Ask a Muslim (no wisecracks please)

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

zzyzx 1

Re: Ask a Muslim (no wisecracks please)

Postby zzyzx 1 » Wed May 19, 2010 8:41 am

I hope qHarvard returns. I have some questions.
Kennynja

Postby Kennynja » Wed May 19, 2010 4:15 pm

You can ask me, I'm a muslim too.
Dreynoch

Postby Dreynoch » Wed May 19, 2010 6:04 pm

I'm going to be honest, in that i have not read most of the posts on this thread. The main thing I'm posting this for now is to bring up, the Cairo declaration on Human Rights in Islam, or read some info on it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cairo_Decl ... s_in_Islam

At a (extremely) quick glance, it may LOOK the same as thepost-World War II United Nations’ Universal Declaration of Human Rights, but it has some major differences....especially when it comes to women.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:21 am

Still waiting for qharvard to return. A have a question about the Ba'ath Party, traditional Islamic law (Sharia), Shiites and Sunnis. qharvard, where are you? Are you coming back?

*waiting for qharvard to return*
Kennynja

Postby Kennynja » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:07 pm

I can tell you something about Shiites and Sunnis: They're "branches" of Islam. The Sunnis are the biggest branch of Islam, and I'm one of them. The Shiites are a big part too, but they're found in countries like Iraq, Lebanon, Turkey and mostly in the Kurdish area. The Sunnis and Shiites have many differences, but the differences are small: First of all, when the Shiites kneel by praying, they put their forehead on a little stone.Then, they are believing in Muhammed and Allah too, but for them the 12 Imams are, not sacred, but "holy" too. In their opinion, Ali Ibn Talib (Muhammad's cousin) should have been the lawful successor of Muhammad, so he should be the first Kalif. I can't say this so good on english, because I'm german, so... Forget. Read the texts on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunni_Islam and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shia_Islam.
Sharia is the Islamic law, in countries with sharia, almost everything is based on the Islamic way (for the racists: Nope, not bombs...). Read the text on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia for better explaining. Sry for so little informations and my bad english...
Last edited by Big-Will on Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: cleaned up for easier reading in English
Azer

Ancient Pedoism

Postby Azer » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:32 pm

why did mohammed marry a kid? 9 or something lol
Kennynja

Postby Kennynja » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:45 pm

I think she was 14 when he married her.
Kennynja

Postby Kennynja » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:49 pm

No, you're right, she was 9, I will say more to this soon.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:52 pm

Kennynja wrote:I think she was 14 when he married her.

You are wrong. Muhammad's wives

Married to Aisha

Aisha was six years old when betrothed to Muhammad. She stayed in her parents' home until the age of nine or ten, when the marriage was consummated in Medina. Most of the sources indicate that she was nine years old at the time with the single exception of al-Tabari, who records that she was ten. She was therefore married to Muhammad while still a child. Both Aisha and Sawda, his two wives, were given apartments adjoined to the Al-Masjid al-Nabawi mosque. Muhammad wished to divorce Sawda, who offered to give her turn of Muhammad's conjugal visit to Aisha to prevent this.

This sort of thing is illegal in Western society.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Azer

Postby Azer » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:56 pm

wow dude this is sick.. i don't believe in any kind of religion but if i had to pick one, following a pedobear would be my last choice
Kennynja

Postby Kennynja » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:27 am

First thing: The islam isn't a religion with padophiles,
2nd thing: In this time, almost all girls married with this age, even here in europe...
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:17 pm

Kennynja wrote:First thing: The islam isn't a religion with padophiles

All religions have pedophiles. In fact, I'm pretty sure most of the world's pedophiles are religious than not.

Kennynja wrote:2nd thing: In this time, almost all girls married with this age, even here in europe...

Girls got married in Ancient Greece in their teens, when puberty hit, and in Ancient Rome, Augustus forbid girls to marry before the age of 10. It's still so very damn wrong, but at least they didn't wed when they were six. In modern society, it's stupid to get married before you're 21, and even that age isn't appropriate for most.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:36 pm

If you're only going to live to 35, you gotta get breeding as soon as possible. We don't have that kind of paltry life expectancy to worry about anymore, so we have time to accumulate a tremendous amount of education before following through with reproduction. Societies have adjusted to this reality and now we mock our ancestors and their early weddings and 40 year life spans. Context is always important.

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”