and is due for theatrical release January 10,th 2010 a link for
the trailer is posted on the bottom. From what I've heard it's
described as being like Road warrior with demons. Personally
I don't go to the movies much any more but I may make an
exception for this one it seems kind of original. Not too much
fiction has used god or angels as an antagonist only a few pieces
of fiction come to mind in that area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGE_zSdCzDU
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words ... words might hurt me deeply, causing great emotional, mental, and psychological damage leading to a lowered self-esteem and decreased work-related efficiency."
-- Anonymous
M00ndragon69

Re: What is your favorite scary movie?

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:15 am

Oh yeah I have heard of Legion. Go check out the religion thread and see what this asshat wanna be movie critic loud mouth ( who also has videos on Youtube as the Amazing Athiest) had to say about it.. Maybe I will go see it.

Speaking of horror movies with Christian themes, I am watching one right now..The House of the Devil..It isn't even out in theaters yet, but it is on my pay per view. It was inspired by all the paranoia about Satanic Cults in the 80's..The movie opened with a caption that basically read that in the 80's, 70% of adults believed that abusive Satanic cults existed, and 30 % of these adults believed that the lack of evidence of these cults was due to a government conspiracy.

Anyway I rented this movie late last night, but I get to keep it for a whole day. Last night, I feel asleep towards the end, so I missed all the violent Satanic stuff.It isn't a bad movie though, I liked how the director filmed it so it looks like a movie from the 80's.
steelspine

Postby steelspine » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:16 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote:Oh yeah I have heard of Legion. Go check out the religion thread and see what this asshat wanna be movie critic loud mouth ( who also has videos on Youtube as Amazing Athiest) had to say about it.. Maybe I will go see it.
the
Speaking of horror movies with Christian themes, I am watching one right now..The House of the Devil..It isn't even out in theaters yet, but it is on my pay per view. It was inspired by all the paranoia about Satanic Cults in the 80's..The movie opened with a caption that basically read that in the 80's, 70% of adults believed that abusive Satanic cults existed, and 30 % of these adults believed that the lack of evidence of these cults was due to a government conspiracy.

Anyway I rented this movie late last night, but I get to keep it for a whole day. Last night, I feel asleep towards the end, so I missed all the violent Satanic stuff.It isn't a bad movie though, I liked how the director filmed it so it looks like a movie from the 80's.

Satanic cults huh? It's difficut to think anybody could believe in
them let alone a government that can barely work together could cover them up. About two years ago there was a theory
that there may have been a serial killer that was a satanist just
because of some grafitti and tree carvings target UWM students.
over the last ten years because usually they'd drink too much and drown in the Milwaukee river (Which seems to be the most
logical explanation)as the area not far from the bar is a steep
hilly cravass that at the time led to the river within the last five
years they added a concrete barrier and no ones drowned since.
It truly is amazing that people still jump to conclusions first and
think logically second.

But back to the topic of horror movies there is one site I've found
to contain decent info on upcoming horror films thats rarely if
ever wrong although they can be slow when it comes to posting
data it's posted below

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words ... words might hurt me deeply, causing great emotional, mental, and psychological damage leading to a lowered self-esteem and decreased work-related efficiency."
-- Anonymous
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:50 am

Well, in the 80's there were a lot of people on the news saying that they had recovered memories of their family members being in Satanic cults and abusing them..Like sexually abusing them or making them participate in human sacrifice and cannibalism and such. This was one reason why Christians in the 80's were so freaked out by heavy metal and people involved in Wicca and neo paganism.

But anyway, thanks for the link..I usually go check out Fangoria's site or Dread Central's.. I don't really take much stock in what the movie critics on the site say because there have been many times I disagree with them, but they are cool sites for information on films that not mainstream..
xyxablink

Postby xyxablink » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:12 am

I know that you all have heard of the "Ju-On"...with an Englsuh version " The Grudge".. for me that's the best horror film that I've ever seen.. that's next to "The Ring"....Asian filmakers like the chinese and Japanese were really great in doing for I almost got my hairs up on those films...

And now, I'll add the "Zombieland"....
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:18 am

I finally get to go see Zombie Land on Thursday.
steelspine

Postby steelspine » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:08 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:I finally get to go see Zombie Land on Thursday.

How was it? I've heard good things about it but most people gripe that there aren't many zombies in it.
-- Anonymous
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:40 am

Well actually I am going tomorrow..It looks really good.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:34 am

I saw it tonight. I f*cking loved it. I don't want to spoil Zombie Land for anyone, but if you haven't seen it yet, go see it. If you are going to see a horror movie on Halloween night I would say Zombie Land ( or Paranormal Activity, I haven't seen it yet but I wanna see it) is probably the best choice..You know what? f*ck Saw. I did like the first two Saw movies, when they came out, but it has gotten old. I am starting to feel like the movies are just lectures on morality and you all know, how I hate those kind of lectures. So tomorrow night, I am going to this haunted house with my friend instead of going to watch Saw opening night.
Beard

Postby Beard » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:50 am

M00n, you gonna see that so called "scariest movie ever"?
Formerly known as Master_Of_All

Consistent poster in the Character Discussion threads.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:07 am

Yeah I might go see it, on Halloween. See if it is as good as people make it out to be. I think it would be fun, infact from what I know about it, it's popularity reminds me of how The Blair Witch Project was huge 10 years ago. That is a movie people either love or hate, but I liked it. I am not one of those horror fans who bitches about how movies are no longer scary because of all the gore, I don't mind a lot of gore and violence in my movies at all, but I didn't mind that you didn't really see any in The Blair Witch Project. I liked the idea behind the film, especially because I saw the book that was released when the movie was.. It talked more about the stories about The Blair Witch and I found that really interesting. I also have good memories of seeing that movie in the theater and getting creeped out..And talking about the movie with all my goth and pagan friends, because of course, every one of us had seen it. I hope Paranormal Activity is as fun.

I don't know about seeing Legion though..I saw the trailer today in the theater. The idea behind it is interesting, but I can tell it is going to have a lot of CGI in it..I don't really like CGI much. I would rather just watch The Prophecy again, infact I haven't seen it in a few years.
Beard

Postby Beard » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:23 am

I hope Paranormal Activity is as fun.
From what I heard from my horror fan friends, it was. And it's really popular too. It made, like, double what any movie has made this year.

it's popularity reminds me of how The Blair Witch Project was huge 10 years ago.
I remember those same friends freaking out over that movie. About a quarter hated it, the rest loved it a lot.
Formerly known as Master_Of_All

Consistent poster in the Character Discussion threads.
steelspine

Postby steelspine » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:27 am

Chances are I might end up renting Butcher, it looked awesome and was described as The Blair witch project
crossed with Hostel.
-- Anonymous
dontcallmechica

Postby dontcallmechica » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:05 am

I just saw Paranormal Activity. It wasn't to my taste. I thought it was about as scary as a flickering light bulb, but you know... flashing lights can be scary... as well as blackouts... and spiders. *looks around shiftily*
Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your own home.
steelspine

Postby steelspine » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:43 am

So far it looks like Halloween will be tedious as always
I still haven't been able to find a copy of Butcher
RueMourge (a horror film mag that's not afraid to
to criticize) gave it a pretty good review but so far no
luck finding it although ZombieLand was a pretty
good film to my surprise although it could have used more
zombies, Anyway I may and well try Suncoast video they
It's usually easy enough to find foreign films over there.

P.S Has anybody on this board seen The Audition?
I've heard thats supposed to be pretty good.
-- Anonymous

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”