Oh lord, he's at it again...

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

BRMBug

Oh lord, he's at it again...

Postby BRMBug » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:40 am

Screw unusual news item, this deserves a thread all to itself.

Kanye West declares "I'm the new king of pop"

Story

“You know everyone loves and respects Michael but times change. It’s so sad to see Michael gone but it makes a path for a new King of Pop and I’m willing to take that on. There’s nobody who can match me in sales and in respect so it only makes sense for me to take over Michael’s crown and become the new King. First there was Elvis, then there was Michael, now in the 21st century its Kanye’s time to rule. I have nothing but respect for Michael but someone needs to pick up where he left off and there’s nobody better than me to do that. I am the new King of Pop.”

Oddly enough, there were parallels made to Michael and Elvis on the afternoon radio show I listen to... either yesterday or Tuesday. It came out in Entertainment News that apparently the only way Michael could get to sleep was by a continuous I.V. of that drug that they found (can't remember what it was right now) and they would wake him up by stopping the I.V. So essentially he was being anesthetized every night, and then having to get up and go and do however many hours of rehearsals for that tour? Jesus man.

Ok, so discuss any and all of that at will.

GO!
nitrogens

Re: Oh lord, he's at it again...

Postby nitrogens » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:48 am

BRMBug wrote:Kanye West declares "I'm the new king of pop"

No, he's just a gay fish :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:53 pm

Wow.

You know, I remember when he made that blog post after Fish Sticks came out...and he said he was gonna STOP this sh*t. He didn't learn anything apparently.
Peg

Postby Peg » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:42 am

Just_Jackie wrote:Wow.

You know, I remember when he made that blog post after Fish Sticks came out...and he said he was gonna STOP this sh*t. He didn't learn anything apparently.

Dude, you're so right 'bout that.. When I compare that blog with this blog, then I dare to mention his state of mind now as 'severely decreased'.
Oh hi. So, how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato.
*slow clap*
RideTheLightning

Re: Oh lord, he's at it again... DERP!

Postby RideTheLightning » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:53 am

That's a shame...
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:02 am

For real, if I didn't watch SP and didn't read this board, I would have no idea who Kanye West is. I've avoided pop radio for years, but I still know essentially who's who. I know artist/band names like Coldplay, Maroon 5, Mastodon, Beyonce, etc. I know about these contemporary acts even though I haven't watched MTV in probably a decade, and I only hear pop music when someone listens to it near me.

Kayne West is just an idiot.

But a lucky idiot. I actually wish I could have delusions of grandeur like he does. How great it must be to actually believe you're the hottest sh*t in all the world when there is no evidence to support it at all.
Deerbuster

Postby Deerbuster » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:33 am

Moron!
Look at the bright side of his stupidity... material for a FUTURE SOUTH PARK EPISODE :idea:
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:11 am

Pip Tweek wrote:For real, if I didn't watch SP and didn't read this board, I would have no idea who Kanye West is. I've avoided pop radio for years, but I still know essentially who's who. I know artist/band names like Coldplay, Maroon 5, Mastodon, Beyonce, etc. I know about these contemporary acts even though I haven't watched MTV in probably a decade, and I only hear pop music when someone listens to it near me.

Kayne West is just an idiot.

But a lucky idiot. I actually wish I could have delusions of grandeur like he does. How great it must be to actually believe you're the hottest sh*t in all the world when there is no evidence to support it at all.

Dude weak... you didn't just group Mastodon in with Beyonce, Maroon 5, and Coldplay. You grouped progressive metal with songs averaging 10 minutes with jazz, classic rock, and metal influences in with pop...

But ah, I say let Kanye think he's the f*cking man, he'll end up spending his time in a metaphorical gutter not realizing how much life sucks if you're an idiot and anyone who isn't an ignorant f*cking moron like he is will be enlghtened with music like Pink Floyd, or Kiko Loureiro, or um... MASTODON :cartmanlaugh:
Cartman5678

Postby Cartman5678 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:17 am

He is not that special. His songs are terrible.
Cartman5678

Postby Cartman5678 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:22 am

This just in (over 3 yrs. ago) http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/t17606/
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:11 am

I haven't been a Micheal Jackson fan since I was 10..But there still are a couple of songs of his I like..Namely Thriller, which is I guess what a lot of horror fans would say...That was a pretty f*cking cool music videos, and you don't really see artists putting that kind of effort into a music video anymore..As for Kayne West, I have never paid attention to him, nothing about his music really catches my attention. The only song of his I really know is that Gold Digger one..I don't really have strong feelings about it, I don't hate it, but I wouldn't buy it either. I haven't even paid enough attention to him to realize he was someone being relevent enough to be made fun of on South Park..He probably really does need to get over himself, because I can think of a whole bunch of artists in a few genres of music who are a lot more interesting and probably more talented than him.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:54 pm

RideTheLightning wrote:
Dude weak... you didn't just group Mastodon in with Beyonce, Maroon 5, and Coldplay. You grouped progressive metal with songs averaging 10 minutes with jazz, classic rock, and metal influences in with pop...

You're right; I shouldn't have done that. I was just throwing out some names that are contemporary just to make a point as someone who is out of the loop with today's music . By no means was I lumping them all together. Believe me.

My point is that if Kayne actually thinks he can put himself in the same category as Elvis and MJ in terms of widespread fame, he is not only a gayfish, but a tardfish.
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:54 pm

Dudes, check out the jacket.

That jacket screams MJ.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:29 pm

Kanye West wrote:First there was Elvis, then there was Michael, now in the 21st century its Kanye’s time to rule.

...and he refers to himself in 3rd person for the douchebag win!

You read it! You can't unread it!
ScottPruitt

Postby ScottPruitt » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:31 pm

Yes its Kanye's time to rule... Believe me he'll rule.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”