Moderator: Big-Will

Freddy Fittler

Re: Newest bit of music you've bought

Postby Freddy Fittler » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:29 am

In The Dark
The Whigs (2010)

Catchy stuff,here's a sample. :D
"You like bear mace,icehead?"

"A haiku is just like a normal American poem except it doesn't rhyme and it's totally stupid."

"Oh no! Not Santa's balls!"

"Dammit, monster, I ain't givin you no treefiddy."
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:41 am

The latest offering from W.A.S.P., "Babylon."

This could be considered as another concept album by them, as all their original songs refer to Biblical aspects, from what I've read about this.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:34 pm

Ok, it's been a while but, since my last post...

Select tracks off of Book Of Love's self titled album including Modigliani, I Touch Roses, Boy, and the remixed/extended versions of each. Some Ultravox; All Stood Still and Vienna, some Dexy's; Geno, The Bird And The Bee covers of Hall & Oates; I Can't Go For That, Private Eyes, Rich Girl, and Maneater. Some original Hall & Oates: I Can't Go For That and Private Eyes, EBN/OZN; AEIOU sometimes Y, the extended remastered version of The Hurting by Tears For Fears, The Best of A Flock Of Seagulls, Depeche Mode; Music For The Masses, a single of Portishead's Sour Times, LCD Soundsystem's "This Is Happening", and a live version of Tubeway Army & Gary Numan's Are Friends Electric at The Old Grey Whistle Stop in 1979.

Oh, and Passion Pit's Manners.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:54 pm

I have only bought a couple of cd's lately

Dave Pearce dance anthems 1988-91
and

Madness 7
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Augie

Postby Augie » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:53 pm

I recently bought wu tang clan... amazing.. recommend it to any rap fanatics!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:12 am

Listen: A Flock Of Seagulls. $3.98 at Half Price Books! :D
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:58 am

"Tommy"--The Who

Thing is, I found the Super Audio CD, which has the last song that was missing from the regular CD, that "See Me/Listening to You". Has a few extras as well!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:30 am

The Eurythmics "Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This, and Simple Minds "New Gold Dream (81/82/83/84)"on vinyl. And check out that Simple Minds LP! Purdy. It's completely clean, and was only $8. And the Eurythmics was $4, and I swear, whoever originally owned it must have played it once, recorded it on to tape, and put it up on a shelf somewhere for 27 years. It is the cleanest used LP I've ever gotten from Half Price Books.

Edit: Oh, I also found a Tears For Fears 45 at the thrift shop across from my Grandma's place for 25 cents. A side is Everybody Wants To Rule The World, and the B side is Pharaohs. Despite it being slightly warped, not having a sleeve, and me dropping it onto it's A side while carrying it to the register, it's pretty clean.
I got a kick out of it when I realized the tie-in with this single and it's use in Watchmen. I originally thought that what was playing in Ozymandias' (sp?) lobby was a muzak version of Everybody', but it may have been Pharaohs. I"ll have to watch the movie again and see.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:26 am

BRMBug wrote:Edit: Oh, I also found a Tears For Fears 45 at the thrift shop across from my Grandma's place for 25 cents. A side is Everybody Wants To Rule The World, and the B side is Pharaohs. Despite it being slightly warped, not having a sleeve, and me dropping it onto it's A side while carrying it to the register, it's pretty clean.
I got a kick out of it when I realized the tie-in with this single and it's use in Watchmen. I originally thought that what was playing in Ozymandias' (sp?) lobby was a muzak version of Everybody', but it may have been Pharaohs. I"ll have to watch the movie again and see.

Huh! Gotta watch that movie again and catch it. I've got the director's cut.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:44 pm

Went to record and pop fair in bedford corn exchange last weekend not been to one of those for years i could have spent a fortune but i ended getting some Ultravox 7" clear vinyl and now dance 1986 12" mixes double LP all for a 15 quid.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:47 am

James--76 wrote:Went to record and pop fair in bedford corn exchange last weekend not been to one of those for years i could have spent a fortune but i ended getting some Ultravox 7" clear vinyl and now dance 1986 12" mixes double LP all for a 15 quid.

Cool! Which Ultravox song?
:D

My latest CD purchase is not really music, but more BBC Radio.

Actually, it is the audio from an incomplete Doctor Who TV story. "The Daleks' Master Plan" (1965-66) was one of many early stories from the old show with episodes missing. Other stories are gone altogether, due to the BBC wiping tapes. Occasionally, someone from around the world finds a missing ep and sends it to the UK for restoration and preservation, in hopes that it will be seen again.

But for the majority of these incomplete/missing stories from the '60s, the audio is saved, and in a case like the CD set I got, they add narrative to help you understand what's going on, usually by one of the actors in the show at the time.

The average DW story during the initial run ('63-'89) was four eps, but "DMP" ran for TWELVE eps, one of the longest stories in series' history!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:46 am

:D I saw that exact CD set at Half Price Books a few months ago, and wondered if you had it in your collection.

I spent a couple of hours thumbing through the lp's at the DAV thrift store today, and almost picked up a Haircut 100, and a Morrissey, but I wanted to try and find them online to hear them first. I thought I had a major find on my hands with a copy of ABC's 'Zillionare, but when I went to check it for scratches, I found that the edges were broken up.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:04 am

Cool! Which Ultravox song?

It was We came to dance from the 1982 albu Quartet.

yesterday i bought the new Jamiroquai cd.

bmoreravens12

Postby bmoreravens12 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:08 pm

I just re-bought Nevermind. It had endless nameless. :gaykenny:
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:38 am

Earlier this week, I had received the CD single for "Song for No One," off the latest Alphaville album.

The band's website has the video on their home page:
http://www.alphaville.info/
Influenced by Monty Python, y'think??
:lol:

Anyway, the main reason for getting the single is for the 16-minute "Unplugged Medley," which has three of their earlier songs, live and acoustic!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”