UK boy becomes father at 13, newspaper says

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Michaeloptv

Re: UK boy becomes father at 13, newspaper says

Postby Michaeloptv » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:13 pm

Just wrong :evil:

and to think that 12 year olds are doing it, and I am 20, and still a virgin...

But the kid should have used a condom. He wasn't ready anyways, and my question is how, was he in full puberty...probably not.

This is just messed up!
"Where I go, Destruction will follow"

I am a hybrid of Butters, Tweek, and Clyde.

Official Winner of Page 1900!
Jewish Pride 1

Postby Jewish Pride 1 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:11 pm

Michaeloptv wrote:But the kid should have used a condom. He wasn't ready anyways, and my question is how, was he in full puberty...probably not.

Some just develop earlier than others :/
But the fact that those kids were phisically ready for sex doesn't mean that they were ready psycologically.
I like girls with big fat titties
I like girls with big vaginas

I am miracle123!
big kenny

Postby big kenny » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:15 pm

........ :shock: eeeeeew
BigKenny
kenny is cool
my mind is an enigma......i like cola!
i hate racists
iz undr yur bed steelin yur sox
my profile
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:19 pm

They must've been physically ready, otherwise she wouldn't have gotten pregnant. It's strange to think that just a few centuries ago most people had children at this kind of age; Romeo and Juliet were both under 14 and this wasn't considered abnormal enough to warrent mention in the play. Not sure where i'm going with this but the point seemed interesting nonetheless.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
JohnHorn

Postby JohnHorn » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:00 pm

Oo well romeo and juliet I think made [probably] made great parents for their time.
Jewish Pride 1

Postby Jewish Pride 1 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:51 am

superiorsavior wrote:It's strange to think that just a few centuries ago most people had children at this kind of age; Romeo and Juliet were both under 14 and this wasn't considered abnormal enough to warrent mention in the play. Not sure where i'm going with this but the point seemed interesting nonetheless.

I think it's interesting because it gets me wondering if people back then matured faster than they do today. On these days hardly anyone younger than 17 could really handle parenthood and yet on other times it was completely normal. Are we slower on these days to reach psycological maturity?

I am miracle123!
JohnHorn

Postby JohnHorn » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:24 pm

Oo——— I think then it’s obviously nurture.
Conclusively then the problem isn't teen pregnancy it’s being sexually undereducated.
Jewish Pride 1

Postby Jewish Pride 1 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:49 pm

^ And we're talking about at least one pre-teen here, since the boy was 12 when they had sex.
Dude this is suddenly reminding of the Proper Condom Use episode, they start giving the kids sex education at younger ages because they are apparently having sex at younger ages XD

I am miracle123!
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:51 pm

superiorsavior wrote:They must've been physically ready, otherwise she wouldn't have gotten pregnant. It's strange to think that just a few centuries ago most people had children at this kind of age; Romeo and Juliet were both under 14 and this wasn't considered abnormal enough to warrent mention in the play. Not sure where i'm going with this but the point seemed interesting nonetheless.

It is interesting just to contrast a much earlier time period with the present day. Given the fact that the world is so different and complex now than in the time of Shakespeare, I don't think there's a viable comparison between a 13-year old of that time and a present day 13-year old.
bokuchin1

Postby bokuchin1 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:27 am

thats retarted for that boy to have a baby.imagine keeping your life raising a kid.
Ranius

Postby Ranius » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:34 am

Actually, neither Romeo nor Juliet should or could be called ready. They were kids playing adults. Not really love, more like a hard crush so they didn't really know what they were talking about. The reason the text is so romantic is that they rode away into the sunset, but the sun never came into a new morning if you catch my drift.

I don't really know about people maturing faster, but we say that children aren't ready because they are incapable of functioning propperly in today's society. With "being of age" and things like "protecting" children and keeping them bottled up at home we are actually slowing down their progress. In a simpler world, who is to say when you are ready but yourself?

George Carlin once said children were overprotected... <explanation here>. We are actually holding them back in the field of mental maturity.

*cough* erm... to get back to the exact topic... it was their choice and their judgement which is only in conflict with the world of "grown-ups".(which are nothing more than a bigger, more experienced version of the 12yo anyway)

Oh, and bokuchin1: It pays off to have a kid at 16 and be at the peak of your strength when your child is able to take care of themselves, rather than having a child in puberty when you're over 50.
____
Idiocracy, Fog of war, Enemy Image, Zeitgeist, Addendum, Zeitgeist Refuted, B. and B. two faces of the same coin... So what is the truth?
JohnHorn

Postby JohnHorn » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:44 pm

Actually I agree, with the notion in practice.

Well firstly a different social system… may not require such maturity of the parents. let’s put it differently romeo and juliet are really inlove compared to this couple and maybe compared to any couple I have seen.
It’s also pretty wierd to say as the reasons for most loves appear far less mature then seeing a pretty face :roll: . At-least in the sense meant for this discussion. being able to take care of yourself is also important,

JULIET: My ears have not yet drunk a hundred words
Of that tongue's utterance, yet I know the sound:
Art thou not Romeo and a Montague?
ROMEO: Neither, fair saint, if either thee dislike.

Ah so the this boy were talking would give up his name for love[if he is equal]… he wouldn't even spare his penis for love :roll: .
[of course this is given retrospect and presuming a bit of snob culture.]

Jewish Pride 1 wrote:^ And we're talking about at least one pre-teen here, since the boy was 12 when they had sex.
Dude this is suddenly reminding of the Proper Condom Use episode, they start giving the kids sex education at younger ages because they are apparently having sex at younger ages XD

It sure seams correct to do so in retrospect.

Well I’m glad my urge to get children isn't counter natural :lol: :mrgreen: .
missycartman

Postby missycartman » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:20 pm

a 15 year old has given birth to twins ..
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090220/tu ... 23e80.html

it is a shame these kids know about sex but lack of contraception .
JohnHorn

Postby JohnHorn » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:44 pm

Doesn't seam so bad……, as the last article.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”