Anyone here excited for the return of futurama?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

vonboy

Re: Anyone here excited for the return of futurama?

Postby vonboy » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:50 am

I really loved the most resent episode, the one with the forwards-only time machine. it was just one of those kinda preachy deep episodes that makes you think.

of course, time travel automatically makes everything better :D
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:28 am

I loved that episode, my fav of the season so far. Not only is this show already set in the future, but to see it go even further... 100,000,000s of years in the future, was sooo cool to see. You really do wonder what the year 252525 will be like. Plus I loved the little tune when they began to go into the future. :wink:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:29 am

^ I just saw that ep today. I liked the fact that they added a little drama when they were so far ahead in time that all life had become extinct. Eerie thought, which made it all a more compelling story!
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:22 am

^ Oh I know. To think they were the last living beings on earth... and a second big bang. You know what? That doesn't sound too strange when you think about it. This really could be how the universe ends, and begins all over again.

Oh! And the professor had to shoot Hitler! Twice!! LOL
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:39 pm

Stanluv25 wrote:Oh! And the professor had to shoot Hitler! Twice!! LOL

And went 1 for 2.
Tough luck, Mrs. Roosevelt.

You read it! You can't unread it!
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:32 am

triplemultiplex wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:Oh! And the professor had to shoot Hitler! Twice!! LOL

And went 1 for 2.
Tough luck, Mrs. Roosevelt.

Tough luck, indeed. I wonder where the hell could he aim to shoot Eleanor Roosevelt instead of Hitler? It must have something to do with the 3d universe being 10 ft. lower than the 1st one, so that they could accidentally kill themselves by falling from above, and bury the bodies under the bridge. :mrgreen:

I like this insane drivel!
vonboy

Postby vonboy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:52 am

the episode with the intelligent invading cats was really weird. i kinda liked it. all the cat jokes went a little too far, but the academic jokes were great.
Jake, M'kay?

Postby Jake, M'kay? » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:21 am

All the episodes so far have been fairly underwhelming, with the exception being the ep with the time machine that only goes forward.
The ones where Leela and Zap are stuck on a planet together and the eyePhone episodes where the worst ones ever.
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:34 pm

^Really? I liked the one that made fun of the eyephone because, well, it's true. "That'll be $500, you don't have a choice in carrier, and the battery can't hold a charge."

Personally I think the show still maintains its original charm despite its cancellation, and here's hoping it doesn't get stale and resorting to drawn-out, five-minute gags referring to obscure pop culture like another animated FOX comedy that was cancelled and resurrected. Seems a bit preachier since it originally started airing, but at the same time I kind of like how the comedy coincides with current events.
Illegitimi non carborundum.
your future dictator

Postby your future dictator » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:29 pm

I thought all of the new futurama was really cool, except for the one where Zap and Leela were trapped together(kinds boring).
But the best was the one way time machine episode.

In the year 1.000.000 and 1/2 mankind is enslaved by giraffes) :lol:

but one thing that bugged me about that episode was that in the future, mankind evolved into 2 different species, but later there were normal people again?
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:38 pm

your future dictator wrote:but one thing that bugged me about that episode was that in the future, mankind evolved into 2 different species, but later there were normal people again?

The other species was an evolutionary dead end apparently. They were the Homo Neanderthalis of the future.

The plot hole from that episode that bothered me was the writing in the cave that formed the message to Fry in the future. Supposedly, billions of years had passed and that's far, far too long for the cave to even exist, much less the writing in stalagmites.

Geologically speaking, caves are fleeting phenomenon. They're erosional features and over the course of a few tens to a couple hundred thousands of years will erode to the point of collapse. The features within a cave are even more fleeting. The speleotherms you see in any given cave are rarely older than a couple thousand years. They're constantly changing as more minerals are precipitated over them.

Futurama usually gets most of their science right, but it's usually physics and astronomy with a little bit of biology. Geology seems to be outside their emphasis.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Skiper

Postby Skiper » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:12 am

vonboy wrote:anyway, do other fans of south park here also like fututrama? i know it's made by the same person who made the simpsons, but it just seems different from the simpsons to me.

That's good Futurama returned, I've watched all the new episodes.
Ye Black Knight

Postby Ye Black Knight » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:59 pm

Lo, for this humble knight hath long revele'th'd in tales of our Future-Orama world to come! Verily, many a chuckle hath this knight had in recollection of these fine fables!
Forsooth! Whence the metallic malcontent Bender revelle'th'd in addiction to "Jacking On", this knight bellowed guffaws so mighty that thy codpiece break'eth off thine loins and tumble'th to thine floor!

This post now conclude'th!
vonboy

Postby vonboy » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:29 am

that was so bad, i think it gave me cancer

nah, i'm just kidding, your actually a fine writer.

anyway, i loved the season finally.
ElectroCrap

Postby ElectroCrap » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:20 pm

so far the first half from the season 7 pilot to the deadly inspection were great episodes then we got some average episodes that isnt very notable then the one with lrrrrrrrrrrr was good. so far the show is doing a lot of "new" stuff that it didnt do in the FOX run. i like the lela and fry relationship they are trying out it is a nice change to the show and makes it more interesting. overall the show thus far is better than ever imo. good to see a strong come back from these guys.

Its funny i like Futurama but i cant really get into the simpsons.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”