Lay off Seth McFarlane

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Longtimefan

Re: Seth McFarlane Is A DOUCHEBAG

Postby Longtimefan » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:31 pm

dixler wrote:
I do not know if this link has been posted already. If it has, you can watch it again. It's a video showing instances where Family Guy copied the Simpsons.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/349698/

"Tonight on the Simpsons, Bart builds a machine that takes the cherries out of chocolate covered cherries and replaces them with icky week old mayonnaise; you won't want to miss it!"

SIMPSONS DID IT SIMPSONS DID IT!!

I always find it funny when someone uses an argument that South Park has actually made fun of, on the South Park forum; classic. :timmy:

Me? I think Family Guy is dumb and a waste of time so I don't watch it. If I don't have to watch it, why would I care anymore about it? Don't know why people get so worked up if they don't watch it, just let it go.
dixler

Postby dixler » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:06 pm

Longtimefan wrote:
I always find it funny when someone uses an argument that South Park has actually made fun of, on the South Park forum; classic. :timmy:

Actually, Einstein, South Park made fun of Family Guy's lame jokes, not them stealing scenes almost word for word from the Simpsons.

Longtimefan wrote:Me? I think Family Guy is dumb and a waste of time so I don't watch it. If I don't have to watch it, why would I care anymore about it? Don't know why people get so worked up if they don't watch it, just let it go.

Yeah, you care so little about it that you posted what you just did. :lol:
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:00 pm

dixler wrote:
Longtimefan wrote:I always find it funny when someone uses an argument that South Park has actually made fun of, on the South Park forum; classic. :timmy:

Actually, Einstein, South Park made fun of Family Guy's lame jokes, not them stealing scenes almost word for word from the Simpsons.

I think he was poking fun at the irony of the situation more than anything. South Park's own criticisms of Family Guy have nothing to do with the point he was making, i.e. that it's dumb to rag on a show that runs alongside another that has covered such a large spectrum of jokes/plots/etc. of the animated family sitcom mould.

That is to say, I don't think that excuses some of the stuff I've seen Family Guy put out in regards to their possible plagiarism of The Simpsons. Whether it's a case of this being stealing jokes, or just being incredibly lazy and unoriginal [which I think is a given], either way it's a poorly written show as a whole.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Longtimefan

Postby Longtimefan » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:05 pm

Jay C wrote:I think he was poking fun at the irony of the situation more than anything. South Park's own criticisms of Family Guy have nothing to do with the point he was making, i.e. that it's dumb to rag on a show that runs alongside another that has covered such a large spectrum of jokes/plots/etc. of the animated family sitcom mould.

Bingo.

I wasn't talking about the episode poking fun of family guy, I was talking about the episode where Butters, as Professor Chaos keeps trying to destroy the world and his partner General Disaray keeps stealing his thunder by telling him "Simpsons did it". Then at the end, the boys explain to Butters that of course the Simpsons have done everything already, they've been on for 15-20 years, and infact a lot of Simpsons plots can be re-traced back to other shows.

As far as me "caring so much I posted what I just did": Just because I choose not to watch Family Guy and spread Family Guy hate awareness everywhere I go, I can still choose to engage in a conversation if I have nothing better to do or think it would be fun. If you can't see the irony in the fact that you're on a south park board complaining about family guy with the EXACT PLOT from a south park episode that made fun of that view, then I suggest you consider that you may be taking yourself and this situation a little too seriously. I'm sure you won't see it that way, but that's the beauty of an open forum that I can share said opinion since it's my wish to do so. :)
TylerTramz

Re: Lay off Seth McFarlane

Postby TylerTramz » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:17 pm

I love Family Guy but it isn't as good as it could be.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”