let's have a Tea Time chat.... Earl Grey? Green?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

gtaca2005

Re: let's have a Tea Party chat....

Postby gtaca2005 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:46 am

My brother is trying to get a job at Costco.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:06 am

Well, then tell him to keep putting in online applications until he gets an interview, and that it helps if you already have a job. And tell him to keep in mind that they are looking for people who are responsible, professional, can work fast and work well with other people, and who can handle huge crowds of people every day. We probably get a few thousand people in the store, and our store is in a small town. I can imagine stores in cities must get a lot more.

And right now, your store might be hiring mostly seasonal people, and that means if your brother got hired, he would probably work til after Christmas, but if he worked seasonal, and did a good job, that would give him a good chance of getting hired for full or part time. Hope this advice helps your brother.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:25 am

Niels0827 wrote:
Big-Will wrote:Yeah, all the awesome people were here 6-9 years ago, but you guys weren't...

Oh, gee. Thanks Will. :(

Fri Jul 02, 2004

You're in, holmes!

And this thread is now about tea time. :) We've hit a dead end in the political discussion.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
zzyzx 1

Re: let's have a Tea Time chat.... Earl Grey? Green?

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:36 am

Big-Will wrote:
M00ndragon69 wrote:
Samathou wrote:Sure, but in a Tea Party you do as if you drank tea? xD

I'd like to speak about tea... :cartmansad:

Yeah, you probably should move some of these posts to a new thread..What should we call it?

And Sam is awesome. I like her. I like her..Sam..Sam rhymes with HaaM...Remember her Will, Happiness All Around Me? I remember her a little..She was nice

I'm not really paying much attention as to who is awesome now (well, there's Samathou. :) ).

And this thread is now about tea time. We've hit a dead end in the political discussion.

I agree as to all the quotes above me in this post :)

So as Samathou wants to talk about tea in this thread, this is for you, Sam :)

Tea: Earl Grey is my standard go-to tea. It is made from the leaves of Orange Pekoe and Pekoe Black Tea. But my favorite brand of Orange Pekoe and Pekoe Black Tea is called: Swee-Touch-Nee Tea. Their motto is: "The Aristocrat of Teas." It's my favorite Earl Grey.

I do like Jasmine and Oolong Tea in Chinese and Vietnamese Restaurants; Green Tea, while supposed to be good for the health, tastes kind of bland to me.

My favorite of all teas is a blend made by the a company which is the remnant of a chain of restaurants, (the restaurants are 99% gone, but the tea is readily available in supermarkets): Good Earth Original Tea - Sweet & Spicy Tea and Herb Blend. It ingredients are:

Black Tea, Rosehips, Cinnamon, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Chamomile, Papaya, Jasmine Tea, Anise Seed, Ginger Root, Orange Peel, and Orange Oil.

To emulate the restaurant taste, I take two teabags, and steep it in hot water for a minimum of 5 minutes. Delicious :)

And so ends the first post under the new thread name.

Who's next? What tea do you like?
2+2=5

Postby 2+2=5 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:58 am

e I mentioned on here who were cool, but no longer post here

...because of the debates in the off topic thread? That's why Shane etc don't post here so much anymore? I know people left, but how many went for this reason?

that doesn't mean I think insults and assumptions should be thrown at someone who posts here with a differing opinion if they weren't being insulting first

I'd tend to agree, but some political views are inherently insulting. Plus assuming someone who's part of a fox-invented movement watches fox doesn't count as an insulting assumption IMO, its a reasonable inference, as are most of the things you do but call others out on.

posted after a long, tiring day of work.

Your the one who does a hard day's work then wastes their remaining time and energy posting a wall to someone they don't even like, on a topic they don't enjoy, in a style they constantly attack. I just do it in my endless free time.

"Tales from the BBS Crypt."

is now in a crypt :/

My brother is trying to get a job at Costco.

We've hit a dead end in the political discussion.

Yup :P Glad m00n didn't leave before giving that bit of advice at least >_>

Cant this thread be about coffee >_>
SuperMaids/superiorsavior/PIPaul strikes again...because he forgot his Passover. Again.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:01 pm

2+2=5 wrote:

...because of the debates in the off topic thread? That's why Shane etc don't post here so much anymore? I know people left, but how many went for this reason?

Shane hardly posts anymore because he doesn't have the internet where he lives right now. I still talk to him regularly via phone and text. I'm sure he'd also post more often if there was more interest in fan fiction.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:52 pm

Hey guys, we have Randome, Last Replay, and What's Up? This is the Tea Thread.

I said I found green tea bland. That may be because i don't add any sugar to my tea. As a child I used to add so much sugar to my tea, it was as if the tea was flavoring the sugar, instead of the sugar flavoring the tea :P

Then my dental hygienist told me I would get a lot of cavities with so much sugar. I told her that tea tastes terrible without sugar. She said to learn to like unsweetened tea if I wanted to reduce getting cavities. I listened to her. I never add any sugar to my tea anymore. Maybe that's why I like the spicy herb blend of Good Earth Tea so much.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:39 pm

Niels0827 wrote:
2+2=5 wrote:

Shane hardly posts anymore because he doesn't have the internet where he lives right now. I still talk to him regularly via phone and text. I'm sure he'd also post more often if there was more interest in fan fiction.

I see he has access to a computer today. I saw him on Facebook, and now i see him here. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:40 am

I do like coffee more than tea..But orange tea is pretty good.

And SS, does it really look like I am leaving to you?. I didn't even actually say I was leaving. I said I was going to pay more attention to things like the continue the story thread, and the threads for the new episodes..If you actually really read what I said..You don't do you? Really read what I actually say in my long ass posts. Well, that is ok, since to be honest a lot of the time I just kind of skim through what you write. As for everything else you said in your post..Whatever. Why is it such a concern for you if I like it here or hate it here? Or why I post on here if I hate it?

Oh and do you notice how no one else is commenting on what we say to eachother? They are probably looking at our posts doing this. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
ProgrammerOfDecline

Postby ProgrammerOfDecline » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:53 am

I f*cking love tea, personally. I tend to lean towards Japanese teas; one tea I have been enjoying is Dragonwell Green Tea from the Zhejiang Province in China. It is velvety smooth, and has a slightly nutty aftertaste, while being slightly vegetal, as most high grade tea tends to be. I should also point out I only drink loose tea, it does not have as much caffeine as coffee, and it is far healthier. if you are drinking, say, Lipton tea bags, you are missing out on all of the health benefits, drinking way to much caffeine, and most importantly, not drinking very good tea.
I'm Schliby
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:24 am

I've tried a couple of different kinds, but I tend to stick with Bigelow Earl Grey and Plantation Mint. I only drink them when I'm sick mind you. The Mint really helps when my sinuses are all blocked up, and my throat is raw.
ProgrammerOfDecline

Postby ProgrammerOfDecline » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:33 pm

If you ever find you are extremely nauseous, and nothing is working to get rid of it, make some fresh ginger tea, with lemon and honey, it really, really works! I was not feeling that well after a night of doing something fun that I am not gonna mention, and it totally got rid of my nausea. It also clears up your sinuses a good amount too.
I'm Schliby
Samathou

Postby Samathou » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:50 pm

zzyzx 1 wrote:
Big-Will wrote:
M00ndragon69 wrote:Yeah, you probably should move some of these posts to a new thread..What should we call it?

And Sam is awesome. I like her. I like her..Sam..Sam rhymes with HaaM...Remember her Will, Happiness All Around Me? I remember her a little..She was nice

I'm not really paying much attention as to who is awesome now (well, there's Samathou. :) ).

And this thread is now about tea time. We've hit a dead end in the political discussion.

I agree as to all the quotes above me in this post :)

So as Samathou wants to talk about tea in this thread, this is for you, Sam :)

Tea: Earl Grey is my standard go-to tea. It is made from the leaves of Orange Pekoe and Pekoe Black Tea. But my favorite brand of Orange Pekoe and Pekoe Black Tea is called: Swee-Touch-Nee Tea. Their motto is: "The Aristocrat of Teas." It's my favorite Earl Grey.

I do like Jasmine and Oolong Tea in Chinese and Vietnamese Restaurants; Green Tea, while supposed to be good for the health, tastes kind of bland to me.

My favorite of all teas is a blend made by the a company which is the remnant of a chain of restaurants, (the restaurants are 99% gone, but the tea is readily available in supermarkets): Good Earth Original Tea - Sweet & Spicy Tea and Herb Blend. It ingredients are:

Black Tea, Rosehips, Cinnamon, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Chamomile, Papaya, Jasmine Tea, Anise Seed, Ginger Root, Orange Peel, and Orange Oil.

To emulate the restaurant taste, I take two teabags, and steep it in hot water for a minimum of 5 minutes. Delicious :)

And so ends the first post under the new thread name.

Who's next? What tea do you like?

Oh thank you, guys. :D
In October, I already wanna wish you a Merry Christmas... mwahaha! ~~
Jake, M'kay?

Postby Jake, M'kay? » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:17 pm

I don't really care for tea. Unless it's iced tea. If it's iced tea then I'm all over that.
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
Samathou

Postby Samathou » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:36 pm

In October, I already wanna wish you a Merry Christmas... mwahaha! ~~

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”