New era for Disney as studio chief steps down

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

angeldeb82

New era for Disney as studio chief steps down

Postby angeldeb82 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:20 am

So I guess no one knows what the future holds, but I know it may be good.

Story
Still the same as it ever was.
M00ndragon69

Re: New era for Disney as studio chief steps down

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:06 am

Well, I hope whoever is in charge now decides to make some cool animated movies..Like all the original classic animated movies, with really beautiful HAND DRAWN ( for the record, I don't find Pixar that impressive, I only really like Toy Story one and two) animation or like the ones in the 90's..I loved The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, and The Hunch Back of Norte Dame. And The Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my favorite movies.. And what else was cool was that in the early 80's there were some live action movies by Disney that were kind of PG rated horror..Something Wicked This Way Comes was one of them, I recently saw most of it on Youtube and it wasn't bad, I thought it was cool that it had so many dark themes and it was a Disney film, infact I thought it was a much better than most newer movies. Too bad it is such a hard movie to find.. Some really good stuff was made in the past by Disney, but you wouldn't know it now with all the Hannah Montana and High School Musical crap. I hope whoever takes over tries to have the studio make decent movies, stuff people will still watch decades later, instead of just trying to make money off stupid parents and their brats.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:20 am

There's a torrent for everything. ;)

Great movie, and not a star vehicle.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:14 am

I would actually rather rent that movie on dvd, with our router, watching movies online kinda sucks. It is hard to stay focused on the movie when it keeps pausing.Not much fun..I would rent Something Wicked This Way Comes if our sucky local video stores had it. But they have a bad habit of getting rid of many older movies..f*ck Hollywood and Blockbuster.
Morgueanna

Postby Morgueanna » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:34 am

Big Will is right! There is a torrent for like EVERYTHING! One of my buddies got this rare 1930's silent film of Alice in Wonderland so I'm sure they'd have Something Wicked This Way Comes! I remember watching that movie on the Disney Channel when I was like 8 but then again that was 12 years ago...before the Jonas-Hannah-Suite Life-whatever stuff took over.

Disney has totally lost its mojo as far as the "magic" goes. Beauty and the Beast is one of my faves too. But I think there's hope with this new Tim Burton Alice in Wonderland!!!

And don't even get me started on Nightmare Before Christmas...I've loved that movie ever since I saw it in theaters.
My parents said they'd ground me if I (insert ridiculous stunt here).
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:52 am

Morgueanna wrote:Big Will is right! There is a torrent for like EVERYTHING! One of my buddies got this rare 1930's silent film of Alice in Wonderland so I'm sure they'd have Something Wicked This Way Comes!

Well, I had downloaded it through a torrent and was watching it when I said that. :) Now I have to check out another download: Repo!

Morgueanna wrote:before the Jonas-Hannah-Suite Life-whatever stuff took over.

That stuff has been a part of Disney ever since the Mickey Mouse Club came into being in the early days of TV.

Morgueanna wrote:And don't even get me started on Nightmare Before Christmas...I've loved that movie ever since I saw it in theaters.

Oh sooooomewhere deep inside of these bones...
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Scotland

Postby Scotland » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:08 am

I'm not a fan of torrents myself plus I don't like to rent either. I usually wait till it comes out on DVD and goes on offer or is reduced.

Thats how I got my Sonic game. I waited for an extra month and I bagged it for £5!

But on topic, it would be nice to see them go back to basics in movie making.
Yeah! So I did! I wanna just smiling!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”