South Park Sold Out!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

tommy2tone20

Re: South Park Sold Out!

Postby tommy2tone20 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:15 am

Wii fit man wrote:
Pip Tweek wrote:
butters kenny wrote:Jeez PT what bit you in the ass?

Yo Mama.

But really, I get annoyed when I see this board bombarded with posts about how SP is not the sacred cow it used to be and it's no longer the work of genius intellect and high art that it used to be.

Thank you!

PT's old, but he's still got a bit of manlihood in him. :P

its all in good fun !
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:17 am

^You say we are sheep for having opinions, now you want us to change our opinion so that we are not sheep? Wouldn't that be... somewhat hypocritical?

Pip Tweek wrote:^^ Suffice it to say the OP is almost entirely incoherent to begin with.

And no, OP, I'm not "killing art" by having the punchline to the gay fish joke as my sig. Get a hold of yourself. :roll:

...who's op?

Pip Tweek wrote:But really, I get annoyed when I see this board bombarded with posts about how SP is not the sacred cow it used to be and it's no longer the work of genius intellect and high art that it used to be.

This happens every time a new half season comes on, at least since I joined the boards. It does get a tad annoying, but I do think that SP is different from the older episodes, not always in a good way either, but that is just my opinion.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
tommy2tone20

Postby tommy2tone20 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:21 am

Kelly MacCornmac wrote:^You say we are sheep for having opinions, now you want us to change our opinion so that we are not sheep? Wouldn't that be... somewhat hypocritical?

Pip Tweek wrote:^^ Suffice it to say the OP is almost entirely incoherent to begin with.

And no, OP, I'm not "killing art" by having the punchline to the gay fish joke as my sig. Get a hold of yourself. :roll:

...who's op?

Pip Tweek wrote:But really, I get annoyed when I see this board bombarded with posts about how SP is not the sacred cow it used to be and it's no longer the work of genius intellect and high art that it used to be.

This happens every time a new half season comes on, at least since I joined the boards. It does get a tad annoying, but I do think that SP is different from the older episodes, not always in a good way either, but that is just my opinion.

f*ck half season they are more annoying then half birthdays if we need to count these things then we are not enjoying ourselves and yes i am a hypocrite hooooray what r u going to do about it that the purpose we are all a little hypocritcal and fake but that waS NOT THE GOAL OF THE SHOW IN MY OPINION EXAMINE THY SELF
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:35 am

Yes we are a little bit of hypocritical. But you are trying to force people to have opinions that they do not have (that is if they didn't have that opinion in the first place).

What is your goal then?

SPU! Join it!
kaileykorn

Postby kaileykorn » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:50 am

I wouldn't say South Park has "sold out," per se, but their latest episodes haven't been all that great. Can't say I've been too impressed with them, especially because they keep reusing the same characters in the same ways with slight twists in the plot that really don't add to the overall creativity of the episode. It's become predictable and mundane. I'd really love to see an episode that makes me laugh really hard at least once.
bumpa

Postby bumpa » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:07 am

i wonder who really writes sp..
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:08 am

bumpa wrote:i wonder who really writes sp..

dolphins.
psnthewell12

Postby psnthewell12 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:10 am

Hey big douche OP, I don't understand your english. Seriously, I know its the internet but at least make your posts somewhat coherent. What're you like twelve anyway? Were you even born when the show started? That's what your ramblings make me think.
Honestly though you are lauding this show as high art? I'm sure Matt and Trey will probably tell you their first goal on this show is to make a show that people will laugh at. That the majority will laugh at, none the less.
That is the goal of any comedy series. They started out with construction paper honestly c'mon. You are the person that they consistently make fun of in their episodes. You need to take step back and stop dwelling on the negative. Again you big giant douche.
"I rarely drive steamboats dad. There's a lot of sh*t you don't know about me"
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:14 am

Actually, no, that's not true. Trey has said in interviews they set out to make shows they find funny ..and if everyone else likes it, well that's just gravy.
psnthewell12

Postby psnthewell12 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:17 am

Also I have to say: Character and plot development in the course of twenty two minutes is f*cking ridiculous to think possible in the day to day life of an episode. The episodes lately have had potential that they haven't reached but its time constraint related. So to do what they do in a week is actually pretty amazing you big douche.
psnthewell12

Postby psnthewell12 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:18 am

Just_Jackie wrote:Actually, no, that's not true. Trey has said in interviews they set out to make shows they find funny ..and if everyone else likes it, well that's just gravy.

Funny is funny plain and simple. Funny to him. Funny to us. We are similar then.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:30 am

Somehow I think anyone who does comedy has to think their own work is hilarious because humor can be really subjective. You can get away with making formulaic crap in music that is produced specifically to be hit material, but I don't think it's possible for someone to write comedy for a mass audience that they themselves don't think is funny.

Speaking of selling out, has anyone here seen THIS at their local supermarket?

When this caught my eye, I did a double-take and almost dropped my groceries and ran out of the store screaming.
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:42 am

I don't blame you PT, at all.... I would run too

SPU! Join it!
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:44 am

I can up you one on that, I think.

Yes, I bought it. I'm on a diet, don't judge me! :cry: :(
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:45 am

tommy2tone20 wrote:Dear Fellow Members and/or devoted fans,
I have started this forum to recruit those of you who believe that south park sold out after the 10th season. This is a funeral. This is a debate. I want those who disagree with me to please join this madness. The world ends when the show is killed! Chef died! Issac Hayes converted to scientology! God Damn it! it was so wonderful at it's peek and has become way to direct with it's messages. It used to be subtle and now it's sickeningly uncreative. I am angry and want you to be angry with me! i am depressed and want you to be depressed with me! Why is kenny a drug addict? Why is Mr. Garrison a man again! What the f*ck happened to Cartman! They made him too blunt. They gave away the secret and threw away the magic and recipe. WHere is the piano music? WHere is the cynicism and since when did south park become the new family guy or even The Simpsons? When did this happen and how can we change it? How can i be offended by south park? I am a fan of the show being offensive! I love you guys! Trey Parker and Matt stone are brilliant but dissapoint me. I am dedicated to watching each episode! Does any other fan agree with me? Am i alone! PLease help me! What happened to towlie? Who's saying baby that don't mean a thing? Nowadays clancy can;t even sing! I guess this economy is effecting everyone, even our heroes, the animators and show writers!

Maybe you should like... do something productive with your life calling Matt and Trey your heroes, eating sleeping and breathing South Park, hating every episode since season 10 yet still obsessively watching it as of season 13. "Am I alone! Please help me!" OH NO! My favorite TV show isn't as good to me anymoar! HELP! Yes, my friend, South Park is certainly serious bussiness.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”