Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize.... :/

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

trickofthehand

Re: Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize.... :/

Postby trickofthehand » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:54 am

I think Rush popped an artery after hearing this. So much for his "I hope he fails". I laughed my ass off when Colbert called him a "part-time snowman model".
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:03 am

ssouthparkk4602 wrote:
M00ndragon69 wrote:
ssouthparkk4602 wrote:Yeah, Mewster is a nut, and that is why we love Mewster.....

Is Mewster back? Hope so, I kinda miss him.

I only just heard about Obama winning. I think he should have actually done something before getting a noble peace prize..Simply not being George Bush isn't anything special, I mean I am not Bush, where the f*ck is my award?

Yes, and most Liberals agree with that. (Including me.)

But I will be at the forefront of the debates online trying to stop idiots like Rush and Glenn turning this into an attack.

Yeah, and no one should have been calling you names.

Personally I am feeling like there are too many extremists in politics and news media that covers politics on both sides. The conservatives vs liberals thing has gotten out of hand, are the extremists going to have finally start killing eachother before everyone else sees how f*cked up and counter productive them attacking eachother is?
MaChrona

Postby MaChrona » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:00 am

I think it will be a while (I do hope) before people kill others for what they think is right... no that's wrong.... I almost forgot... religion...

How about this, I think it will be a while before the Dems and Reps kill each other in the US for being on the other team. Ya, that will do. So far, the most they have done (from what I have seen) is attack each other verbally. Attacking verbally is not the same as litter ally attacking someone and I doubt for now that unless there is a huge angry mob or a few lone people then it wouldn't be an issue.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:10 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:
ssouthparkk4602 wrote:Yeah, Mewster is a nut, and that is why we love Mewster.....

Is Mewster back? Hope so, I kinda miss him.

Nah.

I kinda wish i coulda met him, as I am a major Cartman hater myself.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:55 am

Alot of people didn't like him because of his hatred of Cartman...But I got along with him.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:21 am

I sure as hell didn't. ;D

Yeah, this sure was my 'What The Hell?' moment for yesterday. I wish I had FOX news just to see how big a stink was caused by it but alas! being British does have its drawbacks, I guess.

And let's not forget how wacky the Nobel Peace Prize can be, for you can plant trees and win, after all. Hell, Kissinger won it.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
ssouthparkk4602

Postby ssouthparkk4602 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:46 am

Not having FOX is NOT a drawback, it's a luxury! :D
"If the President has a BLT tomorrow, the Republicans will try to ban bacon."
-Alan Grayson

"Tolerance of intolerance is just as good as intolerance."
-TheAmazingAtheist

Formerly: gtaca2005 Member since: Thu Jan 06, 2005
hultgen

Postby hultgen » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:27 pm

I really hope they make a new episode about this...
stalkspizzaguy

Postby stalkspizzaguy » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:36 pm

It sounds like they payed for him to win this thing, just so they can get people to start liking him again. Really, I dont see what he's done but apologize for everything the US has done, which makes us look like sissys..
-sigh-
I just dont understand really anything he does, the Nobel Prize is such an old sought out award....why exactly does he deserve this, and if the majority have to think of the answer to that, then I dont think he deserves it for any reason at all.
JohnHorn

Postby JohnHorn » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:48 pm

Except for an argument by popularity that may be present within intepretation it hink the underlieing argument i agree too.
if a persons merit is truely so great then his foot prints would be in all major action’s the american government would tought this because he is the president. the fact that the american government doesn't write down something like,
“Obama great revolutionary…………”,
or something like that has to be seen as a bit suspicious in itself goverment will make stuff up to make the president look good and will hide things that make the president look bad. But the government won't hide things that make it look good. that rule works quite well of course the government could try to apply it’s own general policies and make it loo bad :lol: . but that is the people catching on which happens again and again so just realizing that something is od is hardly going to change the PR campaign.

this serves most for me to discredit the nobel prize giving all together.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:32 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote:Alot of people didn't like him because of his hatred of Cartman...But I got along with him.

I saw an archive of his site, that opening video was kinda funny XD

And Jay, you didn't get along with him because you're a pooper :wink:
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Aleicia

Postby Aleicia » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:39 pm

Oh he won. Am I shocked? ...

Not in the slightest. He's a good person and has improved the image of the US but he's not worthy of that award... It was only given to him because his predecessor was a complete idiot. It should have gone to someone else.
ssouthparkk4602

Postby ssouthparkk4602 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:41 am

stalkspizzaguy wrote:It sounds like they payed for him to win this thing, just so they can get people to start liking him again. Really, I dont see what he's done but apologize for everything the US has done, which makes us look like sissys..
-sigh-
I just dont understand really anything he does, the Nobel Prize is such an old sought out award....why exactly does he deserve this, and if the majority have to think of the answer to that, then I dont think he deserves it for any reason at all.

Taking ownership of your mistakes is called being mature.

The people that think he "apologized" too much are taking the immature point of view.
"If the President has a BLT tomorrow, the Republicans will try to ban bacon."
-Alan Grayson

"Tolerance of intolerance is just as good as intolerance."
-TheAmazingAtheist

Formerly: gtaca2005 Member since: Thu Jan 06, 2005
stalkspizzaguy

Postby stalkspizzaguy » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:05 am

it's not the only thing that really gets to me, just seems to be the only thing he's been doing much of =/
dominicscarantino

Postby dominicscarantino » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:13 am

And do you know why he got the prize? Because he "wants" to reduce nuclear weapon stockpiles in the world... not like he's gonna do anything about it

Oh and for all of you out there saying George W. Bush was an idiot you should be killing yourselves for being so incredibly stupid. He reduced terrorism across the world by showing what a destructive power the USA can be, and that anyone who f**ks with us is going to die.

And Barack Hussein Obama... improving our image!? First... well theres his name for starters. Second, he hasn't done ANYTHING to even try and improve this economy, other than wanting to raise taxes (which of course doesnt work). Third, he just won the nobel peace prize for no f**king reason.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”