Elections

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

clydefrog4963
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:33 am

Elections

Postby clydefrog4963 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:27 am

How are the campaigns where you are??? Here in central IL, there are probably 50 different commercials/radio ads which are mud slinging (this f*cker voted to raise taxes, he sent jobs overseas, he supported bush, he sucks dick, etc)...and NONE of them say "Ok, this is what I will do to fix it."

Every ad, other than maybe...1 that I have heard...MAYBE...are just bashing the opponent with no mention of how they will govern.

So I have decided to say f*ck em, I'm not voting..not that if I did it would have mattered much because I would just be guessing who I am voting for...And I would vote against judges who have sent me to jail. ;p

Anyone else having trouble deciding?

Image
Image
Pro-Choice vs. Cartman
Pro-Gun Control vs. Cartman
People Against The Clubbing Of Baby Seals vs. Cartman

My SP Collection: http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n104 ... 010192.jpg
zzyzx 1
Posts: 4887
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:20 am

Re: Elections

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:25 pm

As in most elections, there are two poor choices. And you vote for the better poor choice then the worst poor choice.

But I say to vote in every election for a different reason: There might be an election someday that you really do want to vote in, and when you get to the voting place you learn you are not allowed to vote because you did not vote in many previous elections.

Keep your eligibility to vote current. Vote in every election. You could do what i do: in California (as in many States), you can apply for permanent absentee voter status allowing you to vote by mail without giving any reason at all such as an illness or that you will be out of town.

By voting every election you will keep current your eligibility to vote for that one future election that you really want to vote in.
furrybutch
Posts: 574
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:03 pm

Re: Elections

Postby furrybutch » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:11 pm

I'm just because i thought the title was ejaculation.And now i'm gonna stop saying what I was going to,making a semi-douche of myself.
But to be on , I can still swear some of the republicans around here or complain about the current president,that's all there is in politics anyway.
Who wants a super delish candy with a superextracalifragilistic rapeinduhass?
BRMBug
Posts: 18534
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:43 am

Re: Elections

Postby BRMBug » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:16 am

clydefrog4963 wrote:How are the campaigns where you are???

Fvcking insane. There are some that I can't even believe are real. That is to say that I can't believe they weren't done as a bit. I wish I could find them to post.
gtaca2005
Posts: 3915
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:36 am

Re: Elections

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:57 am

BRMBug wrote:
clydefrog4963 wrote:How are the campaigns where you are???

Fvcking insane. There are some that I can't even believe are real. That is to say that I can't believe they weren't done as a bit. I wish I could find them to post.

Our country is going insane. Hold me, Bug. :tweek:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Wii fit man
Posts: 11153
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: Elections

Postby Wii fit man » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:51 am

My mom went to Kentucky, and she said that the campaign ads over there are insane.

You know what's really annoying, though? When we get ads for Maryland candidates. I'm not in Maryland! I don't care!
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
gtaca2005
Posts: 3915
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:36 am

Re: Elections

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:08 am

Wii fit man wrote:My mom went to Kentucky, and she said that the campaign ads over there are insane.

You know what's really annoying, though? When we get ads for Maryland candidates. I'm not in Maryland! I don't care!

That's what you get being from a media market on the border of your state, in your case, district.

I get none because I am in a non border market, but I do get local district ads that have f*ck all to do with me. Everyone does.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6124
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Re: Elections

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:54 pm

clydefrog4963 wrote:So I have decided to say f*ck em, I'm not voting..not that if I did it would have mattered much because I would just be guessing who I am voting for...And I would vote against judges who have sent me to jail. ;p


That's just about the worse thing you can do is not vote. And just because you're sick of the stupid ads? C'mon, man. If a person doesn't vote they've got nothing to complain about for the next 2 years.

I often think this is the intent of these bitter political campaigns. To completely turn off most moderate voters so that only the real committed loonies show up at the polls. All it takes is a few minutes to find out who's running for what and what their positions are.

You can thank the Roberts Supreme Court for the volume of ads this season. That Citizens United decision has opened the floodgates of campaign contributions. I heard some $3 billion has been spent just this year. That's obscene. It's my civic duty to vote against that big money. This is a government by the people for the people, not a government by the rich people for the rich people. So suck it up and fuckin' vote, America.
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
Diabeteth
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:48 pm

Re: Elections

Postby Diabeteth » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:59 pm

Wii fit man wrote:You know what's really annoying, though? When we get ads for Maryland candidates. I'm not in Maryland! I don't care!

I feel for you. I live by the Kansas/Missouri border. Sucks to get so many ads, doesn't it?
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6124
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Re: Elections

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:58 pm

Phew, made it to election day finally. No more goddamn ads! Hooray!

Goddammit fucking shit!! Right as I was typing this post, I got another fucking robo-call! Fuck you, recording, I already voted. Damn, this day needs to end.
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
gtaca2005
Posts: 3915
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:36 am

Re: Elections

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:39 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:Phew, made it to election day finally. No more goddamn ads! Hooray!

Goddammit fucking shit!! Right as I was typing this post, I got another fucking robo-call! Fuck you, recording, I already voted. Damn, this day needs to end.

"No more goddamn ads!"

Sorry to burst your bubble:
http://washingtonindependent.com/102153 ... re-to-stay

There’s a lot of buzz surrounding the announcement made by American Crossroads and Crossroads GPS — the sister groups that Republican strategists Karl Rove and Ed Gillespie helped conceive — that they will continue advertising against Democrats after the elections when Congress returns and debates over extending the Bush-era tax cuts and enacting immigration reform resumes. “It’s a bigger prize in 2012, and that’s changing the White House,” Robert Duncan, the chairman of American Crossroads, said. “We’ve planted the flag for permanence, and we believe that we will play a major role for 2012.”
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: Elections

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:17 pm

Sadly, I do not know too much about Bremerton politics to get involve, so rather than be a sheep and vote for anyone based on parties or commercials(and since the packet I received was BS), i did not vote for local representative. In 2012 however, change in Bremerton is in order- the city is in stagnation and crime is up, and that was before the recession.

I did vote for Patty Murray however, if only because Rossi is a well-known crook. Didn't like my choices, however, but Murray has fought to keep several large military bases open and I have a hard on for that. And Norm Dicks cause he is more or less the same in terms of hawkish military thinking and socially moderate views.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Diabeteth
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:48 pm

Re: Elections

Postby Diabeteth » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:31 am

gtaca2005 wrote:"No more goddamn ads!"

Sorry to burst your bubble:
http://washingtonindependent.com/102153 ... re-to-stay

There’s a lot of buzz surrounding the announcement made by American Crossroads and Crossroads GPS — the sister groups that Republican strategists Karl Rove and Ed Gillespie helped conceive — that they will continue advertising against Democrats after the elections when Congress returns and debates over extending the Bush-era tax cuts and enacting immigration reform resumes. “It’s a bigger prize in 2012, and that’s changing the White House,” Robert Duncan, the chairman of American Crossroads, said. “We’ve planted the flag for permanence, and we believe that we will play a major role for 2012.”

Shit.

Oh well, at least there won't be those back-to-back ads for opposing candidates for the ENTIRE FUCKING COMMERCIAL BREAK anymore. That's the part that really bugged me.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
nall
Site Admin
Posts: 1646
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 2:52 pm

Re: Elections

Postby nall » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:37 am

clydefrog4963 wrote:Every ad, other than maybe...1 that I have heard...MAYBE...are just bashing the opponent with no mention of how they will govern.

Meg Whitman and Jerry Brown have both run a bunch of ads online on SPS and other similar sites. I was actually shocked that Whitman's ads were mostly positive and didn't mention her opponent, while Brown's ads were all just slinging mud at Whitman.

But the truth of the matter is mud slinging works, so people do it.
gtaca2005
Posts: 3915
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:36 am

Re: Elections

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:18 am

Maybe you are getting different ads than I am.

Meg's were WAY more negative, not to mention, deemed massively pushed misconceptions. Factcheck.org among others called many of her ads false.

Negate or not, I do not care.

If the negate one is truthful and the positive one is lying, I will side with the negative one.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest