let's have a Tea Time chat.... Earl Grey? Green?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

gtaca2005

let's have a Tea Time chat.... Earl Grey? Green?

Postby gtaca2005 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:33 pm

What do you think of the "Tea Party" movement?
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Peg

Re: let's have a Tea Party chat....

Postby Peg » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:50 pm

Coming up next: liberal vs. conservative! Be sure to stay tuned! Hilarity ensues. PG-13.
Oh hi. So, how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato.
*slow clap*
2+2=5

Postby 2+2=5 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:57 pm

I'm British so i love me some tea! Oh wait I'm not a stereotypical redcoat I prefer coffee C=
Its fun to watch from the sideline, wouldn't like to live through it, kinda like a funny accident on one of those late night programes. Its overblown and uber-hyped, perfect for the media, they want attention and we give it to them. I thought it was just them being sore losers at first but its continued too far into this presidency for the joke to have not gone stale.
Baggers who claim social cons hijacked the legitimate libertarian movement are the funniest; the deregulation and welfare removal proposed on that end are more dangerous than the most brownshirt of social con ideas.
SuperMaids/superiorsavior/PIPaul strikes again...because he forgot his Passover. Again.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:42 am

I'm not worried about them. Even the most Conservative people I know think they're crazy.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:45 am

Wii, what is your IM? I have one on there but I think it's the one you abandoned.

Can I have your new one?
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:48 am

gtaca2005 wrote:Wii, what is your IM? I have one on there but I think it's the one you abandoned.

Can I have your new one?

Um, I'm not on IM much anymore. And by much, I mean more than once a month. In fact, I spend like, 10 minutes online nowadays. But anyway, I'm stuck on a public computer and don't want everyone watching me. But I'll give you the adress if you want.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:50 am

Just PM when you can.

Got a life, huh?

Wish I could get one, all it takes is college.

(I wont blab about my situation, only Paul knows the whole story and I don't think even he wants to hear about it anymore.)
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:22 am

I know I'm just preaching to the choir, but, for those who don't know any better, the so-called "tea-party" is a group of ignorant morons who think they know what America is all about and want to return to what they perceive as America's ideology, but they don't understand the fundamental principles that the USA was founded on. They will SAY that they do, but in the end, their heads are filled with nothing but the sh*t they were taught as religious, white-and-black perceiving youngsters who were not equipped with the mental faculties to think for themselves.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:27 am

Damn straight.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:22 am

Prepare for a long rant about my opinion on the Tea Party.

Fuck the tea party.

That was my rant and my opinion on the Tea Party.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:24 am

too long, didn't read

:lol:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:28 am

I don't pay much attention to them, but I think it is hilarious that people with their values make fun of hippy liberals for protesting, when they are doing the same f*cking thing.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:33 am

Big-Will wrote:too long, didn't read
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:52 am

Big-Will wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:Prepare for a long rant about my opinion on the Tea Party.

Fuck the tea party.

That was my rant and my opinion on the Tea Party.

too long, didn't read

:lol:

In the words of Sarah Palin: "You betcha' "
Diabeteth

Postby Diabeteth » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:04 pm

Am I the only one here who doesn't think they're completely insane? :P

Admittedly, that probably has something to do with the fact that I happen to know a small number of people who have been involved in it... including a black one... which means that I just laugh at some of the stuff people say about them and wonder how much is actually true. God knows what the actual percentage of crazies is. There are crazy people in any group, actually, so I avoid making any judgment about large political groups based on a couple horror stories. The ones I know are pretty sane. Except for one sympathizer, but since he hasn't actually DONE to support the Tea Party except verbally approve...

As for their political views... too far to the right. I especially want to tell them to stop the "America-was-founded-on-Christianity!" claim. No, it wasn't. Christianity did have a bit of influence (or, more likely, was used as an argument to uphold pre-conceived views; most people in the country were Christian, so it would make sense for people in support of something to say, "BUT GOD DOESN'T LIKE KINGS, SEE?! HE TOLD THE ISRAELITES ABOUT ALL THESE AWFUL THINGS KINGS DID WHEN THEY ASKED FOR ONE!!" to get people on their side.) However, many other things had major influence, the Enlightenment being one of the most well-known. Most of the things they say are, when you think about it, simply political views where no one is definitely right or wrong, but the impact of Christianity on the founding of the United States DOES have a right answer. And no one respond to that by saying that the Left is obviously right about how much power government should have! That isn't something with an answer, but it is the issue the Tea Party cares about the most.

Tip for the media and other people showing what's wrong with the Tea Party: Do not call them racists. Whatever else is true about them, the vast majority are not racists, and you cause people like me to wonder how much of what you say is a lie.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”