Who do you think are the most evil corporations?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

adara

Re: Who do you think are the most evil corporations?

Postby adara » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:53 am

AIG, General Motors, and of course... Hot Topic
go with the lesser of evils.
JohnHorn

Postby JohnHorn » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:33 am

triplemultiplex wrote:Can't forget to include Blackwater (or "Xi" as they are now called) and any other private military contractor.

The very concept of a private mercenary army is evil. Making money by killing people? That's like James Bond villain sh*t. Especially with that guy from Blackwater who's also this fundamentalist uber-Christian imperialist who thinks he's on some crusade to beat up Muslims so Jesus will come back and be his pal.

I would look into that and argue that their by religious fundamentalism/intolerance is a form of mental insanity. :lol:
if I was a psychologist.

So… here is a start of the list,
xi/shell/DeBeers
these are actually examples of kinds of companies that are evil[or corporations to be more precise.]
PrincessCaitlyn

Postby PrincessCaitlyn » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:38 am

NICKELODEN......(Disney is ok in my mind....)
Kyle Broflovski's Future Wife! :]
Jakey Ashford

Postby Jakey Ashford » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:13 am

Puny Americans, the mighty TESCO is coming for your wal-mart! It cannot be stopped, it is by far the most evil corperation of all!
Mwa ha ha ha haaa!!!! :twisted:
deathandecay

Postby deathandecay » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:22 pm

Hot Topic.

Just burn them all down, please.
DrBiggie

Postby DrBiggie » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:04 am

I'm afraid that an economic system that was based on ethics instead of profit would probably fall apart pretty quickly, as most hard workers like to get a reward for their efforts. But hey, these days the word 'profit' is almost a synonym for 'evil' so maybe we'll find out soon. As far as medical profit being evil, maybe you should look into how much it costs to develop a drug and get it approved. Then compare that cost to the short amount of time a drug patent lasts (about 3-5 years after a drug hits the shelves) and you'll understand a little more why it's so expensive. Nobody's gonna do all that work for free.
JohnHorn

Postby JohnHorn » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:38 pm

[joke]If you want to we can burn each other in a medieval fire… wow those are nice.[/joke]
Who gives a f*ck your not interested are you?
Vic De Zen

Postby Vic De Zen » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:55 pm

I don't think "evil" would be the right word to use for this topic.
The corporation i find that's crippling other businesses though would be Wal Mart. Hard to compete with them.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:14 pm

DrBiggie wrote:I'm afraid that an economic system that was based on ethics instead of profit would probably fall apart pretty quickly

It's a cute idea sure enough. Maybe then we could pay our bills with gold stars and lollipops.
JohnHorn

Postby JohnHorn » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:46 am

Pip Tweek wrote:
DrBiggie wrote:I'm afraid that an economic system that was based on ethics instead of profit would probably fall apart pretty quickly

It's a cute idea sure enough. Maybe then we could pay our bills with gold stars and lollipops.

:P› Yeah but I’d be richer then you.
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Apple! :tweek: :tweek: :tweek:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
buddy whackett

Postby buddy whackett » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:42 am

Tony's Gorilla Tickling and Orphan Torturing Emporium.

Wal-Mart sucks some pretty sweaty balls as well.
2+2=5

Postby 2+2=5 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:49 pm

Not the government :P

The ethical system is the system that works and... this system just plain doesn't, as it rewards the children of the successful (weather they are or not) and curtails opportunity by denying equal education/health thus not getting the most goods from the people. There are other less ineficient ways of motivating people. So it will crumble, eventually. If it doesn't become a block to progress like the catholic church did; I think the insurance and pharma companies may attempt to block progress in some sciences (genetic screening would mean only people who knew they would get ill would get insurance, for example) but they most likely will fail. But as it stands I think Insurance and pharma are the biggest blocks to a more efficient (and moral) society. Plus insurance creates a vast array of middle men.

LOL. TESCO could be the evil ruler of the world if they did medical insurance on the side XD
SuperMaids/superiorsavior/PIPaul strikes again...because he forgot his Passover. Again.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:05 am

2+2=5 wrote:Not the government :P

The ethical system is the system that works and... this system just plain doesn't, as it rewards the children of the successful (weather they are or not) and curtails opportunity by denying equal education/health thus not getting the most goods from the people. There are other less ineficient ways of motivating people. So it will crumble, eventually. If it doesn't become a block to progress like the catholic church did; I think the insurance and pharma companies may attempt to block progress in some sciences (genetic screening would mean only people who knew they would get ill would get insurance, for example) but they most likely will fail. But as it stands I think Insurance and pharma are the biggest blocks to a more efficient (and moral) society. Plus insurance creates a vast array of middle men.

LOL. TESCO could be the evil ruler of the world if they did medical insurance on the side XD

Just out of curiousity, what ways of motivating people are you talking about, that would be more efficient?
JohnHorn

Postby JohnHorn » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:19 pm

I think evil in some casses is the correct word.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”