Liberal Doom Bunker: Code Red

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

gtaca2005

Liberal Doom Bunker: Code Red

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:28 am

Ok, reason and logic have lost this election, hard. We need to plan our attacks for 2012.

GET THE FUCK IN HERE!

Yeah, punishing them by electing the people that made them "fail" in the eyes of those that would punish them, and complete f*cking falsehoods taken as fact in this god damn election.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Zazaban

Re: Liberal Doom Bunker: Code Red

Postby Zazaban » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:39 pm

I just don't like that creepy woman from Delaware who doesn't think separation of church and state is in the constitution.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:14 pm

The surge begins in waves every hour in about an hour. GET IN HERE.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:20 pm

$3 Billion.
For a mid-term election.

Fuck you John Roberts. You can take your "money is speech" and "corporations are people" rulings and shove them up your ass. This activist right-wing Supreme Court would be W's most shameful legacy without the whole 'lying to start a war' thing.

I guess I'm just frustrated how the same bullshit that sent this country into the shitter under Bush is going to prevail once again with a simple re-branding and a "no seriously, this time." That's quite a feat; leave the country in a gaping chasm so deep the other party can't even come close to getting out of it in two years so you can turn around and run against their 'failed policies'.

They put America into a coma and now they're getting reelected because America can't run a marathon yet. It's like ripping off a bandage because you think it's not healing fast enough.

You read it! You can't unread it!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:30 pm

And now we are going to get the wound infected....... With tea.

Husband: Honey, can you go get Billy from school?

Wife: Ok, see you later tonight baby.

Wife: [oh sh*t he left his car in the drive way I can't get through he is blocking me!]

Husband: Hello? Oh, I took the keys with me when I left in the work truck.

Wife: HOW CAN I GET HIM?

Husband: YOU HAVE A CAR, YOU HAVE THE POWER, WHY CAN'T YOU? YOU FAILURE!
("You have a majority, why can't you do sh*t? You Dems failed.")

Wife: You blocked me!

And the American people are watching and get to side with her or him. In this scenario, they side with the husband. This is what has happened this election.

(On top of lies about the wife/dems. Like the tax cuts Obama signed into law with the stimulus. Largest in history.)
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:41 pm

Zazaban wrote:I just don't like that creepy woman from Delaware who doesn't think separation of church and state is in the constitution.

It isn't; it's a line spoken by Thomas Jefferson in the early 1800s; the constitutional Amendment One that talks about religion was enacted in the late 1790s. It only has two clauses about religion, the Establishment Clause and the Free Exercise Clause. First, here is the 1st Amendment in full:

1st Amendment wrote:Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

So as to religion:

1. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion. That means Congress can't pass a law to say The United States is an official Protestant Country, or a Catholic Country, or a Jewish Country, or a Hindu Country, or an Islamic Country, or a whatever Country. Congress can pass no law like this.

2. Congress shall make no law prohibiting the free exercise thereof. That means Congress can't make a law that it is illegal to practice the religion you follow. Congress can't say okay, you're a Catholic? Well you can't practice Catholicism here in the US.

Nowhere in the text of the 1st Amendment of the United States Constitution does it say anything about separation of Church and State.

That being said: RE: LIBERAL DOOM BUNKER: CODE RED:

Obama was supposed to be the President of Change. His 2007-2008 campaign was all about change. But Obama kept several key President Bush people around instead of putting in his own people. That's not a change :x

Obama thought he would unite the Democrats and the country by appointing his Democratic opponent in th 2008 campaign Hillary Clinton as his Secretary of State. No matter what your opinion is of health care is, Obama pushed that issue at the expense of other issues such as closing Gitmo, and ending the foreign wars. And all this time the recession is getting deeper. It's a depression imo, but they not only call it a recession, but now they announced the recession has been over for some time. So where's the CHANGE Obama was talking about for two years prior to be elected President?

One thing Obama was right about: we do need CHANGE. Unfortunately, Obama turned out NOT to be the President of Change except that in these 2010 mid-term elections, the Senate and House percentage of Democrats are going to go down; that's a change. And in 2012, Obama will prove that like Jimmy Carter before him, Obama will be a one-term President; so the Change must be that another democrat candidate must oppose Obama in the primaries in two years and WIN the nomination for the dems. Otherwise, if Obama is the candidate for President in 2012, the Republican nominee will win, no matter who he/she is: Sarah Palin :parishilton:

Obama called for CHANGE. There hasn't been any. Obama doesn't even use the word CHANGE anymore to my knowledge. We need a change of leadership in the Democratic Party; We need an historical oddity: A Democratic President who is a one-term President who will be replaced in 2012 by another Democrat (instead of a candidate from the other party, i.e., the Republicans).
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:45 pm

Sorry, but you are wrong:

Thomas Jefferson's "Wall of Separation" Letter wrote:Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:50 pm

The actual phrase "separation of church and state" is not in the Constitution, however the Constitution DOES call for an actual separation between government and religion, so the phrase may as well be in there. If it were to be, it wouldn't make a difference.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:56 pm

Is there room in the liberal bunker for a socially liberal right-wing militarist?XD Because if the Tea Party makes gains, I call for extermination.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:57 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:Is there room in the liberal bunker for a socially liberal right-wing militarist?XD Because if the Tea Party makes gains, I call for extermination.

Shane, you are our favorite war Republican. If you are sane enough to see that the Teabaggers are insane, of course you can come in!
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:08 pm

I see.

Thomas Jefferson's 'Wall of Separation' Letter wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:Sorry, but you are wrong:

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State.

So you design this thread: "Liberal Doom Bunker: Code Red," I talk about Obama being a one-term president, the historical oddity of a one-term president and the hope that he will be replaced by one of his own party and NOT of the opposing party; I talk about Obama campaigning for two years before he was elected President as becoming the President of Change and it hasn't happened, I talk about Obama keeping several key of his predecessor's personal in their positions instead of replacing them with his own, and instead your post addresses none of this with the exception of the Jefferson reference I made. You ignore my post (which you can do - it's your thread) and with a few keystrokes on your keyboard you dismisses everything I said (except for Jefferson) with: "Sorry, you're wrong" and you quote Thomas Jefferson.

I'm sorry, gta, my post was much more than Separation of Church and State. When you take some political science classes in the future you will learn that the Jefferson quote you quoted to say I was wrong is actually the quote that is attributed to Jefferson that got the phrase "Separation of Church and State" so well known that people today in the 21st Century still believe that "Separation of Church and State" is in the Constitution as Zazaban thought. It is NOT in the Constitution. I was not wrong is posting that the wording of "separation of Church and State" is not to be found in the United States Constitution which includes ALL Amendments to that Constitution.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:14 pm

I just have no comment on the other part, you already know what I think. Obama didn't stand up for the public option, he appealed DADT, etc. I thought you would already know I agree with your post for the most part. :|

I want Hilary to run in 2012. (Not going to happen) Mostly for likelihood in winning, avoiding a Republican White House.

About separation of church and state not being in it, I just don't like it when people get technical about it not being in there when it is so obvious. So when they say it isn't in there (isn't), even if they say it is in context, it puts me off. I know it isn't conceding anything, but the crazies see it like that. "AH! I WAS RIGHT! SEE!"
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:24 pm

Now awaiting the triumphant conservative thread.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:26 pm

gtaca2005 wrote:I just have no comment on the other part, you already know what I think. Obama didn't stand up for the public option, he appealed DADT, etc. I thought you would already know I agree with your post for the most part. :|

I want Hilary to run in 2012. (Not going to happen) Mostly for likelihood in winning, avoiding a Republican White House.

About separation of church and state not being in it, I just don't like it when people get technical about it not being in there when it is so obvious. So when they say it isn't in there (isn't), even if they say it is in context, it puts me off. I know it isn't conceding anything, but the crazies see it like that. "AH! I WAS RIGHT! SEE!"

I'm still pissed off that DADT hasn't just been destroyed already. It is inevitable- in my opinion, those that try to slow it down are unamerican assh*les who are weakening the f*cking military, not helping it. Proud, brave Americans are willing to die and, in my opinion since it poses important theological questions, kill for their country. Let them and dishonorably discharge anyone who can't be mature enough to fight alongside them.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:25 am

Big-Will wrote:Now awaiting the triumphant conservative thread.

Awaiting the gloat.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”