The anti-ORGANIZED Religion Thread

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

AxayPaulene
Posts: 1646
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:25 pm

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby AxayPaulene » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:48 am

gtaca2005 wrote:
AxayPaulene wrote:You know, some people celebrate Christmas today (or tomorrow), and I am one of those people.
Thank you SO MUCH for pissing me off.

Christmas is on the 25th of December....


Yes; for most people. But January 6, 7 and such is the epiphany, which is what I celebrate.
this article might help you understand if you don't know.

Edit: I know; I just think it was bad timing to create this thread during this week.

Personally I don't like church. It's boring, and slightly ackward. Even more annoying is that my church is in a different language than english and I speak english better than the latter...
The instruments they use are old, but if they were to go all new-age and do raps of passages and stuff, the church would lose its value and probably it's reputation.
In an interview, Paulo Coelho, the author of The Alchemist, defined religion as: "...[A] way of having discipline and collective worship with persons who share the same mystery."
And he stated the problem with organized religion: "The value is that they give you discipline and they give you collective worship and they give you humbleness toward the mysteries. The danger is that every religion, including the Catholic one, says, 'I have the ultimate truth.' Then you start to rely on the priest, the mullah, the rabbi, or whoever, to be responsible for your acts. In fact, you are the only one who is responsible."
Last edited by AxayPaulene on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P Pip: 1989 - 2010
Πιστεύω σε σας

Pull your fucking pants up!
gtaca2005
Posts: 3915
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:36 am

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:58 am

Well I'm not making fun of Christianity in general, I am making fun of the Pope and Mormons and such, because they deserve it for hindering gay rights, and being against a proven way of preventing AIDs transition.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
M00ndragon69
Posts: 9593
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:32 am

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:14 am

AxayPaulene wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:
AxayPaulene wrote:You know, some people celebrate Christmas today (or tomorrow), and I am one of those people.
Thank you SO MUCH for pissing me off.

Christmas is on the 25th of December....


Yes; for most people. But January 6, 7 and such is the epiphany, which is what I celebrate.
this article might help you understand if you don't know.



Hey, welcome to the board..Just so you know, I don't have anything against Christians if they aren't assh*les to people who don't believe the same as them. However, when it comes to the topic of religion on this board, there are often nasty debates. There are a lot of atheists here. And I have been a bitch in some of those debates if I think someone is talking sh*t about my beliefs in some way.
Image
Gods' God
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:57 am

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby Gods' God » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:28 am

There is a dyslexic bird outside my window. It never shuts the f*ck up... Imma go throw a shoe at it brb.
2 to the 1 from the 1 to the 3. I like good pussy n' I like good trees. Smoke so much weed you wouldn't believe. N' I get mo' ass then a toilet seat.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=32817
JohnHorn
Posts: 920
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:09 pm

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby JohnHorn » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:15 pm

It’s hard to make a fully consistant argument about the religious institutions but I think I’m most likely against them once I consider the facts.
PS:the pope is a cult leader!,
That God Damn Moose
Posts: 2474
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby That God Damn Moose » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:37 pm

I have dealed with satanists in an abandoned hospital. All I know is that there is a god, because I'm still here.
ιllιlιιllιlιιllιlιιllιlιιllιlιιllιlι

The moral of this story is: never talk to muffin trees.
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6093
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:54 pm

So we just passed Christmas and as usual some Christians try and play the victim with their whole "war on Christmas" strawman gripe-fest. They are so insecure in their faith that simply acknowledging the existence of other religious festivals that time of year is somehow anti-Christian. It's actually quite funny to see some of these pricks totally lose their sh*t because a cashier at Wal-Mart wished them "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas".

Is it because, deep down, they know they believe in a bunch of fairy tale hogwash and if something scratches the surface of their belief system, the whole thing falls apart? So they must attack any perceived threat before everyone realizes how fantastically crazy their religion really is?

Or are they just a bunch of arrogant pricks, smug in the knowledge that they know the answers to the unknowable because of what an old, superstitious book says?

Probably a little of both.

It's the same reason behind evolution denial in religious circles. Evolution has absolutely nothing to do with the core beliefs of their religion. It only contradicts what amounts to tiny details relative to the over-arching theme of their religious texts. But because so many have invested so much in believing every word, in say the Bible, is literally true, anything that contradicts the most minute detail is a threat. It doesn't matter how overwhelming the evidence is, if it doesn't jive with their primitive story book, it is dismissed.

It's the equivalent of dismissing evolution or the age of the earth because it contradicts Harry Potter. The only difference is time.
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
Pip Tweek
Posts: 5101
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:15 am

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread.

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:15 am

Srsly though, I think church would be a good idea if they got rid of religion and all the symbolic nonsense like the candles, holy water, cross, altar, and used the building and weekly congregation for people to discuss real, actual morality as it applies to life in the modern world.

People don't need sermons and rituals; they need to communicate honestly and kindly with themselves and each other.

Wait, no, that's gay.
mo303564
Posts: 1511
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby mo303564 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:22 am

about Christmas: December 25th is NOT the real birthdate of Jesus....I am Catholic, and I will admit to you that Jesus was born in early June....idk the date though :?

The Catholic church isn't as found as some make. I swear to god they have "stolen" thousands of dollars from my parents over the years. :(

I will not post here anymore. I am too religious and believe in the bible and of the book of revelation, so yea, you anti demonistic-athiest-egocentric people can all stick yourselves with rods up your asses :craig:

Church is needed, and you all need to see "beyond the symbols".... :roll:

*Note: I got confused with Pagans. I guess they believe in many worshipers idk.*
Last edited by mo303564 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Wii fit man
Posts: 11153
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby Wii fit man » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:27 am

Mike, I would stay faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from this thread if I were you, as in religion threads, what you say makes you seem like a giant douche, especially where you basically called everyone who doesn't believe in god (Wait, don't Pagans believe in a god?) egocentric.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
mo303564
Posts: 1511
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby mo303564 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:14 am

Wait, what do pagans believe in??

If it is a "true" religion, than I apoligize....I just don't beleive atheism is a true religion, and somehow thought pagans ah! forget it! :timmy:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
gtaca2005
Posts: 3915
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:36 am

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:05 am

mo303564 wrote:Wait, what do pagans believe in??

If it is a "true" religion, than I apoligize....I just don't beleive atheism is a true religion, and somehow thought pagans ah! forget it! :timmy:

Christianity is based on Pagan rituals. Paganism has the "right" to call its' self the "real" religion over Christianity.

But they don't try to trample on people's rights, so this thread isn't about them, or Buddhists, etc.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Wii fit man
Posts: 11153
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby Wii fit man » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:28 am

Mike, that was a minor point in what I was saying. You're still sounding really intolerant and thick-headed.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
gtaca2005
Posts: 3915
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:36 am

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:33 am

Wii fit man wrote:Mike, that was a minor point in what I was saying. You're still sounding really intolerant and thick-headed.

But I am worse in this thread than he is. :lol:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Wii fit man
Posts: 11153
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: The anti-Organized Religion Thread. Fu‍ck your church.

Postby Wii fit man » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:45 am

gtaca2005 wrote:
Wii fit man wrote:Mike, that was a minor point in what I was saying. You're still sounding really intolerant and thick-headed.

But I am worse in this thread than he is. :lol:

Yeah, considering you actually are being a douche completely on purpose. :lol:
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest