What do you do to make yourself pretty?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

willowrose

What do you do to make yourself pretty?

Postby willowrose » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:55 pm

I just went and got my hair did. Well trimmed actually. They took like 7 inches off when all I wanted was 3!!! But I agreed to it. It was pretty much whatever was left over from a really bad "layered cut" I got a year ago. It's taken like 4 or 5 haircuts to finally get rid of the butchered part. I got some layers put back in and I'm happy. The majority of the split ends should be gone. They tried talking me into donating some but I had to give up at least 10 inches. She showed me where my hair would be if I would have went on and did it and it was still part way down my back. But I'm just not ready to go that high up yet. I've had cute short haircuts before. But right now I'm liking my long hair. Especially when it gets a trim and feels good and looks better. It boosts my self esteem some. It makes going out in public not as bad.

So, what do YOU do to make yourself "feel pretty"? Anything special?
I don't have a signature
BigCamera4892

Re: What do you do to make yourself pretty?

Postby BigCamera4892 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:24 pm

Well, I don't do anything to get "pretty"; I'm a guy.

But, to look good or if I'm going out:

Besides the regular stuff of a shower and shave, I don't go to a unisex hair place. I go to a real, old fashioned barber shop. They charge $13, and they take about 35 minutes or so.

They cut the hair with scissors and electric razors. Trim the sideburns. But here's the cool thing: An old fashioned long straight razor, about 8 inches long I guestimate. This razor blade looks like something out of the old West.

First, they sharpen the blade on a piece of leather hanging from the barber chair.

Then they use hot shaving cream from a dispenser on the wall. Then then put the cream on my neck, continuing up to both ears. Then I have to stay real still, while the barber takes this long straight edge razor, and shaves the back of my neck up to my ears. Then he finishes (with that blade) the bottom of my hair where it ends at my neck.

When he is finished, and I look in the mirror, it really looks good.

And that's what I do before I go out. Then I put on some nice clothes, and I'm ready for anything.
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:27 pm

Nothing :p
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:32 pm

I don't wear colonge: I think it smells terrible. Ew. The two times I've been on a date (I know, I'm a loser) I use a really good smelling shampoo and wear semi-formal clothes. I think formal are too stuffy. It makes me feel presentable but not overdressed if I keep it semi-formal.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
willowrose

Postby willowrose » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:34 pm

BigCamera4892 wrote:Well, I don't do anything to get "pretty"; I'm a guy.

But, to look good or if I'm going out:

Besides the regular stuff of a shower and shave, I don't go to a unisex hair place. I go to a real, old fashioned barber shop. They charge $13, and they take about 35 minutes or so.

They cut the hair with scissors and electric razors. Trim the sideburns. But here's the cool thing: An old fashioned long straight razor, about 8 inches long I guestimate. This razor blade looks like something out of the old West.

First, they sharpen the blade on a piece of leather hanging from the barber chair.

Then they use hot shaving cream from a dispenser on the wall. Then then put the cream on my neck, continuing up to both ears. Then I have to stay real still, while the barber takes this long straight edge razor, and shaves the back of my neck up to my ears. Then he finishes (with that blade) the bottom of my hair where it ends at my neck.

When he is finished, and I look in the mirror, it really looks good.

And that's what I do before I go out. Then I put on some nice clothes, and I'm ready for anything.

That IS an old fashioned barber shop!!! And sounds a bit scary. :shock: .. I've often thought about going to a barber shop. Because I was told if I don't want the hair stylist to argue with me about what I should do with my hair, to go to a good old fashioned barber shop 'cause they'll do what you ask and that's that.

But anyway, sounds nice! :) And sideburns rock. (not on me. But on boys. Yes. *nods* ))
I don't have a signature
willowrose

Postby willowrose » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:35 pm

Wii fit man wrote:I don't wear colonge: I think it smells terrible. Ew. The two times I've been on a date (I know, I'm a loser) I use a really good smelling shampoo and wear semi-formal clothes. I think formal are too stuffy. It makes me feel presentable but not overdressed if I keep it semi-formal.

semi-formal is good. :)
I don't have a signature
BigCamera4892

Postby BigCamera4892 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:40 pm

willowrose wrote:That IS an old fashioned barber shop!!! And sounds a bit scary. :shock: .. I've often thought about going to a barber shop. Because I was told if I don't want the hair stylist to argue with me about what I should do with my hair, to go to a good old fashioned barber shop 'cause they'll do what you ask and that's that.

But anyway, sounds nice! :) And sideburns rock. (not on me. But on boys. Yes. *nods* ))

I like my sideburns.

But yeah, when they use that razor on the back of my neck, I hold my breath - I am afraid he (the barber) might cut me. But he never has 8)

And yes, all I do is tell him what I want, and he does it - no questions asked and no suggestions for something else. I just go in, the barber does his thing, and 35-40 minutes later, I'm out of there.

I've been to a "stylist" a few times. It's like I went to another planet. And for guys they (stylists) only take about 10 minutes or so for the whole thing. Where I go, it's a good 35 minutes.
GlittersBlings

Postby GlittersBlings » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:01 am

Nothing, actually.
willowrose

Postby willowrose » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:33 am

GlittersBlings wrote:Nothing, actually.

I don't usually put on makeup and stuff but I NEED my hair trimmed and I NEED my eyebrows waxed in order to feel decent about myself. :?
I don't have a signature
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:34 am

Likewise. Nothing. I'm not here to impress anyone with my looks.

But it's also easy for me to say that. I have big boobs so I really don't have to be pretty. lol
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:44 am

^^
:mrgreen:

As a dude, I follow 6 simple rules.

1. Comb hair enough so it doesn't look like I just woke up.
2. Use pit stick, so you don't stink.
3. Don't dress like a douche.
4. Never use cologne/body spray; it reduces D-factor (D=douchebag)
5. Never pay too much for soap. They all work the same way so why pay for somebody's slick ad campaign?
6. Mow my face every morning.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:18 am

EDIT: No one has to know my beauty secrets. :P
Last edited by Pip Tweek on Fri May 08, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:13 am

Waxed eyebrows?

I'll put on a suit, dress shoes and some cologne, that's pretty enough for me. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
willowrose

Postby willowrose » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:51 am

Just_Jackie wrote:Likewise. Nothing. I'm not here to impress anyone with my looks.

But it's also easy for me to say that. I have big boobs so I really don't have to be pretty. lol

Ah, :wink: I got the boobs too. Quite proud of them actually.

I think my hair and my brows are more for me. You know? It's like I can't stand looking at myself in the bathroom mirror unless my brows are perfectly shaped!!! ... Then again, that could actually be cause for therapy. :?

:wink:
I don't have a signature
willowrose

Postby willowrose » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:53 am

triplemultiplex wrote:^^
:mrgreen:

As a dude, I follow 6 simple rules.

1. Comb hair enough so it doesn't look like I just woke up.
2. Use pit stick, so you don't stink.
3. Don't dress like a douche.
4. Never use cologne/body spray; it reduces D-factor (D=douchebag)
5. Never pay too much for soap. They all work the same way so why pay for somebody's slick ad campaign?
6. Mow my face every morning.

:D
Pretty good list you got there.
I don't have a signature

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”