-Alan Grayson

"Tolerance of intolerance is just as good as intolerance."
-TheAmazingAtheist

Formerly: gtaca2005 Member since: Thu Jan 06, 2005
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize.... :/

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:44 am

I think he just might be the Antichrist. I mean, to be nominated just 13 days after he took office...

(The antichrist is supposed to be a charismatic leader who lulls everyone into a false sense of peace while he plans for world domination. War breaks out anyway)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
ssouthparkk4602

Postby ssouthparkk4602 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:45 am

Big-Will wrote:I think he just might be the Antichrist. I mean, to get the prize just weeks after he took office...

OH sh*t!

HE FITS THE BILL!

Not really, the anti-Christ has to be from Europe....
Last edited by ssouthparkk4602 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If the President has a BLT tomorrow, the Republicans will try to ban bacon."
-Alan Grayson

-TheAmazingAtheist

BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:53 am

That is so insane.
ssouthparkk4602

Postby ssouthparkk4602 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:05 am

"THAT IS MY AWARD!"

-Alan Grayson

-TheAmazingAtheist

erjolog

Postby erjolog » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:49 pm

Well, after reading the article, i think what it says there is true, he has really improved the US image, but still the Nobel prize is usually given after doing something big, which i believe he´ll do, but they should have given it to him later, and if they wanted to encourage him, maybe they should have made it by other means ;)
Fav. character: Me(eric) Cartman!
2nd fav Character: Chef
3rd fav character: mexicans
saludos^^
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:16 pm

They did this only 'cause Obama couldn't get the Olympics for Chicago. :P

trickofthehand

Postby trickofthehand » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:11 pm

I support Obama but even I can admit that he doesn't deserve it. I believe it was merely a gesture by the world community.

"Hey, we like this guy, that last guy was a complete moron. Good job America".
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:24 pm

trickofthehand wrote:I support Obama but even I can admit that he doesn't deserve it. I believe it was merely a gesture by the world community.

Yay! He's not George W. Bush! Give him the prize before he f*cks up!

trickofthehand

Postby trickofthehand » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:39 pm

Big-Will wrote:
trickofthehand wrote:I support Obama but even I can admit that he doesn't deserve it. I believe it was merely a gesture by the world community.

Yay! He's not George W. Bush! Give him the prize before he f*cks up!

/shrug
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:37 pm

I guess they're rewarding Obama preemptively for all the awesome sh*t he's going to do for the world? I mean where the hell did this come from? At least let the guy end a war or something first.

I know the last guy was a retard but c'mon, is this because he made it through the first 8 months without starting a war? Yay, less of the world totally hates America; here, have a Nobel.

Well at least it will result in some great comedy from the right wing while they completely lose their sh*t about this. I'm sure there's a highlight reel for Rush Limbaugh already.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:42 pm

I was hoping for a win by the underpants gnomes.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
JohnHorn

Postby JohnHorn » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:21 pm

To me this discredits nobel bell prizes All together.
To me it entirely discredit’s it espeically seeing that those things are not as true as they may first appear.
For one Barack obama didn't oppose all war’s the U.S. was part of and it did not support potentially legitimate strugles of other countries like terorist claiming t be “freedom fighters” I think this alone should remove him from the list if we have such a situation every pacifist on the planet is more deserving of the nobel peaceprize. maybe even peta they don't support the war in afghanistan or iraq.– They threaten Iran with nuclear action who cares if their planning to make atomic bombs when the country threatening all out war itself has far to many nuclear weapons. Any actions to reduce nuclear weapons in other countries should be accepted unless the country itself disarms a greater number of nuclear weapons if it has a— status such as that of the U.S.. and that is just a compromise suggestion. In reality i would prefer it to be entirely seen as illegitimate unless the u.s. reduce their own nuclear aresonal down to no bombs because that is what Iran has. the upkeeping of contract is, not worth the upkeeping of other morality.

Their would be one method of making sure that legal documents follow morality.
If the antichrist in the christian sense is real and your description of the antichrist is accurate yes barack obama is then the antichrist hence you should technically be quivering in fear and running into a fall out shelter if you believe in the I forgot the name it is so irrelevant.
for me however this proves that their isn't even common sense to their decision making and that a person is not evaluated either on merit or on their actions however popular or unpopular they may be.
it is more likely that they just gave a vote and probably not even one of the scale of do you think he deserves a nobel prize. and if people answered yes to such a one as a majority and that is how it was done that disproves either the accuracy of their judgement or the fairness of the vote.

triplemultiplex wrote:I guess they're rewarding Obama preemptively for all the awesome sh*t he's going to do for the world? I mean where the hell did this come from? At least let the guy end a war or something first.

I know the last guy was a retard but c'mon, is this because he made it through the first 8 months without starting a war? Yay, less of the world totally hates America; here, have a Nobel.

Well at least it will result in some great comedy from the right wing while they completely lose their sh*t about this. I'm sure there's a highlight reel for Rush Limbaugh already.

In this case if they did good jurnalism they would in my view do much better at dismantelling his credibility though that in my view is about as unlikely as them giving left wing critiq. i think both is about as likely so if that ever does happen i woul dhave to increase my probability for either case. also i believe that the reason they don't perform good jurnalism is that either their in denial or don't believe what they are saying themselves. i suspect the first one is the case, but the second one is not unlikely.
ssouthparkk4602

Postby ssouthparkk4602 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:10 am

Dude, he shouldn't have been the one to receive it, but I just KNEW the Conservatives would turn this into a way to attack Obama. The right wing is very VERY good at making something out of nothing. I have a comment on YT before all the TV shows started that predicted it, and wouldn't you know it, Rush is already on it. :roll:

P.S. Obama even said he didn't deserve it.

(I am not defending Obama, I am saying what I see as right. He didn't deserve it, at the same time, he should not be attacked for it. HE didn't ask for it. He didn't know ANYTHING until he won.)
-Alan Grayson

-TheAmazingAtheist

HELPME

Postby HELPME » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:14 am

gtaca is an Obamabot.
Cartkicker24 wrote:You have sex with a tiger

Cartkicker24 wrote:You have sex with your mother

Damn right.