Shakira Criticizes Arizona?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

PukeAndSnot
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:05 am

Re: Shakira Criticizes Arizona?

Postby PukeAndSnot » Wed May 12, 2010 8:29 am

JOSHSKORN wrote :
> I'd like to see them put Jennifer Lopez (Eric Cartman's hand) in prison for
> being an illegal alien and she (or 'they') bust out of prison and take over
> the government as terrorists until demands are met.

Even though she was born in New York?
PukeAndSnot
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:05 am

Re: Shakira Criticizes Arizona?

Postby PukeAndSnot » Wed May 12, 2010 8:36 am

Just_Jackie wrote :
>
> It's very easy to look at things from a "human rights" issue when
> you consider that these immigrants come from a poor country, but what about
> all the tax paying Americans who can't use Planned Parenthood now because
> of people who have no legal right to be here?

You don't think that the fact that even children of illegal immigrants born on U.S. soil are themselves, by definition, U.S. citizens has anything to do with this, do you? Hmm...
Niels0827
Posts: 4302
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:51 am

Re: Shakira Criticizes Arizona?

Postby Niels0827 » Thu May 13, 2010 5:28 am

PukeAndSnot wrote :
You don't think that the fact that even children of illegal immigrants born on U.S. soil are themselves, by definition, U.S. citizens has anything to do with this, do you? Hmm...
___________________________________________________________

Two words: Tough. sh*t.

By defiantly crossing our borders and willingly breaking our laws, these people are FULLY aware of the implications they face - that they can be caught and deported any time, and that they endanger their future children's lives by conceiving them in the first place. They need to realize this when they start reproducing. They know, whether in the front or the back of their head, that the child will be a U.S. citizen by default, and that it will be left here while they get sent back home. This is their problem, and unfortunately, it's the child's too. They need to be sent back with their parents.

I agree that the 'anchor baby' law needs to be changed so that the children of illegals aren't American citizens by default. If I'm born on a cruise ship, am I a citizen of the Atlantic ocean? What if I'm born to American parents while they're on vacation in Germany? It's stupid, I agree, but these people dig their own graves when they ignore our statutes and live off taxpayer money as a way of life. In this case, it's both the law, and the lawbreakers that are to blame.
Just_Jackie
Posts: 1409
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 1:38 am

Re: Shakira Criticizes Arizona?

Postby Just_Jackie » Thu May 13, 2010 5:51 am

Niels0827 wrote :
> PukeAndSnot wrote :
> You don't think that the fact that even children of illegal immigrants born
> on U.S. soil are themselves, by definition, U.S. citizens has anything to
> do with this, do you? Hmm...
> ___________________________________________________________
>
> Two words: Tough. sh*t.

LOL I concur!

I'd change this law. At least one parent would have to be an American citizen.

A few days ago, five AMERICAN high school students were sent home from school for wearing clothing with an American flag design on it. Why? Because it happened to be the fifth of May...aka Cinco de Mayo.

http://www.aolnews.com/article/californ ... o/19467684

This issue has gotten SO BAD that Americans can't even wear American colors without being slapped down for fear of being intolerant to Mexicans and/or Mexican-Americans. When an American is punished for flying his/her own colors...in their own country... I think it's gone WAY to far. This kind of special treatment has never been given to Germans, Italians or any other group for that matter....so why are we just rolling over for Mexicans?

What also is confusing about this whole thing is it's impossible to tell what is racist these days.

There is a professor at my school who considers himself "Chicano" and is very politically active. He once made a statement during a class that Condalezza Rice and Alberto Gonzalez are not "real" Mexican and African Americans because they grew up with a lot of money and opportunity and so they will never understand what most minorities go through. Then, another Mexican-American person gets up and starts criticizing an American Life doll named "Marisol Luna". Each of these dolls are given a bio by the company before they are sold and Luna's bio says she grew up in a poor family in Chicago. Apparently, it's racist to assume all minorities are poor...but Rice and Gonzales aren't REALLY a part of their particular community because they weren't poor. It seems to me there is no way to exist as a white person without being racist, because no matter what you think or say, it's going to be racist to someone.

...oh yea and don't wear an American flag design in your own country for fear you may piss off someone of Mexican decent.

And, the kicker of all this is that tens of millions of the people we are trying to not piss off have no legal right to be here in the first place. It just doesn't make any sense.
Niels0827
Posts: 4302
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:51 am

Re: Shakira Criticizes Arizona?

Postby Niels0827 » Thu May 13, 2010 5:54 am

I agree, Jackie - the whole thing was stupid as hell. That school is only about 20-30 miles south of me, too.

Roger Ebert faced astounding backlash on Twitter for supporting the pricipal's decision to send the kids home, too.

But I already ranted and elaborated on this topic in the "Unusual News Item O'de Day" thread.
M00ndragon69
Posts: 9593
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:32 am

Re: Shakira Criticizes Arizona?

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu May 13, 2010 6:37 am

I wasn't aware of the story Jackie told until now. My thoughts on the issue are that sending the kids home is the wrong way to handle that situation. For one, someone wearing an American flag on their shirt or being proud of being American does not automatically make them a racist. I think the whole idea that white people should have to be ashamed of being white and practically bend over backwards not to offend people of other races is bullsh*t. I am white ( with some Cheroke blood), but I am not a racist, and I am not ashamed of my self because of what other white people did to other races before I was born. It is not like I was there, and I am sure not every single white person was for things like slavery or manifest destiny, just like not all Americans are for troops still being in Iraq today. Yes, people of other races have had it hard, but it is not my fault, and I am for everyone being treated equal, but not for people bending over backwards not to offend illegal aliens.

And here is another problem. Punishing those kids is going to give the real racists credibility. I mentioned many times that on another board I got into a lot of fights with people involved in the KKK. So I got to see some of the things those people preach. You what one thing they say is? They say that the people who promote political correctness take away freedom of speech for the people who disagree with them. What do you think they are doing right now with this story? Using it as an example of how Americans are loosing their freedom of speech, and trying to turn people who are merely against illegal immigration into racist douche bags.

And the story Jackie told about her professors opinions of who is a real Latino or real African American..Well I think that is bullsh*t. Ok, it isn't just Latinos or African Americans who struggle. There are lots of poor white people too. Jackie, maybe, your professor is forgetting that. And I don't think that if someone is lucky enough to be born to a family that is well off, it doesn't make them any less of a part of the culture they were also born into.
Image
Just_Jackie
Posts: 1409
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 1:38 am

Re: Shakira Criticizes Arizona?

Postby Just_Jackie » Thu May 13, 2010 6:59 am

Girl, I wish more people thought like you do. But, especially in higher education, a lot of what you hear is "minorities are victims and white people owe them". Which is weird for me to hear. I come from a bi-racial marriage. My mother is Mexican. She always told me no person of any one race is better than anyone else and no one deserves anything special due to birthright. But...it would seem that's not true.

Take a look at this video and pay special attention to what is said at 4:10. This is pretty much what I've heard at my university as it relates to what minorities are "owed" by "white society".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7B9QZlr8YQ
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18814
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: Shakira Criticizes Arizona?

Postby Big-Will » Thu May 13, 2010 8:59 am

Just_Jackie wrote :
> This issue has gotten SO BAD that Americans can't even wear American colors without
> being slapped down for fear of being intolerant to Mexicans and/or Mexican-Americans.

Cinco de Mayo is actually an American holiday. Mexicans don't celebrate it the way Americans do, just like the Irish don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day the way Americans do.

In Mexico, Cinco de Mayo is a regional holiday limited primarily to the state of Puebla, but in the United States, on June 7, 2005, Congress issued a Concurrent Resolution calling on President Bush to issue a proclamation calling upon the people of the United States to observe Cinco de Mayo with appropriate ceremonies and activities. The holiday, which has been celebrated in California continuously since 1863, is virtually ignored in Mexico.

That principal is doubly ignorant. Not only did he think Cinco de Mayo was a real Mexican holiday, he sent the kids home for wearing the American flag on an American holiday.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Just_Jackie
Posts: 1409
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 1:38 am

Re: Shakira Criticizes Arizona?

Postby Just_Jackie » Thu May 13, 2010 11:06 pm

Yea, that sounds about right. The whole thing is just stupid. I've never seen one country being socially bullied into being taken over this way before.
Pip Tweek
Posts: 5101
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:15 am

Re: Shakira Criticizes Arizona?

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri May 14, 2010 2:38 am

> There is a professor at my school who considers himself "Chicano" and is
> very politically active. He once made a statement during a class that Condalezza Rice
> and Alberto Gonzalez are not "real" Mexican and African Americans because
> they grew up with a lot of money and opportunity and so they will never understand
> what most minorities go through.

I love it when minority college professors talk about "white privilege."
Niels0827
Posts: 4302
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:51 am

Re: Shakira Criticizes Arizona?

Postby Niels0827 » Fri May 14, 2010 2:47 am

Pip Tweek wrote :
I love it when minority college professors talk about "white privilege."
___________________________________________________________

Or how about "white guilt" - the alleged guilt a white person feels just for being part of a racial group that has initiated some of the world's most notable racist and bigoted controversies?

White guilt is real for some people, but it's a bunch of sh*t.

Take the fact that the European settlers to America mistreated the Native Americans and, in many instances, killed them. How can I feel guilty for this? One: I wasn't involved. Two: Before 1958, nobody in my family, on either side, lived in America. So, that said, they couldn't have owned slaves either, and believe me, they wouldn't have.

There's still lots of people today that will try and play the race card on whites just because they can. There's racist blacks, Hispanics, and Asians out there, too.
Just_Jackie
Posts: 1409
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 1:38 am

Re: Shakira Criticizes Arizona?

Postby Just_Jackie » Fri May 14, 2010 4:51 am

See, that's the other thing. Only white people can be "racist". If a minority group dislikes whites, it's called "reverse racism".

Whites are racists, everyone else is...I guess..."reverse racists".
M00ndragon69
Posts: 9593
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:32 am

Re: Shakira Criticizes Arizona?

Postby M00ndragon69 » Fri May 14, 2010 7:10 am

Yeah, that is such bullsh*t..Only white people are racists..Whatever. Before I started working at Costco, I was at Taco Del Mar, I started working there 5 years ago. When I started over there, I was working with this Mexican girl, and she was really racist against white people. Treated me and the other girl I who closed with us like sh*t. I remember, one time, her and I were talking about stuff we cooked at home, and I mentioned I sometimes make enchiladas, and she got all bitchy cause I don't make them the traditional Mexican way. What the f*ck? It isn't like I freaked out that maybe she makes "American" food the wrong way at home. You know how on Englorious Basterds, how the Nazis in that movie talked sh*t about everything that wasn't German.Well, that was how she was, only she talked sh*t about everything that wasn't Mexican. I remember another day, when
she was such a bitch to the other girl we worked with, just because she was a vegetarian and she didn't want to try traditional Mexican refried beans that have some lard in them. God, I hated working with her, cause she would pick at everything you did. The other Mexican we worked with was nice when she wasn't around, but he turned into a dick when she was..I was so happy when she transferred to the other Taco Del Mar, then got fired from stealing from there. Hope I never see her anorexic, racist ass again.

I think people need to seriously start questioning their ideas about racism. Especially the people who are all preachy about political correctness. The past can't be changed, some white people in America were total assh*les to other races, but the majority of those people, well the worst of them, are dead. None of us were there to do that sh*t, and feeling guilty and bending over backwards to please other races isn't going to make everyone equal or get rid of the problems in this country. It is only going to make more problems in the long run.
Image
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18814
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: Shakira Criticizes Arizona?

Postby Big-Will » Fri May 14, 2010 8:21 pm

Only the majority group in any country is racist. Everyone else is reverse-racist.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
angeldeb82
Posts: 4114
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:42 pm

Re: Shakira Criticizes Arizona?

Postby angeldeb82 » Sun May 23, 2010 12:45 am

Well, I have to bring this up. Dora the Explorer: illegal immigrant? Well, that seems unusual to me!

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37279132/ ... ?GT1=43001
Still the same as it ever was.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests