I want the old animation back!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Aleicia

Re: I want the old animation back!

Postby Aleicia » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:13 pm

creatures4eons wrote:
tokenbrotha wrote:
BRMBug wrote:Better quality is better, however when they go all 3D, it gets kinda weird.

u right i dont want that at all but i love the way their feet NEVER move lol

yeah i love how most of the characters feet never move too :).

what I would like to come back is the original version of the opening theme song. less twang, subtler flow. dont get me wrong, its still great, but the orig was def the best version.

Same here! Just better animated but with the same theme song. I hate the rougher version of the song that we have now. The best title sequences belong to the first few seasons... it goes down from there.
Beard

Postby Beard » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:16 pm

Aleicia wrote:A better mix would be:
Old "style" of humour + current animation.

I don't know, that would be weird somehow... :?
Formerly known as Master_Of_All

Consistent poster in the Character Discussion threads.
Aleicia

Postby Aleicia » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:48 am

Beard wrote:

Yeah I've always thought that the new animation sort of prevents them from the humour they had before. Not sure if that makes sense. lol But still. The episodes back then were a lot better.
creatures4eons

Postby creatures4eons » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:56 am

Aleicia wrote:
Beard wrote:

Yeah I've always thought that the new animation sort of prevents them from the humour they had before. Not sure if that makes sense. lol But still. The episodes back then were a lot better.

I think in a way I agree with that. I wouldnt say I think it prevents the old humor, but because the animation is much more detailed, (not only in appearance but movements as well), the humor has a lot more to move around. This isn't to say that the old humor was "simple", like the old animation. There was just less for the humor to be based around. Before the humor was based on the ideas of the episode premise, now it is also based on the way it looks. It is different. I wouldn't say any of it is bad. I love this show no matter what, and I know that it will continue to change and evolve, so I'm keeping an open mind to the fact that the animation has changed and so has the humor.
pdfsmail

Postby pdfsmail » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:07 am

Ummmm... NO (as far as the complete revert to old style)

Do you live in a cardboard box?

If you don't then you already know why they don't use the old construction paper look that was suitable for the Windows 98 era....

If you do live in a cardboard box...
I hope it rains, then you will know why you don't want to stick with something made of paper when it gets old and wet...

:assface:

Let Matt and Trey decide...
me=a hybrid of Tweek,Butters,Cartman,&Kyle!

GIVING INTO AN EXTREMIST SHOWS WEAKNESS, AND OPENS A DOOR TO FAILURE THIS WILL NOT APPEASE THEIR THREATS.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”