Oh lord, he's at it again...

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

2+2=5

Re: Oh lord, he's at it again...

Postby 2+2=5 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:35 pm

For real, if I didn't watch SP and didn't read this board, I would have no idea who Kanye West is.

I still havn't heard one of his songs, except the one "gay fish" was a parody of someone linked me. He must be thankful some other people listen and get him money, though I wish south park would stop parodying people who'll fade away in 10 years, delusions of grandeur or not.

you didn't just group Mastodon in with Beyonce, Maroon 5, and Coldplay.

I've only heard one of those bands songs...

. I actually wish I could have delusions of grandeur like he does.

I just wish i had the cash ;P

Just a question; with michael gone, who do you think the real king of music is now? if there is one...
SuperMaids/superiorsavior/PIPaul strikes again...because he forgot his Passover. Again.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:50 pm

I first heard about the story on (of all places) The Wendy Williams show, and in the picture they had of him, he was wearing a red jacket with white curly-q piping on the lapels that was verrry MJ. And of course, now I can't find it anywhere. :roll:

I only have one Kanye song on my ipod, and it's Flashing Lights off of Graduation. And I've been considering getting one or two other tracks from that album too.
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:21 am

Well, now he denies saying he's the "new King of Pop". Here's the story. :P
Still the same as it ever was.
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:08 am

Leave the guys alone you guys, you're just supporting his ego. :roll:
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
Ienzo

Postby Ienzo » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:02 am

No one replaced Elvis as the King of Rock, so therefore no one should replace Michael as the King of Pop. And Kanye's not the most respected or whatever and I thought he did rap and not pop anyways but whatever I don't listen to his music, only the Gay Fish song lol. Besides no one realy cares about Kanye, after all he's a gay fish.
How did you find me, when you where there, bathed in the light?
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:08 pm

I guess it would beg the question...

Who is the next King of Pop?

For me, it would be someone like Usher Raymond. But there are so many possibilities there are probably a lot of worthy people I haven't thought of yet...
timmysgay

Postby timmysgay » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:27 am

god damn it he's an asswad celebrity he thinks hes amazing.he uses a f*cking computer to change his goddamned voice.hes just a mother funking gayfish....................... :evil:
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:29 pm

Oh, there we go...

So as for the next in line for the throne, what about Justin Timberlake? He kinda needs another (successful) album or two under his belt to be a contender imo, but I think he's a possibility.
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:55 pm

Yea I had thought of him as well. I think he's also a contender.
Morgueanna

Postby Morgueanna » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:36 am

I've always thought Kanye West was a douche bag. With that being said, I nominate him for the Biggest Douche in the Universe award of 2009. It would be an honor for him to represent the Milky Way Galaxy in this category. I think his qualifications for this award surpass the great John Edward by far.
My parents said they'd ground me if I (insert ridiculous stunt here).
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:07 am

Random: every time I read this subject line, I get the feeling that I was channeling my inner Chef's Mom when I wrote it. :lol:
TOTAL_BRUTAL

Postby TOTAL_BRUTAL » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:10 pm

Kanye has always been a f*cking gaywad. First off, there are plenty of pop artists out there who are more respected than him, and second I'm sure there are others who have outsold him. Artists OUTSIDE of the pop and hip hop genres have outsold him. Metallica for instance, with at least 100,000,000 albums sold. Kanye couldnt touch that number if his life depended on it. There's never been any reason for his ego to be so inflated.
Morgueanna

Postby Morgueanna » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:48 am

TOTAL_BRUTAL wrote:Kanye has always been a f*cking gaywad. First off, there are plenty of pop artists out there who are more respected than him, and second I'm sure there are others who have outsold him. Artists OUTSIDE of the pop and hip hop genres have outsold him. Metallica for instance, with at least 100,000,000 albums sold. Kanye couldnt touch that number if his life depended on it. There's never been any reason for his ego to be so inflated.

I could not agree with you more. I mean, shoot...look at U2 (I know a lot of people hate Bono...but this is just an example. And Metallica likes them so I thought it linked up). They are one of the biggest freakin' artists out there. The Edge is seen as one of the biggest guitar virtuosos out there.

Led Zeppelin! Kanye could never touch that status.

The Beatles! They're so epic they've got Cirque du Soleil shows inspired by them, Across the Universe, a whole videogame dedicated to them, etc.

As far as pop artists go, that idiot could never replace Michael. I mean, look at Cher...she's been around since the stone age...(j/k)...but I mean, he'll never have that following like her.

I think Justin Timberlake has a way bigger fanbase than that guy has. At least Justin Timberlake has some real talent. Especially on SNL. :cartmanhappy:
All I can say is "D*ck in a box!"
My parents said they'd ground me if I (insert ridiculous stunt here).
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:04 pm

Four words: Barry Gibb Talk Show.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”