South Park Sold Out!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

tommy2tone20

Re: South Park Sold Out!

Postby tommy2tone20 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:18 am

Kelly MacCornmac wrote:Yes we are a little bit of hypocritical. But you are trying to force people to have opinions that they do not have (that is if they didn't have that opinion in the first place).

What is your goal then?

i dont have one. i just wanted to make a thread to talk about south park i cleary stated that in the beginning have your opinion please do thats the point thats why i started this u wrote your opinion and i wrote mine and we had fun get passionate, not obesssed
tommy2tone20

Postby tommy2tone20 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:21 am

kaileykorn wrote:I wouldn't say South Park has "sold out," per se, but their latest episodes haven't been all that great. Can't say I've been too impressed with them, especially because they keep reusing the same characters in the same ways with slight twists in the plot that really don't add to the overall creativity of the episode. It's become predictable and mundane. I'd really love to see an episode that makes me laugh really hard at least once.

really modest and honest kudos! per se is a gateway drug to cliche' despite the reference to the twilight episode
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:26 am

You are so lucky. But...WARNING MILEY CRYRUS RUN!!!!

EDIT: Sorry, I was referring to someone who posted earlier.
Last edited by Kelly MacCornmac on Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
tommy2tone20

Postby tommy2tone20 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:28 am

psnthewell12 wrote:Also I have to say: Character and plot development in the course of twenty two minutes is f*cking ridiculous to think possible in the day to day life of an episode. The episodes lately have had potential that they haven't reached but its time constraint related. So to do what they do in a week is actually pretty amazing you big douche.

I agree i am also a big douche errrr get angry they are the two most talented artists of there time
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:38 am

Cartman's_bitch 2 wrote:I've never even heard any Hannah Montana songs, and I'm more clueless on HSM than the four boys... :|

You are lucky. Well, I haven't really heard the songs either, the girl I am friends with who does like that show was my roommate, but whenever she would watch that crap, I would be in my room online or watching horror movies or something. I don't know much about HSM either, but it looks annoying and it is everywhere so I hate it.
bmxride2828

Postby bmxride2828 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:13 am

tommy2tone20 wrote:Dear Fellow Members and/or devoted fans,
I have started this forum to recruit those of you who believe that south park sold out after the 10th season. This is a funeral. This is a debate. I want those who disagree with me to please join this madness. The world ends when the show is killed! Chef died! Issac Hayes converted to scientology! God Damn it! it was so wonderful at it's peek and has become way to direct with it's messages. It used to be subtle and now it's sickeningly uncreative. I am angry and want you to be angry with me! i am depressed and want you to be depressed with me! Why is kenny a drug addict? Why is Mr. Garrison a man again! What the f*ck happened to Cartman! They made him too blunt. They gave away the secret and threw away the magic and recipe. WHere is the piano music? WHere is the cynicism and since when did south park become the new family guy or even The Simpsons? When did this happen and how can we change it? How can i be offended by south park? I am a fan of the show being offensive! I love you guys! Trey Parker and Matt stone are brilliant but dissapoint me. I am dedicated to watching each episode! Does any other fan agree with me? Am i alone! PLease help me! What happened to towlie? Who's saying baby that don't mean a thing? Nowadays clancy can;t even sing! I guess this economy is effecting everyone, even our heroes, the animators and show writers!

I completely disagree with you. They did, for a while, start to "sell out", but with season 13 they have truly brought South Park back to it's roots. If you don't think so then I guess we aren't watching the same episodes.
I just want an erection so that I can give it to my mom.
-Kyle Broflovski, "Spontaneous Combustion"
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:09 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:Well Will, it may be true that in the 70's ( and 80's and up til today) there were celebrities indorsing food products, but at least you didn't have to deal with High School Musical.
No, he only had to deal with the Osmonds. :lol:
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:51 pm

Yeah, there's a whole timeline of cheesy mega-popular pop culture acts of dubious talent from the start of pop culture itself. In the 60's it was the Monkees, then the Archies, then in the 70's there were the Osmonds and the Partridge Family, Sean Cassidy, in the 80s it was Tiffany, Debbie Gisbson, Menudo, New Kids On The Block, then in the 90's Hanson, Backstreet Boys, 'N'Sync, Britney Spears, Billy Ray Cyrus and...

Ugh...I can't continue. This list is making me sick. :stanpuke:

But the point is, as horrible as the over-exploited spawn of the equally untalented Billy Ray Cyrus is, the sad truth is, society as always had to endure garbage acts like these being relentlessly pushed on us for as long as its been possible to make money from the associated merchandise of novelty recording acts.
tommy2tone20

Postby tommy2tone20 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:08 am

bmxride2828 wrote:
tommy2tone20 wrote:Dear Fellow Members and/or devoted fans,
I have started this forum to recruit those of you who believe that south park sold out after the 10th season. This is a funeral. This is a debate. I want those who disagree with me to please join this madness. The world ends when the show is killed! Chef died! Issac Hayes converted to scientology! God Damn it! it was so wonderful at it's peek and has become way to direct with it's messages. It used to be subtle and now it's sickeningly uncreative. I am angry and want you to be angry with me! i am depressed and want you to be depressed with me! Why is kenny a drug addict? Why is Mr. Garrison a man again! What the f*ck happened to Cartman! They made him too blunt. They gave away the secret and threw away the magic and recipe. WHere is the piano music? WHere is the cynicism and since when did south park become the new family guy or even The Simpsons? When did this happen and how can we change it? How can i be offended by south park? I am a fan of the show being offensive! I love you guys! Trey Parker and Matt stone are brilliant but dissapoint me. I am dedicated to watching each episode! Does any other fan agree with me? Am i alone! PLease help me! What happened to towlie? Who's saying baby that don't mean a thing? Nowadays clancy can;t even sing! I guess this economy is effecting everyone, even our heroes, the animators and show writers!

I completely disagree with you. They did, for a while, start to "sell out", but with season 13 they have truly brought South Park back to it's roots. If you don't think so then I guess we aren't watching the same episodes.
i can see why u would say that ! but where are those roots ? are they still alive? i appreciate your respect, friend
redblade7

Postby redblade7 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:20 am

SPS is really starting to turn into a Linux "technical support" message board.
Stop complaining and have fun! Don't want to watch it? Don't!
"Don't touch me! I've had my nuts broken, body poisoned, have been made love to in the ass by three dozen 40-year-old men—I just wanna go home and take a, a hot bath!" -Stuart McCormick
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:32 am

Pip Tweek wrote:Yeah, there's a whole timeline of cheesy mega-popular pop culture acts of dubious talent from the start of pop culture itself. In the 60's it was the Monkees, then the Archies, then in the 70's there were the Osmonds and the Partridge Family, Sean Cassidy, in the 80s it was Tiffany, Debbie Gisbson, Menudo, New Kids On The Block, then in the 90's Hanson, Backstreet Boys, 'N'Sync, Britney Spears, Billy Ray Cyrus and...

Ugh...I can't continue. This list is making me sick. :stanpuke:

But the point is, as horrible as the over-exploited spawn of the equally untalented Billy Ray Cyrus is, the sad truth is, society as always had to endure garbage acts like these being relentlessly pushed on us for as long as its been possible to make money from the associated merchandise of novelty recording acts.

True, but the reason, but Hannah Montana and everyone in HSM are the current untalented brats who are in everyone's face right now, so they are the ones I hate the most. At least in 5 years they will be jokes like most everyone you listed who came before them, but unfortunately for the rest of us they will probably be replaced by someone even more annoying.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”