Anime/Manga Chat!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Kennyfan2468

Re: Anime/Manga Chat!

Postby Kennyfan2468 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:04 am

Wii fit man wrote:I will say this: the English dubbing of Naruto is absolute crap.

I agree but will say that you souldn't be singleing out naruto because ther are PLENTY of other shows that have that have dubbs that suck compared to the japanese verson[ Espesely ONE PEICE]
steelspine

Postby steelspine » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:05 am

Kennyfan2468 wrote:
Wii fit man wrote:I will say this: the English dubbing of Naruto is absolute crap.

I agree but will say that you souldn't be singleing out naruto because ther are PLENTY of other shows that have that have dubbs that suck compared to the japanese verson[ Espesely ONE PEICE]

Agreed but an interesting question is which anime has had the
worst dubb?
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words ... words might hurt me deeply, causing great emotional, mental, and psychological damage leading to a lowered self-esteem and decreased work-related efficiency."
-- Anonymous
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:11 am

Hey, well I haven't really sat down and watched anime in a long time..But tonight, I went to Hollywood video and I rented this horror/martial arts movie called Blood The Last Vampire. I haven't watched it yet, but on the back of the dvd box it says that the movie is based on an anime and a manga..I was wondering if anyone here is familiar with the anime.
steelspine

Postby steelspine » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:27 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:Hey, well I haven't really sat down and watched anime in a long time..But tonight, I went to Hollywood video and I rented this horror/martial arts movie called Blood The Last Vampire. I haven't watched it yet, but on the back of the dvd box it says that the movie is based on an anime and a manga..I was wondering if anyone here is familiar with the anime.

Actually I rented the anime that last week but I was confused as to weither it was part of a series or an individual film, either way it wasn't too bad. If it was a film it felt like there was a lot of backstory missing but if it was a series it could be good, there's no way to critique it if it was only a single episode. But I've never
read the manga.
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words ... words might hurt me deeply, causing great emotional, mental, and psychological damage leading to a lowered self-esteem and decreased work-related efficiency."
-- Anonymous
Ranius

Postby Ranius » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:38 pm

Personal favorites would be Elfen Lied and Neon Genesis Evangelion. I know the latter is somewhat cheap but there is way more that can be found there. For example a ton of fanservice! XD For people who dislike clichés i'd reccomend Darker Than black instead, it has a few similar points.
Bleach - which i don't follow anymore btw - can be interesting as manga since the animation sucks! As for Naruto... i still read the manga if i manage. I stopped with the anime as soon as i figured out it was all fillers after the ~60th episode.

Trigun FTW!!
FMA FTW!!
FMP FTLoL!!
Fillers = crap
Eng dubs = crap (at least for first few episodes)
____
Idiocracy, Fog of war, Enemy Image, Zeitgeist, Addendum, Zeitgeist Refuted, B. and B. two faces of the same coin... So what is the truth?
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:06 pm

IT GIVES ME INNER STRENGTH!

steelspine wrote:I just rented Akira a few weeks ago ( I've seen it before but it's
been a while.) but I heard something interesting, that it was based off a manga and the film only tells half the story. Does any one know if this is true and if it is did they ever publish the
manga in english?

Yeah, any good bookstore should have it, providing they actually sell manga [which is something more and more stores are doing!]. And half the story? Try about... 20% or so. It's freakin' huge.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
steelspine

Postby steelspine » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:24 pm

Jay C wrote:

IT GIVES ME INNER STRENGTH!

steelspine wrote:I just rented Akira a few weeks ago ( I've seen it before but it's
been a while.) but I heard something interesting, that it was based off a manga and the film only tells half the story. Does any one know if this is true and if it is did they ever publish the
manga in english?

Yeah, any good bookstore should have it, providing they actually sell manga [which is something more and more stores are doing!]. And half the story? Try about... 20% or so. It's freakin' huge.

Thanks I'll have to keep my eyes peeled, I had heard it was half but I
didn't think that so much of a story would be cut. :shock:
-- Anonymous
Your Moms Fav Person

Postby Your Moms Fav Person » Sun May 16, 2010 12:34 am

Here's my favorite anime

1. Vampire Knight
2. Death Note
3. Naruto (it's a better manga than it is a show in my opinion)
4. Bleach
5. Full Metal Alchemist

I really want to start watching Hellsing, I think anime does a good job at the whole Vampire thing
I was evilcupcake72 or evilcuntcake72, depends on if you liked me or not

Can you tell me what's similar between a raven and a writing desk?
Niels wrote:Something

deviantART: http://evilcupcake72.deviantart.com/
formspring: http://www.formspring.me/AtomicPlatypus
Azer

Postby Azer » Sun May 16, 2010 1:41 am

Death Note, FMA and Naruto are my fav 3, i didn't really watch the complete Hellsing anime because it's full of blood and gore lol but from what i've seen/heard it's really good for it's own genre, worths a watch
Your Moms Fav Person

Postby Your Moms Fav Person » Sun May 16, 2010 1:49 am

Azer wrote :
> Death Note, FMA and Naruto are my fav 3, i didn't really watch the complete
> Hellsing anime because it's full of blood and gore lol but from what i've
> seen/heard it's really good for it's own genre, worths a watch

I saw a little bit of it, I love bloody and gory anime so I'm hooked
which is weird, because I'm also a fan of "My Melody" :lol:
I was evilcupcake72 or evilcuntcake72, depends on if you liked me or not

Can you tell me what's similar between a raven and a writing desk?
Niels wrote:Something

deviantART: http://evilcupcake72.deviantart.com/
formspring: http://www.formspring.me/AtomicPlatypus
steelspine

Postby steelspine » Fri May 21, 2010 11:41 pm

Has anyone seen Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood? FMA is probably my favorite manga of all time it,s amazing how close it is to the original subtitled in japanese
-- Anonymous
seamus yarr

Postby seamus yarr » Fri May 21, 2010 11:51 pm

you lot are probably going to want my head after you read this but i just thought i would say that i think the whole thing is a pile of bollocks
where i live you would probably be cosidered wierd for even knowing what it is!
and the sad thing is that you lot are going to all defend it with passion which also frys my head! Its a bloody cartoon!
"I tried to watch the Spurs game in my hotel room but I fell asleep"-Arsene wenger
evilcupcake72

Postby evilcupcake72 » Sat May 22, 2010 12:14 am

................anyways....................

I'm probably going to watch the next part of Hellsing In a minute
that sh*t has me hooked
PopRocksAndSoda

Back off, snickerdick!
I wanna ride your Rapidash ;D
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Sat May 22, 2010 12:21 am

seamus yarr wrote :
you lot are probably going to want my head after you read this but i just thought i would say that i think the whole thing is a pile of bollocks where i live you would probably be cosidered wierd for even knowing what it is! and the sad thing is that you lot are going to all defend it with passion which also frys my head! Its a bloody cartoon!

You're joking, right, Seamus? Do you really think hardly anyone in Ireland knows what anime is?

I took the liberty of locating these. I don't think you'll like them:

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=709
http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=4897922031
http://www.eirtakon.com/
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=6799

I'm not a fan of anime either. But that's my opinion, and other people have theirs. How could you justify clicking on the link to this thread just to tell everyone who likes it that it's a bunch of bullsh*t?

It just sounds like you're trying to distance yourself and the things associated with you from things you don't like, in an attempt to establish a desired image for yourself. Don't take that as an attack either. It's just really what it looks like.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Sat May 22, 2010 1:44 am

seamus yarr wrote :
> you lot are probably going to want my head after you read this but i just
> thought i would say that i think the whole thing is a pile of bollocks
> where i live you would probably be cosidered wierd for even knowing what it
> is!
> and the sad thing is that you lot are going to all defend it with passion
> which also frys my head! Its a bloody cartoon!
"If you don't like it, why click it?"

--[removed] on what you just said

(Don't ask who that is. It's kinda private.)
Last edited by Wii fit man on Sat May 22, 2010 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”