The Horrible Music Discussion Thread

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Probably Drunk

Re: The Horrible Music Discussion Thread

Postby Probably Drunk » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:21 am

I love your exceptions on your Rap Hate. I'm a really big rap fan, only the ones from the 1990's though. These imbeciles like Lil Wayne make me want to smash things with my head. I can't stand it. I listen to the same rap songs over and over because I refuse to put nowadays 'rap' onto my play list.

I hate Metal, Death Metal, and all other metals. I don't mind a few rock, Red Hot Chili Peppers for example. Punk, emo, country etc they all suck.

That is all.
You clever Bastard.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:48 am

I really don't like stuff like Taylor Swift or any of the stuff by people her age that is popular with the teenagers now. They have the nerve to call that sh*t rock? Jeez, when I was those people's age, we listened to White Zombie, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Piliots, Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica, Guns and Roses, Danzig, Marilyn Manson, and many other bands our parents didn't approve of and the Christian kids were scared of. What the f*ck. What the kids who like Miley, and Taylor Swift and all those other brats listen to isn't rock. Rock is suppost to be about rebellion. Makes me want to go on Youtube, on all the videos for the popular teeny bopper bands and post links to some good music videos. Show all the brats who watch those videos what real music is, because seriously, I am scared of what those kids who listen to the fake Disney rock are going to turn into when they get to be my age.
SthPrkftw

Postby SthPrkftw » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:48 pm

Probably Drunk wrote:I hate Metal, Death Metal, and all other metals.

That is all.

Oh man. It hurt to read that.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:43 pm

I find it impossible to completely right off an entire genre of music. Some country songs are just plain funny and will always be in my playlist. Like the Brad Paisley song about a chick leaving a dude because he's spending too much time fishing.

Country music usually falls into three basic categories:
Sappy, whiney songs about relationships.
WOOOO let's part-ah!!
My part of the US is better than your part of the US.

You know what song I can't stand? That Proud to be an American song that all the nationalists rally around every time we're fixin' to start another war. The lyrics have nothing to do with the actual wars being promoted with the US imposing it's will on sovereign nations and keeping troops in hundred countries around the world; mostly for no good reason.

In that same vein, I really hate how we've somehow co-opted "God Bless America" as a second national anthem and they sing at ball games and stuff. Sorry, but you only get one national anthem and I'll take the one with the awesome, poetic story in the lyrics. So I will not stand and remove my f*cking hat for God Bless America, Mr. PA Announcer. I'm getting in line for another beer because they stop serving after this inning.

You read it! You can't unread it!
IKyman

Postby IKyman » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:41 pm

90's music: Good
New music: Not so good.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:35 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote:I really don't like stuff like Taylor Swift or any of the stuff by people her age that is popular with the teenagers now. They have the nerve to call that sh*t rock? Jeez, when I was those people's age, we listened to White Zombie, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Piliots, Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica, Guns and Roses, Danzig, Marilyn Manson, and many other bands our parents didn't approve of and the Christian kids were scared of. What the f*ck. What the kids who like Miley, and Taylor Swift and all those other brats listen to isn't rock. Rock is suppost to be about rebellion. Makes me want to go on Youtube, on all the videos for the popular teeny bopper bands and post links to some good music videos. Show all the brats who watch those videos what real music is, because seriously, I am scared of what those kids who listen to the fake Disney rock are going to turn into when they get to be my age.

I know that's not rock, but I can't say I hate it. Except for Miley Cyrus, but who doesn't hate her? (Besides teenage whores, of course)
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:20 am

I think Triple is right, I think it is wrong to talk sh*t about a whole genre of music. It is more fair to list specific songs or artists you don't like. My ex roommate talked tons of sh*t about Rob Zombie, when he didn't even know much about him. I think my ex roomate was just trying to get to me, and it wouldn't have mattered if I was as obsessed with Tool as he was, he would have still talked sh*t cause he is an assh*le. He was often a total assh*le to people based on differences in musical taste ( he acted like he was joking, but he did it enough that it seemed more like he was being mean than joking), which one of the many things I now can't stand about him. He is one of those guys who likes all these rock bands that aren't main stream, and he totally rips on every band that is well known( except for Tool and System of a Down), and people who like them. I can't stand people like that. It isn't that different than what the preppy kids do in high school, only it is certain people who are goth or punk excluding the people they don't think are cool enough. If your favorite band isn't well known, that is fine, but why be an assh*le to people who have different tastes?

I still stand by what I said about Miley and similar artists because although I haven't seen much of that crap, what I have seen, I didn't like, and a lot of it seemed very much alike.

Damn, I haven't heard that Proud to be an American song in it's entirity since the 80's. I was 8, and I went to this family daycare that was run by this super patriotic couple. I remember them playing that song around the 4th of July, and I think I recall them having us draw some American flags. I guess they didn't do a very good job of brainwashing me, though. I was happy to make an American flag, and I was excited about the 4th of July, but not because I was patriotic, but because every year there is this carnival and a parade for the 4th of July.
evilcupcake72

Postby evilcupcake72 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:39 am

Probably Drunk wrote:I love your exceptions on your Rap Hate. I'm a really big rap fan, only the ones from the 1990's though. These imbeciles like Lil Wayne make me want to smash things with my head. I can't stand it. I listen to the same rap songs over and over because I refuse to put nowadays 'rap' onto my play list.

I hate Metal, Death Metal, and all other metals. I don't mind a few rock, Red Hot Chili Peppers for example. Punk, emo, country etc they all suck.

That is all.

Lil Wayne makes me want to shoot a toddler in the foot
PopRocksAndSoda

Back off, snickerdick!
I wanna ride your Rapidash ;D
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:24 am

It is probably a good thing that I don't really know who Lil Wayne is.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:08 am

No knock on anyone who DOES like either genre, but as far as I'm concerned, rap and country are OUT.

But damned if there haven't been a few rare exceptions.
Asphyxiated Insanity

Postby Asphyxiated Insanity » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:25 am

....I don't even know if this count as a "song".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zWsfDpvNdY

Warning: Watch it at your own risk. It's so horrible, that you'd make a reaction video of it or something.
"You know it's gonna be a shit day when the Suicide Line puts you on hold..."
Azer

Postby Azer » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:28 pm

Asphyxiated Insanity wrote:....I don't even know if this count as a "song".

Warning: Watch it at your own risk. It's so horrible, that you'd make a reaction video of it or something.

666bpm ftw xD this is terrorcore, you need to expand your mind before listening, it sounds alot better when you're drugged, you can even dance to it xD
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:30 am

That is such a sh*tty video, I only could watch 30 seconds of it..I did notice that some of the imagery from it was from Hellraiser 2, and that pisses me off, cause I love the first two Hellraiser movies, no one should associate them with that sh*tty music.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:52 am

Asphyxiated Insanity wrote:....I don't even know if this count as a "song".

Fu-WHAT?!!
Asphyxiated Insanity

Postby Asphyxiated Insanity » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:27 am

Azer wrote:this is terrorcore

I thought it was something like "beatcore" or "crapcore".
M00ndragon69 wrote:That is such a sh*tty video, I only could watch 30 seconds of it..
You wanna know something sad? I actually watched the WHOLE vid. My face was like this ": \" the entire time while trying to figure out what the hell I was watching. When it ended, I banged my head on my laptop. I think I died a little inside that day.
AngusMcTavish wrote:Fu-WHAT?!!
I fucking lol'd! XD Your reaction to it would've been hilarious.
"You know it's gonna be a shit day when the Suicide Line puts you on hold..."

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”