will for staying with the site for a long time and dealt with our sh*t. He is the only active moderator as of right now and keeps the board intact.

HoSers:
Stovepipe_Jam-He used to be a good poster, but somehow went on a spammers rampage. He now keeps on coming back from many bans, he trolls, he spams, and just generally causes havoc on the boards.

Lonely_Joo1997-well... to sum up the story I heard, she started off as a new poster, then after a while she gets tired of trolls like the rest of the board. Somehow came to edate the new mod Jamez Beer. Threads got deleted due to her. And I heard she back stabbed many of her friends and became a troll herself.

Jamez Beer because he allowed LJ to overtake him. He deleted threads because LJ didn't like them. If she wanted something that was gone, it was gone. Or so I heard.

psychopoke, for f*cking with the board when there wasn't a time delay imposed between posts - he could up dozens of threads in a few seconds.

metal666 for making a thread about him being depressed and everybody believed him. And he said he wanted to commit suicide. Then comes back to tell everybody he did it just to get attention.

Nominees:
KWSF for HoF
Schantrac for HoF
SP109 for HoF
Moonkay for HoF
ShaneHaughey for HoF
AngusMctavish for HoF
BRMBug for HoF
Last edited by Kelly MacCornmac on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:12 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
Wii fit man

Re: BBS HoF and HoS

Postby Wii fit man » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:50 pm

Hall of shame nominees: God's God and SJ. Biggest trolls in history.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:06 am

HoF: *going by what I call some of them*

Pip Tweek
Michael
BigC
Bug
Big-Will
Ned
BK
Just Jackie
AngusMcTavish
Kelly MacCornmac
Hat
Kammy
pdfsmail

EDIT: oh and I would also like to mention Craig-and-Clyde. He would be a former BBSer and I never got to meet him. But he gave a favorable quote to me at this Forum and I happily saved it . For that I like him and would like him on the HoF. Even though I have nevered got to social with him. :D

HoS:

Any troll
Last edited by Hayley B on Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:21 am

Hayley B wrote:HoF: *going by what I call some of them*

Pip Tweek
Michael
BigC
Bug
Big-Will
Ned
BK
Just Jackie
AngusMcTavish
Kelly MacCornmac
Hat
Kammy
pdfsmail
Yes, but why do you think that they deserve this title?
EDIT: oh and I would also like to mention Craig-and-Clyde. He would be a former BBSer and I never got to meet him. But he gave a favorable quote to me at this Forum and I happily saved it . For that I like him and would like him on the HoS. Even though I have nevered got to social with him. :D

Don't you mean HoF?

SPU! Join it!
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:37 am

Kelly MacCornmac wrote:
Hayley B wrote:HoF: *going by what I call some of them*

Pip Tweek
Michael
BigC
Bug
Big-Will
Ned
BK
Just Jackie
AngusMcTavish
Kelly MacCornmac
Hat
Kammy
pdfsmail
Yes, but why do you think that they deserve this title?
EDIT: oh and I would also like to mention Craig-and-Clyde. He would be a former BBSer and I never got to meet him. But he gave a favorable quote to me at this Forum and I happily saved it . For that I like him and would like him on the HoS. Even though I have nevered got to social with him. :D

Don't you mean HoF?

First Question: Because they all take a great part in the South Park Studios' Forum Community. By taking time to be a great part of this Forum. Either from answering questions, helping out others of the Forum, or to just be commucating a great deal.

Second Question: Shame of me. :lol: I fixed it above.
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:20 am

Wii fit man wrote:Hall of shame nominees: God's God and SJ. Biggest trolls in history.

SJ doesn't belong in the Hall of Shame... SJ's the f*cking man!

But yea, HoS - zzyzx and God's God. Also, ever hear of Mewster? Yea, you're gonna want to put him in the HoS.
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:25 am

RideTheLightning wrote:But yea, HoS - zzyzx and God's God. Also, ever hear of Mewster? Yea, you're gonna want to put him in the HoS.

Yes, I heard of Mewster, but how did you?

Even though I would but them both in HoS, I need more reason to do so.

HB: Yes, they all have contributed, but what makes them HoF worthy?

SPU! Join it!
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:33 am

Kelly MacCornmac wrote:
RideTheLightning wrote:But yea, HoS - zzyzx and God's God. Also, ever hear of Mewster? Yea, you're gonna want to put him in the HoS.

Yes, I heard of Mewster, but how did you?

Even though I would but them both in HoS, I need more reason to do so.

...Places. :lol:

Alright, zzyzx posed as a nice guy, but ended up to be one of the most dickish annoying trolls evar. And he did that whole thing on the channukah thread.

God's God has come back like 3 times and keeps annoying people and getting in fights.

Reasons for SJ to not be in the HoS-He's hilarious... he's not one of the trolls who comes on here just so he can walk around saying "Yea, I trolled South Park fans, I'm now a true Anon" SJ just did it to be funny.
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:47 am

RideTheLightning wrote:
Reasons for SJ to not be in the HoS-He's hilarious... he's not one of the trolls who comes on here just so he can walk around saying "Yea, I trolled South Park fans, I'm now a true Anon" SJ just did it to be funny.

And how do you know of this, eh? :P

SPU! Join it!
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:51 am

Kelly MacCornmac wrote:
RideTheLightning wrote:
HB: Yes, they all have contributed, but what makes them HoF worthy?

Well, I'm just going to have to let go from what I said altogether above. I would think contributing a good deal at this Forum would be "worthy" enough. Also adding some have expressed some great ideas in the past too. They could be trolls afterall.

Sorry to everyone on my list. You'll just be on my HoF instead. :)

It's alright, I just won't take part of this thread again.
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:55 am

I didn't say I wasn't going to put some on there, but I need a better argument as to why, I hope you understand this.

SPU! Join it!
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:18 am

Hayley B wrote:
Sorry to everyone on my list. You'll just be on my HoF instead. :)

You're on my personal HOF list too, Hayley. :D

Hayley B wrote:It's alright, I just won't take part of this thread again.

The whole concept of a hall of fame for forum posting seems a little over the top to me anyhow, especially after the 2009 awards just ended.

The vast majority of people that would be considered HOF material years ago don't post here anymore. Most of the active posters now (myself included) probably don't even know who most of them are.

I'm not trying to trash the idea of a HOF entirely, but it seems like it requires a lot of analysis of former and current posters; to the extent that a definitive HOF list might actually be impossible to achieve.

The ultimate significance of the HOF would still, IMO, be less than the board's current activity. Interacting and enjoying the community as it is now is more important than paying tribute to a lot of people who are long gone.

That's just my two cents. If this idea takes off and really gets established, I'll be interested to see how it develops.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:44 am

I like the HOF, and keep in mind it can change based on posts or non-posts.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:06 am

Mewster is an interesting case. He was a great member for a long time with his comical, anti-Cartman rants. Then he pissed off some troll Cartman fans and had his e-mail hacked. After that, he changed and became an assh*le. So there were two Mewsters- HoF worthy and HoS worthy.

SJ IS HoS worthy. A troll is a troll is a troll, and that man is the very definition of troll. He has been doing things like this for a *long* time, and having known him for as long as he has been around on any of his accounts, that man is the poster child for HoS.

I shall nominate HoF peoples with my next post.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:24 am

HOF: From most obvious to least.
Big-Will: This one is self explanatory.
No-Substitute-for-you: Became a mod at 12. I had to wait until I was 14 to join! :lol:
ShaneHaughey: Posted the 2nd most in just a couple years, made some good threads, and is cool overall. :D
AngusMctavish: Has been here actively posting for many years.
BRMBug: Same reasons as Angus.
I can't think of anymore. I'll think of some more later.

PT: I agree, SJ should be in the HOS. Besides, he wasn't just a troll, but also a spammer.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”