Wow.
Just_Jackie

Re: Unpublished photos of Marilyn Monroe surface

Postby Just_Jackie » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:12 am

lol.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:32 am

Very beautiful pictures. I think it is too bad that modern actresses and models are not as beautiful or glamorous as Monroe or Betty Page or other actresses and models from that era. All the big actresses now are way too skinny and I don't find them that sexually attractive and I don't want to look like them either.
Ranius

Postby Ranius » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:31 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote:...way too skinny and I don't find them that sexually attractive and I don't want to look like them either.
Good. Most catwalk models are wanted on the verge of anorexia cause the clothes fit better... or in other words, the cloths are pronounced if you've got "nothing" wearing them.
Also note that there is not a single picture in a magazine that has not been retouched, even to the point where the person looks completely different.

And the final point, nowadays it's very hard to find a model ... make that a person with such a spark as she had. Marilyn FTW!
____
Idiocracy, Fog of war, Enemy Image, Zeitgeist, Addendum, Zeitgeist Refuted, B. and B. two faces of the same coin... So what is the truth?
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:05 pm

I never really looked at fashion magazines til a few months ago. Mostly because people left their copies of Vogue and such around and I was bored. I did notice that the clothes really stood out in the picture, because the women who are wearing them are so thin. And it is not very attractive. I noticed one picture with this girl who was so skinny, she not only literally had no boobs to fill out her dress, her waist was so small, she didn't even really look human. For one, most women are not that skinny and if someone who is not a model goes and buys that outfit it it going to hang much differently on their body, it going to look different that the picture.

I don't find women that skinny attractive..Most women I see where I live, even the ones who are really preppy who try to look like the models are not that skinny. And if you see someone that thin where I live, there is a good chance they are on crystal meth, or have an eating disorder..That isn't very sexy.
missycartman

Postby missycartman » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:40 pm

Lovely photos.. she was indeed very beautiful :D
schmedes2

Postby schmedes2 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:38 pm

It's amazing how different models like her or Dorian Leigh look compared to models today. I think that a lot of the models today are slowly shifting from the reatrdedly skinny look to a more natural one, but still it's rather disgusting how much these skinny "freaks" are promoted as the prime example for models to look like.

Models like Heidi Klum and Tyra Banks are much curvier and don't suffer from skinnyitis, so hopefully that shift becomes more permanent.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”