The Dream Thread

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Wii fit man

Re: The Dream Theard

Postby Wii fit man » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:28 am

I had this weird anime-fusion type dream, where I kept traveling from one anime to another, where a bunch of weird stuff was happening in every single one. Which is weird, because I haven't watched any anime in months...

I also had a dream a week ago that I hit some really annoying person in the head with an umbrella, and got sentences to death for it. So I ran to Canada, and got shot by Mounties. I've never seen a "mountie" before in my whole life, by the way. I just knew that that was what they were because they called themselves that.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:56 am

I can only remember a piece from a dream a couple nights ago. The Marsh family and maybe some friends were over having dinner. Stan commented on how good his mom's cornbread was. I am sure he said this for I had had chili and cornbread for dinner two nights ago. :wink:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:26 am

Wow, what a fvcked up dream I just had. It started out pretty normal, then got fucking weird... like some sort of bad/weird live action sci-fi show that Adult Swim would put on. (Fair warning, it's going to be long as hell.)

At first, I was in a hospital type building. Me, Mom, and Dad were there. Mom was having some sort of tests done, and Dad and I were hanging around in a waiting room waiting on the results. There were a bunch of older people around in this room, almost like it was some sort of retirement home waiting room or something. There was a stereo playing some bad staticy top-40 station, so I got up and changed it to Classical or Lite Jazz. I also noticed it was cold in the room, so I started messing with this overly complicated fireplace/heater that I thought was wood burning, but turned out to be gas and required an almost tire-iron type tool to turn the regulator. Once I had the heat turned up I spent what had to have been 20 minutes trying to hang these cast iron radiants on the front of the thing. I couldn’t get it right, but I figured that it was lit and working, and it would heat the place up alright eventually. I sat back down and started flipping through some magazines with my Dad. At that point, some doctor came by and said to me "Don't you think that all of that is a little too much for everyone here?", pointing and gesturing to the stereo and fireplace. I said "Well if you think that people are going to get overly stimulated by music I put on to go to sleep to, and being too warm, then by all means go ahead and put it back the way it was it yourself." He shrugged and walked away, and then my Mom and her doctor came out and joined us. He said that the tests were inconclusive, and they were running another set of tests that would take a couple of hours, and we were to wait around until then. At that point I decided to go and find something to eat from the snack machines.

I had been in that "hospital" before, but it had been a while, and I found that the snack machines had been moved, and to get to them I had to pass through this area for the children’s ward that was set up like a miniature arcade from Gameworks. There were a few kids around playing with different games, including a bunch that were wowed by some vintage table mounted Pacman, Galaga, and Space Invader games. I wanted to stop and play, but decided to push on and find the vending machines. When I did eventually find them, they wound up being the ones from one of the colleges I went to, and they were in horrible disrepair. The lights inside were burned out, and the room was badly lit, so I had to get my cellphone out, flip it open, and hold it up to the glass to see what all was in there. While I was doing this, a guy came along that recognized me from some classes we were in before. (even though this was a hospital, not a school) He was one of those annoying “Chris-Chris” type guys who thinks they’re wayyy more awesome than they are, and he just wouldn’t shut up. I can’t remember all of what he said, but at the end of it, he said “…yeah, these machines are pretty fucked up aren’t they?” I said “Yeah, they are. I think I’m going to go and see what’s in the ones on the other floors.” Then he said “Alright, well see you later bro”, and left. It turned out there were some stairs right next to the machines, and I decided to take them rather than go back and try to find the elevators.

Here's where the bat-shit insanity really kicks in. As I climbed the stairs from the first level to the second, it changed from being a somewhat normal hospital to being a hospital/office building that was floating in space. It also changed from being like events I was actually experiencing, to being like I was in/watching a TV show. There was an almost Red Dwarf-esque element to the happenings too. There was some sort of weird nurse robot who’s “boyfriend” was a giant turtle robot (who's body was made out of a giant smoker BBQ the size of 4 small cars, and his head was a Murray lawn tractor) and was confined to a room for some reason . The room the turtle robot was in was guarded by a sentient florescent Shop Light (a-la Talkie Toaster), who was actually in love with the nurse robot, but she didn't know about it. (Oh, it gets worse.)

This is where it starts to take on the [AS] look of a bad sci-fi show. The next floor up, there was this fish/shark man (well it was more like a shark that could talk, and walk on his tail fins like the one in that old Fritz Freleng cartoon, but he was made out of coarse sliver painted foam) who was quarantined, but a gas leak in the room caused him to lose his mind and start mutilating himself with an object that looked like a knitting needle. Everything that happens happens in shadows and flashes, but the next thing you see, he’s missing an eye, a fin, and has many stab wounds to his… torso? I guess that’s what that’s called. He manages to escape somehow, and starts looking for other people/beings to mutilate as well. He makes his way down to the first level where the arcade area was (and at this point the place was starting to look more like a space ship than a hospital), but it was “late at night” so there really wasn't anyone around. Then out of nowhere, Marina Sirtis (as a Councilor Troy like character, but she wasn’t) comes out of a corridor, sees the creature, and although you can see some panic in her eyes initially, she starts smiling and acting all overly nice and loving to the thing (like she’s befriended it in the past or something). She does manage to “talk him down” (but I think the blood loss had a lot to do with it as well), as he collapses onto the floor. Me and her manage to get some orderlies to help load him onto a gurney and take him to “sickbay”, where Doc Hammer and Jackson Publick (of Venture Bros. fame) work furiously to try and stem blood loss from the wounds and revive him, but he’s already gone. At least I assume that’s what happened. Everyone stopped working on him, and I turned and walked away. Then I woke up and thought “Holy sh*t, I’ve gotta write this down!”

I’ve now spent about 2 hours writing this out, plus an additional third rearranging and smoothing things out, and fleshing out details. After the first hour I got hungry and pasted all of this into Word with this “note” to myself as to how it ended so I could come back and finish it later: [FISH MAN/GAS LEAK/INSANE SELF-MUTILATION/MARINA SIRTIS/SICKBAY/DOC&JACKSON...]. :lol: Now that I sit and think about it, I can equate about half of the dream, including the batshit insane stuff to things that I saw or read about on TV or the internet, or experienced IRL this past week.
furrybutch

Postby furrybutch » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:43 pm

TL;DR
Ok,my turn.

So I had this dream where I saw my mum cutting onions,at one point she began to throw onions at a dog,the dog caught the onion in his eye and began to laugh...I can't remember what happened next but before I woke up I knew the dog ate my mum.

I tell you this could be one of the best dreams I've had in a while.
Who wants a super delish candy with a superextracalifragilistic rapeinduhass?
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:12 pm

I had another weird dream.

Me and a couple friends were on a snowy mountain, and there was this big river going down. You could actually slide down said river. It was cool. So, I managed to suddenly learn how to surf, and I entered a competition for 1,000 dollars. The competition was to see who could surf down the mountain the fastest. My supposed "rival" (I had no idea who he was) was in it, too. So, we started singing for some reason. And I had a soprano voice, and it sounded surprisingly nice. I was about to win the competition, but then I crashed into a big boulder, and I woke up.
Last edited by Wii fit man on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:35 pm

Anyone here ever seen South Park in their dreams? I see South Park all of the time when I dream.
Samathou

Postby Samathou » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:22 pm

I've already seen SP in my dreams... I mean... me beeing watching South Park.
In October, I already wanna wish you a Merry Christmas... mwahaha! ~~
samanther-and-stuff

Postby samanther-and-stuff » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:59 pm

I had a dream a couple nights ago. I was on holiday somewhere hot, and I was with my buds. we were on a beach when a guy walked over to me, picked up my dog and put him in his mouth then every one started laughing (even my dog)? :shock:
FUN STUFF Tee Hee Hee
AxayPaulene

Postby AxayPaulene » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:13 pm

You know those times when you have this absolutely amazing dream and you actually remember almost all of it? I had one of those in the summer (can't really recall having any really good dreams recently ), but after I woke up, I realized it was more of a nightmare.
I still kind of cringe when thinking about it...
R.I.P Pip: 1989 - 2010
Πιστεύω σε σας

Pull your fucking pants up!
Samathou

Postby Samathou » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:57 pm

Nothing very awesome in these times.
Starchild91

Postby Starchild91 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:36 am

I dreamt several random things last night.

First of all: I could sing. Really well. And I can assured you, in reality... My singing voice could kill a cat, so I really impressed myself last night. I guess that's what happens when you listen to Evanescence before you go to sleep.

I could also be on my laptop without the cord being plugged in, which neither is possible in real life... Not after I dropped it in the floor the same day I got it back from being repaired.

I also think I met someone I know online. This American chick called Natalie. It was awesome.

Dean Winchester: Cherub?
Castiel: Yeah, they're all over the world. There are dozens of them.
Dean Winchester: You mean the little, flying, fat kids in diapers?
Castiel: They're not incontinent.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:09 am

I took a nap this afternoon for like 3 hours and had a dream about the nerds from Big Bang. I was in their apartment, which wasn't the loft shown in the show, but some weird sprawling 80's designed/decorated place. I don't know how it got to this point, but I needed a place to stay, and somehow knew they had a third bedroom they weren't using. One of them said, "Oh well you can use it I guess. It's kind of small, and we only use it for storage anyway." Leonard showed me back to where it was, and the door leading to it had some sort of strange wheel and pulley opening mechanism triggered by a lever on the wall. Sheldon then showed me in to the place, and it was twice the size of a 2 car garage... and the back half of it was a garage. Also the room was painted aqua, it had tall black metal cabinets spaced out along the walls, and among the junk in the room was a bright orange Maytag washer from the 70's. I looked around and said "Jesus, this place is like a massive 1980's aquarium!" and Sheldon started acting like he was swimming around the room as he was showing me around. I laughed, but I was just on the edge of waking up, and although I was still dreaming, I could tell I was sleep-laughing.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:32 am

Here I go with another TV based one. Community mashed up with the action from Dollhouse with me mixed in... And I think David Tenant was in there too, but I don't know if it was as The Doctor or not... plus I vaguely remember some of the principle players of New Tricks, but I think those last two elements were part of an earlier dream.

Anyway, I remember in the Community/Dollhouse thing, I kept being chased by baddies in a department store or mall. We wound up in a generic Kitchen department, and I kept trying to knock people out with pots, pans, pizza paddles, anything large and flat with a handle on it. I stabbed a couple of them in non-essential areas, pinning one of them to a stack of cookbooks, :? and another to a large wooden chopping block. Then as I met up with Jeff & Britta (community aspect coming in here), Piers came out of nowhere and tried to kill us with an electric carving knife... so I stabbed him in the chest with a Chef's knife. He dropped his knife and started to bleed, and tried to shrug it off like nothing happened. I was like, "Dude, I just stabbed you in the fvcking chest!" He said "Aw, it's just a flesh wound, I'll be fine." Meanwhile, blood is dribbling out of the thing, and still was while we walked several hundred feet to where cops were waiting to take him to jail. They even cuffed him and loaded him into a cop car with the thing oozing. (gross)
Then a beat up red Buick station wagon pulled up with the blond Asian chick from Dollhouse and some other random people in it, we got in and drove off into the sunset while Jeff waxed on, "this means the end of the show right?" and I said "I guess so, I don't know." then someone else said, "It can't be this is only the third or fourth episode"... and I woke up.
intellix

Postby intellix » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:40 am

Anything you've ever dreamt was an idea planted in your head by me and my team... you're living a lie!

Tim tim, Timmy, I'm living a lie, living a lie.
"PHP/MySQL 'n jQuery developer (so respect ma authoratah!) of Konoro Games - obv one of ze best Conquer Games (if you dont like it, suck on my choco salty balls) and definitely ze greatest City Building Games of all time!!" - Cartman 14:6
Samathou

Postby Samathou » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:16 pm

I love dreaming! You can see things you can't see in real life, you can do things you can't do in real life...
Actually, everything is possible! :mrgreen:

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”