Anime/Manga Chat!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Callalilly543

Anime/Manga Chat!

Postby Callalilly543 » Wed May 13, 2009 1:50 am

this is for the otaku that wach south park and really want to show off their anime and manga knowledge.
It takes 44 mussels for me to frown, but it takes only 4 for me to turn around, raise my middle finger, and say, "Bite me."
Peg

Re: Anime/Manga Chat!

Postby Peg » Wed May 13, 2009 4:03 pm

My favorite animes are
'Myself; Yourself'
and
'Kimi ga Nozomu Eien'
Oh hi. So, how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato.
*slow clap*
steelspine

Postby steelspine » Sat May 16, 2009 6:15 pm

In terms of anime I would have to say Fullmetal Alchemist ,Afro Samurai and Bleach are some of my
favorites.
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words ... words might hurt me deeply, causing great emotional, mental, and psychological damage leading to a lowered self-esteem and decreased work-related efficiency."
-- Anonymous
steelspine

Postby steelspine » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:25 am

I have too add The manga version of FullMetal Alchemist and
Afro Samurai not too menttion Battle Royale.

Also sometime during the summer a new anime that follows
the manga (original story) of FullMetal Alchemist called fma brotherhood airs on youtube in english subtitles will also be
dubbed into english and released in spring 2010 with most of
the original voice cast repriseing their roles.
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words ... words might hurt me deeply, causing great emotional, mental, and psychological damage leading to a lowered self-esteem and decreased work-related efficiency."
-- Anonymous
steelspine

Postby steelspine » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:22 am

Recently I saw the new FullMetal Alchemist series Brotherhood
which follows the manga more faithfully than the first anime and
to be honest I am surprised how faithfully they've been to the manga with the exception of a few episodes (mainly cutting dialouge for time.) but if you can look past that plus some of the
depth from the dialouge they cut is missing which is ashame but
not to much from what I remember. other On a plus side the original japanese voice cast has returned as well. As for the english dub due to the child that played Al now being in his late
teens he will no longer play the part but the voice actor they
menttioned should be a good replacement I can't quite remember his name I've him in Romeo x Juliet and he was talented for his age however Aaron Desmuke the original Al will
play a diffrent role later in the series and Dameon Clarke will no
longer reprise his role as scar since he has moved to california to attempt to become a live actor but the other english cast will
return to reprise roles they had and one that hadn't had before Funimation hopes to release the first 32? episodes on dvd in spring.
Last edited by steelspine on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Anonymous
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:48 am

I like the usual choices: Bleach, Gundam (all of them), Trigun, Deathnote, Code Geass, 3x3 Eyes, etc. I don't really read Manga, but I started reading a few Bleach volumes online. Lately I've been watching the original Mobile Suit Gundam online. I'm about halfway through, and it is quite excellent. Speaking of which...Amuro & Char are fixing to go at it, so Tobe! Gundamu!

As a side note: I detest watching subs, so if there has not been an English dub, chances are I haven't seen it.
steelspine

Postby steelspine » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:05 am

Thunderhorse wrote:I like the usual choices: Bleach, Gundam (all of them), Trigun, Deathnote, Code Geass, 3x3 Eyes, etc. I don't really read Manga, but I started reading a few Bleach volumes online. Lately I've been watching the original Mobile Suit Gundam online. I'm about halfway through, and it is quite excellent. Speaking of which...Amuro & Char are fixing to go at it, so Tobe! Gundamu!

As a side note: I detest watching subs, so if there has not been an English dub, chances are I haven't seen it.

While technically it's based on the anime have you seen any of the live action Deathnote films? even though they're subtitled they're well worth renting if you can find them at Blockbuster especially the actor they have playing L he seems dead on for the part. However there are some minimal changes but if you can forgive them it sums up to be a decent trilogy ( one sequel and one prequel about L's origins called L Change the world.)
-- Anonymous
N / A

Postby N / A » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:12 am

Axis Powers Hetalia is my favourite right now.

I also like Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, Elfen Lied, Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball, and Ranma 1/2. Kind of a weird combination.
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:57 am

steelspine wrote:
Thunderhorse wrote:I like the usual choices: Bleach, Gundam (all of them), Trigun, Deathnote, Code Geass, 3x3 Eyes, etc. I don't really read Manga, but I started reading a few Bleach volumes online. Lately I've been watching the original Mobile Suit Gundam online. I'm about halfway through, and it is quite excellent. Speaking of which...Amuro & Char are fixing to go at it, so Tobe! Gundamu!

While technically it's based on the anime have you seen any of the live action Deathnote films? even though they're subtitled they're well worth renting if you can find them at Blockbuster especially the actor they have playing L he seems dead on for the part. However there are some minimal changes but if you can forgive them it sums up to be a decent trilogy ( one sequel and one prequel about L's origins called L Change the world.)

I haven't seen them, but I've heard good things. I've also heard the english VO cast dubbed it. The Hot Topic out here sells at least one of the DVDs, so I'll pick it up eventually.

Also, I seem to have left out Dragonball Z out of my original post. How I could forget it is beyond me.
Peg

Postby Peg » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:03 am

N / A wrote:Axis Powers Hetalia is my favourite right now.

I also like Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, Elfen Lied, Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball, and Ranma 1/2. Kind of a weird combination.

Yeah, dude. Elfen Lied is awesome.
Oh hi. So, how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato.
*slow clap*
iloveyouguys

Postby iloveyouguys » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:08 am

I love Deathnote.
This is my signature. I made it small so anyone who tries to read it has to copy and paste the text somewhere else only to find that it isn't interesting at all. Congratulations. Also, fuckshitcockassbitchtitspenisfagskankwhorecuntpoop.
steelspine

Postby steelspine » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:19 pm

A while back I posted I was a Hellsing fan but I've only seen the
the Ultimate series but does any one know it differs from the original anime series?

Alucard = exact defeition of bada$s.
Last edited by steelspine on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Anonymous
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:01 am

N / A wrote:Axis Powers Hetalia is my favourite right now.

MY SISTER IS SO FUCKING IN LOVE WITH THAT SHOW.

It's annoying as hell sometimes. >_>
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
McCormick_livesagain

Postby McCormick_livesagain » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:02 am

I like the Fruit's basket manga series. I'm not a huge fan of anime though.
Favorite character: Kenny!!!
Favorite episode: RainForest Shmainforest

"I like girls with big fat titties, I like girls with big vaginas"! << I love Sp's perv =D
chucker333

Postby chucker333 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:30 am

Hi Guys! Just want to share a good (dunno know if you'll consider this good) news....
..Anyway, for those who don't know it yet, Japan will make a live adaptation of Yamato Nadeshiko. The cast has already been decided.
..As for me I am not yet sure if I should be delighted. I am just wondering on how they will portray the hilarious animation of the manga such as the chibi appearance of Sunako. Hopefully, I won't be disappointed as I was when I watched Prince of Tennis (movie) Live.

[url removed]Botox in Sherman Oaks[/url]

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”