A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

gtaca2005

Which Historical Figure Are You?

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:03 am

It's a quiz:
http://www.selectsmart.com/pastlives/

Here are my top ten-

1. Benjamin Franklin, American politician, inventor, publisher and originator of aphorisms. Ardent competitive swimmer who developed swim fins. Beliefs: Presbyterian; Deist . On the Veg-World.com list of famous vegetarians (100%)

2. Alexander Graham Bell, inventor of telephone, worked with deaf. Beliefs: Unitarian/Universalist (92%)

3. Charles Darwin, biologist; described evolution. Beliefs: Anglican (nominal); Unitarian (92%)

4. Archimedes, father of experimental science. Beliefs: Greek philosophy. During the Siege of Syracuse he was killed by a Roman soldier despite orders that he should not be harmed. (84%)

5. Louis Pasteur, French chemist and microbiologist. Created first vaccine for rabies. Best known for inventing pasteurization. Advocated that doctors sanitize their hands and equipment before surgery. Before that, few doctors bothered to scrub up. Beliefs: Catholic (84%)

6. Sigmund Freud, founded Freudian school of psychology/psychoanalysis (i.e., the ‘‘religion of Freudianism’‘). Beliefs: Jewish; atheist. Died of a possibly unintentional morphine overdose (84%)

7. Thomas Edison, inventor of light bulb, phonograph, etc. Beliefs: Congregationalist; agnostic (84%)

8. Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of U.S.; led during Civil War. Beliefs: Deist, general theist, once said, 'When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion'. Assassinated. (76%)

9. Albert Einstein, physicist; originated the theory of relativity, won Noble prize. Beliefs: Jewish . On the Veg-World.com list of famous vegetarians (76%)

10. Galen, innovative Greek physician; surgeon to the gladiators, gained then-new anatomical knowledge; the profit motive, said Galen, incompatible with a devotion to the art of healing (76%)
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
BigCamera4892

Re: Which Historical Figure Are You?

Postby BigCamera4892 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:13 am

Here are my top 10:

1. George Washington, first president of United States, military leader. Beliefs: Episcopalian (100%)

2. Louis Pasteur, French chemist and microbiologist. Created first vaccine for rabies. Best known for inventing pasteurization. Advocated that doctors sanitize their hands and equipment before surgery. Before that, few doctors bothered to scrub up. Beliefs: Catholic (100%)

3. Marco Polo, explorer, was one of the first Westerners to travel the Silk Road to China. Kublai Khan took a liking to Marco, who was an engaging storyteller. Marco was sent on many diplomatic missions throughout Khan’s empire. The Khan appreciated Marco so much that he would not all him to return home to Venice until 17 years had passed (100%)

4. William the Conqueror, laid foundation of modern England. Beliefs: Catholic (100%)

5. Aesop, fable composer, compiler and teller. Aesop met with a violent death at the hands of the inhabitants of Delphi, possibly because of his sarcasm and insults. (85%)

6. Albert Einstein, physicist; originated the theory of relativity, won Noble prize. Beliefs: Jewish . On the Veg-World.com list of famous vegetarians (85%)

7. Benjamin Franklin, American politician, inventor, publisher and originator of aphorisms. Ardent competitive swimmer who developed swim fins. Beliefs: Presbyterian; Deist . On the Veg-World.com list of famous vegetarians (85%)

8. Christopher Columbus, explorer; led Europe to Americas. Beliefs: Catholic (85%)

9. Euclid, mathematician; Euclidian geometry. Beliefs: Platonism / Greek philosophy (85%)

10. Ferdinand Magellan, navigator; named Pacific Ocean; first circumnavigation of globe. Beliefs: Catholic (85%)
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:27 am

There's no way that a person is the exact same as another. And somehow, I think the answers are wrong....

My top 10:

1. Muhammad, Prophet of Islam; conqueror of Arabia. Beliefs: Islam (100%)
2. Buddha. Gautama Buddha was a spiritual teacher from Ancient India and the founder of Buddhism.[1] He is generally recognized by Buddhists as the Supreme Buddha (Sammâsambuddha) of our age. The time of his birth and death are uncertain: Best estimates are 400 or 500 years before Christ. Beliefs: Hinduism; Buddhism (81%)
3. Christopher Columbus, explorer; led Europe to Americas. Beliefs: Catholic (78%)
4. Ferdinand Magellan, navigator; named Pacific Ocean; first circumnavigation of globe. Beliefs: Catholic (78%)
5. George Washington, first president of United States, military leader. Beliefs: Episcopalian (78%)
6. Johann Sebastian Bach, a composer whose works were practically forgotten for nearly a century, until Felix Mendelssohn called Bach a genius. Beliefs: Lutheran; Catholic (78%)
7. Ludwig van Beethoven, composer. Beliefs: Catholic (78%)
8. Moses, major prophet of Judaism. Beliefs: Judaism (78%)
9. Plato, founder of Platonism. Beliefs: Platonism / Greek philosophy . On the Veg-World.com list of famous vegetarians (78%)
10. St. Paul, proselytizer of Christianity. Beliefs: Judaism; Christianity. Was beheaded in Nreo-ruled Rome (78%)
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:48 am

Muhammad?!?! :lol:
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:02 am

Yea, no idea how that came up.

SPU! Join it!
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:17 am

1. Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of U.S.; led during Civil War. Beliefs: Deist, general theist, once said, 'When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion'. Assassinated. (100%)
2. Karl Marx, founder of Marxism, Marxist Communism. Beliefs: Jewish; Lutheran; Atheist; Marxism/Communism (100%)
3. Charles Darwin, biologist; described evolution. Beliefs: Anglican (nominal); Unitarian (90%)
4. Henry VIII. English King known for his political struggles with Rome which led to the formation of the Anglican church. Henry wanted a male heir, to avoid rival claims to the crown. He married sex women. Two marriages were annulled; two wives were beheaded, one died, one survived. Late in life, Henry became grossly overweight, covered with boils and had to be moved about with the help of mechanical inventions. (90%)
5. Lenin, Russian revolutionary, political leader. Beliefs: Russian Orthodox; Atheist; Marxism/Communism (90%)
6. Sigmund Freud, founded Freudian school of psychology/psychoanalysis (i.e., the ‘‘religion of Freudianism’‘). Beliefs: Jewish; atheist. Died of a posssibly unintentional morphine overdose (90%)
7. Simon Bolivar, National hero of Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, and Bolivia. Beliefs: Catholic (nominal); atheist (90%)
8. Aesop, fable composer, compiler and teller. Aesop met with a violent death at the hands of the inhabitants of Delphi, possibly because of his sarcasm and insults. (81%)
9. Benjamin Franklin, American politician, inventor, publisher and originator of aphorisms. Ardent competitive swimmer who developed swim fins. Beliefs: Presbyterian; Deist . On the Veg-World.com list of famous vegetarians (81%)
10. Buddha. Gautama Buddha was a spiritual teacher from Ancient India and the founder of Buddhism.[1] He is generally recognized by Buddhists as the Supreme Buddha (Sammâsambuddha) of our age. The time of his birth and death are uncertain: Best estimates are 400 or 500 years before Christ. Beliefs: Hinduism; Buddhism (81%)

Q. Which historical figure are you most like?
A. Buddha.

Suck it bitches!
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:29 am

Top 3

1. Alexander Graham Bell, inventor of telephone, worked with deaf. Beliefs: Unitarian/Universalist (100%)
2. Benjamin Franklin, American politician, inventor, publisher and originator of aphorisms. Ardent competitive swimmer who developed swim fins. Beliefs: Presbyterian; Deist . On the Veg-World.com list of famous vegetarians (92%)
3. Aristotle, influential Greek mathematician, physicist, engineer, inventor, and astronomer.. Beliefs: Platonism / Greek philosophy A homosexual according to lambda.org (89%)

I can live with that.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:32 am

Meh, I guess I can live with mine too.
Only some of the smartest people in history! :chaos:
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:42 am

...I can live with Buddah, but why am I Muhammad? XD

SPU! Join it!
GlittersBlings

Postby GlittersBlings » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:51 am

1.Catherine de Medici, Queen of France whose hatred of Protestants knew no bounds, and who ordered the Massacre of St Bartholomew in which thousands of Huguenots were killed. (100%)

2.Queen Elizabeth I, British monarch; restored Church of England to power after Queen Mary. Beliefs: Anglican (90%)

3.Mary Wollstonecraft, Anglo-Irish feminist, intellectual and writer (80%)

4.Cleopatra, Egyptian ruler. Committed suicide by forcing an asp against her breast.. (80%)

5.Johann Gutenberg, developed movable type; printed Bibles. Beliefs: Catholic (70%)

6.Theodora, Byzantine empress originally famous for her comedy/strip tease/sex act until she married the Emperor Justinian the Great. She and her husband outlawed rape of lower class women. accelerated Catholic-Monophysite schism. Beliefs: Catholic (70%)
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:18 am

Kelly MacCornmac wrote:...I can live with Buddah, but why am I Muhammad? XD

Muhammad was actually an really cool guy, eh is the founder of an religion and doesn't afraid of anything.
Cartman's_bitch 2

Postby Cartman's_bitch 2 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:34 am

What the hell?! I'm Karl marx! XD
psnthewell12

Postby psnthewell12 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:04 am

1. Benjamin Franklin, American politician, inventor, publisher and originator of aphorisms. Ardent competitive swimmer who developed swim fins. Beliefs: Presbyterian; Deist . On the Veg-World.com list of famous vegetarians (100%)
2. Thomas Jefferson, 3rd president of United States. Beliefs: Episcopalian; Deist (100%)
3. Adolf Hitler, conqueror; dictator. Unsuccessful street artists To many evil incarnate. Beliefs: born/raised in, but rejected Catholicism . On the Veg-World.com list of famous vegetarians. Committed suicide via gunshot/overdose of cyanide (95%)
4. Francisco Pizarro, Spanish conqueror in South America; defeated Incas. Beliefs: Catholic (91%)
5. Alexander Graham Bell, inventor of telephone, worked with deaf. Beliefs: Unitarian/Universalist (87%)
6. George Washington, first president of United States, military leader. Beliefs: Episcopalian (79%)
7. Maximilien Robespierre, de facto dictator. During the French Revolution/Reign of Terror he sent 1285 victims to the guillotine. Eventually, citizens turned on him and he was beheaded. (79%)
8. Muhammad, Prophet of Islam; conqueror of Arabia. Beliefs: Islam (79%)
9. Simon Bolivar, National hero of Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, and Bolivia. Beliefs: Catholic (nominal); atheist (79%)
10. Alexander the Great, king of Macedonia; one of the greatest military minds in history; conquered much of what was then the civilized world. Beliefs: Greek state paganism A homosexual according to lambda.org (75%)
11. Attila the Hun, leader of the Hunnic Empire and warrior who reigned over an empire that stretched from central Asia into Germany, In Europe, he is remembered as the epitome of cruelty and rapacity. In other histories he lionized as a great and noble king (75%)
12. Genghis Khan, Mongol conqueror. Founder and ruler of the Mongol Empire, the largest contiguous empire in history. Beliefs: Mongolian shamanism (75%)
13. Julius Caesar, Roman general, dictator. Beliefs: Roman state paganism A homosexual according to lambda.org. Assassinated in Roman Senate (75%)
14. Leonardo da Vinci, artist; inventor. Beliefs: Catholic A homosexual according to lambda.org . On the Veg-World.com list of famous vegetarians (75%)
15. William Shakespeare, English playwright. Beliefs: Catholic; Anglican. Coiner of many common terms and phrases. (75%)
"I rarely drive steamboats dad. There's a lot of sh*t you don't know about me"
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Behold!

Postby Big-Will » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:13 am

1. Buddha. Gautama Buddha was a spiritual teacher from Ancient India and the founder of Buddhism.[1] He is generally recognized by Buddhists as the Supreme Buddha (Sammâsambuddha) of our age. The time of his birth and death are uncertain: Best estimates are 400 or 500 years before Christ. Beliefs: Hinduism; Buddhism (100%)
2. Ptolemy (Claudius Ptolemaeus), astronomer, mathematician and geographer (97%)
3. Albert Einstein, physicist; originated the theory of relativity, won Noble prize. Beliefs: Jewish . On the Veg-World.com list of famous vegetarians (94%)
4. Euclid, mathematician; Euclidian geometry. Beliefs: Platonism / Greek philosophy (94%)
5. Galen, innovative Greek physician; surgeon to the gladiators, gained then-new anatomical knowledge; the profit motive, said Galen, incompatible with a devotion to the art of healing (94%)
6. Charles Darwin, biologist; described evolution. Beliefs: Anglican (nominal); Unitarian (85%)
7. Galileo Galilei, astronomer; accurately described heliocentric solar system. Beliefs: Catholic (82%)
8. Nicolaus Copernicus, astronomer; taught heliocentricity. Beliefs: Catholic (priest) (82%)
9. Archimedes, father of experimental science. Beliefs: Greek philosophy. During the Siege of Syracuse he was killed by a Roman soldier despite orders that he should not be harmed. (80%)
10. Louis Pasteur, French chemist and microbiologist. Created first vaccine for rabies. Best known for inventing pasteurization. Advocated that doctors sanitize their hands and equipment before surgery. Before that, few doctors bothered to scrub up. Beliefs: Catholic (80%)
11. Christopher Columbus, explorer; led Europe to Americas. Beliefs: Catholic (77%)
12. Ferdinand Magellan, navigator; named Pacific Ocean; first circumnavigation of globe. Beliefs: Catholic (77%)
13. Lenin, Russian revolutionary, political leader. Beliefs: Russian Orthodox; Atheist; Marxism/Communism (77%)
14. William Shakespeare, English playwright. Beliefs: Catholic; Anglican. Coiner of many common terms and phrases. (77%)
15. Aesop, fable composer, compiler and teller. Aesop met with a violent death at the hands of the inhabitants of Delphi, possibly because of his sarcasm and insults. (74%)
16. Hippocrates, Greek physician, known as the "father of medicine". He is credited with being the first physician to reject superstitious beliefs that blamed supernatural or divine forces with causing illness. (74%)
17. Sigmund Freud, founded Freudian school of psychology/psychoanalysis (i.e., the ‘‘religion of Freudianism’‘). Beliefs: Jewish; atheist. Died of a posssibly unintentional morphine overdose (74%)
18. Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of U.S.; led during Civil War. Beliefs: Deist, general theist, once said, 'When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion'. Assassinated. (71%)
19. Aristotle, influential Greek mathematician, physicist, engineer, inventor, and astronomer.. Beliefs: Platonism / Greek philosophy A homosexual according to lambda.org (68%)
20. Benjamin Franklin, American politician, inventor, publisher and originator of aphorisms. Ardent competitive swimmer who developed swim fins. Beliefs: Presbyterian; Deist . On the Veg-World.com list of famous vegetarians (68%)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:35 am

:| Hmm...

1. Archimedes, father of experimental science. Beliefs: Greek philosophy. During the Siege of Syracuse he was killed by a Roman soldier despite orders that he should not be harmed. (100%)
2. Leonardo da Vinci, artist; inventor. Beliefs: Catholic A homosexual according to lambda.org . On the Veg-World.com list of famous vegetarians (100%)
3. Francis Bacon, English statesman, essayist, and philosopher, delineated inductive scientific method. Beliefs: Anglican A homosexual according to lambda.org (93%)
4. Louis Pasteur, French chemist and microbiologist. Created first vaccine for rabies. Best known for inventing pasteurization. Advocated that doctors sanitize their hands and equipment before surgery. Before that, few doctors bothered to scrub up. Beliefs: Catholic (93%)
5. Alexander Graham Bell, inventor of telephone, worked with deaf. Beliefs: Unitarian/Universalist (89%)
6. Albert Einstein, physicist; originated the theory of relativity, won Noble prize. Beliefs: Jewish . On the Veg-World.com list of famous vegetarians (86%)
7. Jeremy Bentham, English jurist, philosopher, and legal and social reformer. As requested in his will, his body was preserved and displayed in a wooden cabinet, (86%)
8. Pythagoras, mathematician, mystic and scientist . On the Veg-World.com list of famous vegetarians (86%)
9. Socrates, philosopher A homosexual according to lambda.org. Forced to commit suicide by drinking hemlock juice. (86%)
10. Aristotle, influential Greek mathematician, physicist, engineer, inventor, and astronomer.. Beliefs: Platonism / Greek philosophy A homosexual according to lambda.org (82%)

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”