A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

angeldeb82

It seems Sarah Palin is resigning...

Postby angeldeb82 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:34 am

Still the same as it ever was.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: It seems Sarah Palin is resigning...

Postby Big-Will » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:20 am

This news is so last week.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Michaeloptv

Postby Michaeloptv » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:15 am

Almost feels like last month! :lol:

Yea...idk what to say, except that I wish her luck! :wink:
"Where I go, Destruction will follow"

I am a hybrid of Butters, Tweek, and Clyde.

Official Winner of Page 1900!
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:49 pm

Coming this fall to FOX News, it's "Talkin' 'Bout Stuff with Sarah Palin!"

Palin's attempts to explain her resignation are the most incoherent, rambling diatribes I have ever heard out of somebody in government. What the hell was that basketball analogy about? Who are you passing that ball to? I don't exactly see any "open players" on her "team".

You read it! You can't unread it!
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:13 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:Coming this fall to FOX News, it's "Talkin' 'Bout Stuff with Sarah Palin!"

Palin's attempts to explain her resignation are the most incoherent, rambling diatribes I have ever heard out of somebody in government.

It's just like anything else I've ever heard her say. At her very best, she's capable of spouting off some superficial rhetoric. But most often she literally just babbles...... on and on making absolutely no sense whatsoever.

"Heartbeat away from the Presidency." - what a nightmare that was to consider.. :shock:
Jake, M'kay?

Postby Jake, M'kay? » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:49 pm

Theres a "Palin 2012" billboard in my town.... :/
Last edited by Jake, M'kay? on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
Irish_Q

Postby Irish_Q » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:49 pm

Thank god... She pisses me off. Just when I was going to give her a little credit, BAM she turns her back on Alaska and resigns, the most dishonorable thing a politician can do. You get the job, you take the job to the end. No excuses. She chickened out. Her political career is over. Regardless what the press says. The politicians will not have a quitter elected into a higher office.
~+~Irish_Q~+~
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:47 am

She is probably making the right choice..Not because I disagree with much of her political stance, which I do, but because she seems kind of flaky. However, at the same time, I kind of hope once she has no political power people in the media leave her alone. I have decided it is kind of sick and wrong the way the media does what it can to tear people down for their ratings, I sure would hate to have that kind of attention, actually I did on a much smaller scale in High School and it sucked. Making fun of a celebrity or a politician along with the media and the rest of the country is about the same thing as the kids who picked on me every day at school..In the past I did find it fun to make fun of certain celebrities and conservative politicians for their scandals, but I don't want to be that person anymore.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:01 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:She is probably making the right choice..Not because I disagree with much of her political stance, which I do, but because she seems kind of flaky. However, at the same time, I kind of hope once she has no political power people in the media leave her alone. I have decided it is kind of sick and wrong the way the media does what it can to tear people down for their ratings, I sure would hate to have that kind of attention, actually I did on a much smaller scale in High School and it sucked. Making fun of a celebrity or a politician along with the media and the rest of the country is about the same thing as the kids who picked on me every day at school..In the past I did find it fun to make fun of certain celebrities and conservative politicians for their scandals, but I don't want to be that person anymore.

You're throwing too much together into the same pot. I feel compassion for kids who get picked on at school because often times they don't deserve it and they're in a closed system they have no control over. People in government have an obligation, for which they are compensated handsomely, to serve the people as well as represent them. If they abuse the power that comes with the territory, then they deserve the backlash.

I will agree that the tabloid culture is out of control, and that is a bad thing when the paprazzi relentlessly intrude on the lives of public people, but if they damage their own reputation by acting like idiots, then they deserve the scorn.

It's wrong, for example, to make fun of Christopher Reeves for being disabled. It's not wrong to make fun of Rob Reiner for imposing his will on people.

That's just the way I see it anyway..
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:10 pm

Pip Tweek wrote:It's just like anything else I've ever heard her say. At her very best, she's capable of spouting off some superficial rhetoric. But most often she literally just babbles...... on and on making absolutely no sense whatsoever.

"Heartbeat away from the Presidency." - what a nightmare that was to consider.. :shock:

Surely you saw this website in the run-up to the election:
http://www.palinaspresident.us/
(click around & make sure you've got speakers on)

You read it! You can't unread it!
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:22 pm

^^ Yeah, TMX, I saw it the first time around, but it's still funny to go through it again. :lol:
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:24 pm

BTW Where were all you people when Obama had to vacate his senate seat to become president? Couldn't it be said he let his people down, didn't carry the job through to the end? etc etc etc

Anyway, her career will in no way suffer for this.

There is always a lot of talk about the "people"
blah blah blah but, the truth of the matter is the only people who really matter are the big wigs of each party. Sad? Yes. Unfair and lame? Yes.

True. Yes. This is politics, after all.

If she stepped down from her position to make way for her to run for pres in '12, then chances are she had the blessings of the big shots within the republican party to do so.

The few people in the media whose opinion I cared about (being those who actually look at the facts as they stand and don't make decisions based on political bias or on their own personal opinion of the candidate) made one point that at least made sense to me.

Barack Obama was a legistator when he ran for president. Palin was a governor, which is an executive position.

As the head executive of Alaska, she had more commander and chief experience than Obama as the head of the Alaska National Guard. It also gave her more budget balancing experience than Obama. And despite the fact that democrats did everything they could to discredit her, she united the Republican party like no one else has in a long time.

My guess would be someone decided to combine all these things and have her run in '12. And, with the US deficit reaching 1 trillion dollars for the first time in US history, a fiscal conservative on the ticket may have a really good chance of winning.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:41 pm

BTW Where were all you people when Obama had to vacate his senate seat to become president? Couldn't it be said he let his people down, didn't carry the job through to the end? etc etc etc

He moved on to bigger things he was elected to do. She quite a job.

As the head executive of Alaska, she had more commander and chief experience than Obama as the head of the Alaska National Guard. It also gave her more budget balancing experience than Obama. And despite the fact that democrats did everything they could to discredit her, she united the Republican party like no one else has in a long time.

Everyone has secretaries, and other workers to help them with these things. She doesn't micro-manage, I can guarantee that. And that experience isn't much, sorry to say. Alaska's population is REEEEEAAAAALY small. And she was a mayor of a tiny town.

This isn't that much executive experience, although more than Obama. It really makes little to no difference, when comparing them. He represented more people than she did. He was, damn people hate this word, a community organizer. Palin blasted him for this, and even made a rude ass remark.

"being a small town mayor is sorta' like being a "community organizer" - except with real, actual responsibilities. " - Palin

What an assh*le.

My guess would be someone decided to combine all these things and have her run in '12. And, with the US deficit reaching 1 trillion dollars for the first time in US history, a fiscal conservative on the ticket may have a really good chance of winning.

Get rid of the Social issues, and yeah, you're right. But Sarah Palin isn't this candidate. You need a Social Liberal/Economic Conservative like...... Damn, barely any are out there. This will be hard for the Republicans even next election. :?
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:57 pm

. Sad? Yes. Unfair and lame? Yes. True. Yes

Just because the status quo is plagued by pervasive injustice, does not mean we should simply accept it. Politics is a messy business but the rulers should serve the people, as if they do not, then their rule is invalid and the democracy lacking in authority; if an act does bad by the people it should be blamed.

Where were all you people when Obama had to vacate his senate seat to become president?

She's not president yet. She's not even campaigning at the moment. If memory serves correct, Obama only dropped his senate seat after WINNING, and spent his campaign trail sitting on it. So no, it couldn't be said he's done the same as her.

she had more commander and chief experience than Obama

As the president of the united states for, by that time four years, Obama will have had far more expierience than Palin by the time of the next election. He already has more expierience as president and arguably of power considering the size of the role of president compared with governor.

democrats did everything they could to discredit her

She discredited herself. I shouldn't have to count the ways but, in not only denying some of the most evidenced scientific theories but also diseases that effect millions such as autism, she showed an ignorance of science unbefitting of anyone placed in the rains of power. Most damaging of all are the records of her failings in Alaska. Her speaking skills may be acceptable for a soccer mum, but for the president of the united states those interview gaffes leave her sorely lacking.

fiscal conservative

So not the social/religious conservative Palin then?

kind of hope once she has no political power people in the media leave her alone

I wish we could move on from these old personalities but not because it might hurt her; being a politician she has walked willingly into the public eye and deserves all the ridicule that can be heaped upon her from those who find her ideas absurd, it's part and parcel of the job.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:03 am

EDIT EDIT: I had to change the link because the link to the pic stopped working. http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=38866 Hopefully this one will stay for a while.

I thought it would be relevant....
Last edited by Kelly MacCornmac on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”